Week 2 - Champs at Ottawa lead up

6 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I’m hoping maybe we can get Augustine some more touches this game. With his speed it could definitely benefit us, especially with our o-line taking some time to gel and play up to their high standards. 

Every guy on the ol started games last year and has been here for two grey cup wins. I don’t think gel can be an excuse. I think between 60/40 and 70/30 is where we want to end up and probably will. 

we didn’t see demski on the sweep though  and Brady got banged up at one point so it’s hard to say what we should expect this week. 

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeh he was shaky on all the holds, and his sneaks he has piss poor technique....I can see him having days numbered for sure if more of the same...and his salary, tho likely not massive, is prob a significant one to utilize for a returnee, or a current FA hoping still to latch on to an NFL team for one final shot

So, saw that Strev needs 3 games for a NFL pension...

If he is dressed for 3 pre-season games, does that mean he qualifies for a NFL pension....

I believe Strev will be on a CFL team by late Aug or very early Sept... 

2 minutes ago, camper_2 said:

So, saw that Strev needs 3 games for a NFL pension...

If he is dressed for 3 pre-season games, does that mean he qualifies for a NFL pension....

I believe Strev will be on a CFL team by late Aug or very early Sept... 

I don't think the preseason qualifies.  https://nflpa.com/active-players/faq/what-is-a-credited-season-and-what-does-it-mean-to-be-vested

What is a Credited Season and what does it mean to be vested?

Generally, you earn a credited season if you are on the active, inactive, IR or PUP roster for three or more regular or post-season NFL games.

You also earn a Credited Season if you are released injured and receive an injury settlement or grievance for the equivalent of 3 or more regular season games.

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

Taylor reporting Jeffcoat is practicing!! Love this!!! Rene is also practicing. Not big on him playing safety but it's a good that he's able to practice more.

I'd e totally fine with him at safety...he's more athletic and certain is more apt to make right coverage reads/decisions...

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I know. but he's a straight up rookie. He'll get picked on. I'd prefer Hallet or another vet DB.

basically so is Thompson....and it's hard to really pick on a safety unless he was somewhat clueless and was biting on run support or being suckered away to somewhere else and leaving the deep midle and over the top support vacant...which happened....so cant be worse with Rene...and Rene has more speed to recover

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

Taylor reporting Jeffcoat is practicing!! Love this!!! Rene is also practicing. Not big on him playing safety but it's a good that he's able to practice more.

This is good news, Jefferson was outstanding in game one but didn’t seem like we got the same push we normally do from the other guys so having Jeffcoat back to get at Masoli will be huge. 

59 minutes ago, Booch said:

I'd e totally fine with him at safety...he's more athletic and certain is more apt to make right coverage reads/decisions...

Thompson seems to be missing the athleticism and brains to play s. He plays more like a mac with a rover assignment. He’s a poor man’s loffler. 

53 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

This is good news, Jefferson was outstanding in game one but didn’t seem like we got the same push we normally do from the other guys so having Jeffcoat back to get at Masoli will be huge. 

100%. Though it did get better as the game went on. We saw different dl alignments due to the lack of a nose tackle. Can’t say yet how well we will execute the current scheme even with jj in. But jeffcoat will improve things a lot. The rookies did not impress in his place at all. 

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

That surprises me.

I would tend to prioritize keeping Taylor where he is.

If you have a rookie hb or corner you can help them a lot of ways. Especially with kyrie and biggie. You can roll help around from lots of positions. If your safety can’t cover you can’t really do much about it other than splitting the field with him and still he will get picked on and make bad choices. 

Thompsons aggressiveness and toughness could be an asset as a primary teams guy still. But he does not look like a db in this league. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

basically so is Thompson....and it's hard to really pick on a safety unless he was somewhat clueless and was biting on run support or being suckered away to somewhere else and leaving the deep midle and over the top support vacant...which happened....so cant be worse with Rene...and Rene has more speed to recover

Oh I know. I've been questioning the Thompson move since preseason. He's just a step too slow. Maybe Rene have the speed, but I'd still prefer a vet.

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

It sounds like Jeffcoat will be ready to go.  As for the newcomers, I thought Wilcots ll was more effective than L.B. Mack lll.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/06/14/jackson-jeffcoat-june-14-2022/

Yeah once Jeffcoat is back we should be fine, with one of  the rooks rotating in,  and dependent on how we structure the roster, an interior with Jake/Sayles/Lawson and Walker or whomever the other dline guy will be it should be just fine.

Same with secondary, Rose in interview said he was trying to much and forcing plays trying to make the INT...and should have just let play come to him...he will be fine, and Glass was fine as well...got beat on a deep corner, but was a great throw, and guys get beat...its gonna happen....they clean up the safety play and things will look way different. The LB's were great and will get better and had no issues in their play....so this second game should be the better...true barometer of how things are...heck we sucked and gave up only 17 points....only 6 in second half....

20 minutes ago, Booch said:

Same with secondary, Rose in interview said he was trying to much and forcing plays trying to make the INT...and should have just let play come to him...he will be fine, and Glass was fine as well...got beat on a deep corner, but was a great throw, and guys get beat...its gonna happen....they clean up the safety play and things will look way different. 

For all the hand-wringing about the backfield, it's pretty fair to say that Masoli was dialed in.  It's pretty impossible to defend perfect throws (although I admit some receivers got so open, they didn't need to be perfect).

4 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

For all the hand-wringing about the backfield, it's pretty fair to say that Masoli was dialed in.  It's pretty impossible to defend perfect throws (although I admit some receivers got so open, they didn't need to be perfect).

True but he had way too long to throw. He was un bothered on most of his deep balls. 

masoli was certainly very good and is generally a guy whose hard to disturb with pressure. 

5 hours ago, Stickem said:

Nervous nellie's here.....Funny how everyone 'assumes' Collaros has gone down the 'concuss' road even when the smell of another qb. hitting the roster is hinted......Don't think we shouldn't be concerned but reaching for the panic button is a little over the top.......

Until Collaros ends up on the injured report. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Yeah once Jeffcoat is back we should be fine, with one of  the rooks rotating in,  and dependent on how we structure the roster, an interior with Jake/Sayles/Lawson and Walker or whomever the other dline guy will be it should be just fine.

Same with secondary, Rose in interview said he was trying to much and forcing plays trying to make the INT...and should have just let play come to him...he will be fine, and Glass was fine as well...got beat on a deep corner, but was a great throw, and guys get beat...its gonna happen....they clean up the safety play and things will look way different. The LB's were great and will get better and had no issues in their play....so this second game should be the better...true barometer of how things are...heck we sucked and gave up only 17 points....only 6 in second half....

The deep corner in the endzone that beat Glass was a perfect throw.  Glass didn't leave a big window for that route either - ball comes any later/higher and glass gets to make a play on it, any sooner and the receiver would have a hell of a time catching inbounds.

6 minutes ago, BomberfanMKS said:

The deep corner in the endzone that beat Glass was a perfect throw.  Glass didn't leave a big window for that route either - ball comes any later/higher and glass gets to make a play on it, any sooner and the receiver would have a hell of a time catching inbounds.

EXACTLY....And his PI call where he got the interception too was pretty weak call...he was just fine in his first game with a new group.....and the fact he is a league veteran who knows most of the players, and seen most of the schemes/routes etc....will basically eliminate any rookie errors that a new guy would make, and allow him to play fast and not have to think of things...will be mostly instinctive and reactive....which is huge