TSN's Panel & Crew

BigBlue

13 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Bottom line is you don't blame your teammates when you lose because next time it could be your fault. Which is what happened.

I did not see or hear a single word or intonation of blame including his post game interview on TSN later on Sports Center. He was putting the whole burden on himself (even in spite of the bad bounces).

I just see a courageous person who is not brushing it off or making excuses.  He is not a sissy - he is real. He will double down and bounce back. If anything he is trying too hard; he just has to work through it. A maturing process you know.

22 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

I did not see or hear a single word or intonation of blame including his post game interview on TSN later on Sports Center. He was putting the whole burden on himself (even in spite of the bad bounces).

I just see a courageous person who is not brushing it off or making excuses.  He is not a sissy - he is real. He will double down and bounce back. If anything he is trying too hard; he just has to work through it. A maturing process you know.

Everyone handles things differently. For some, the pressure of doing it at the pro level is too much. No shame in that. None at all. 

15 hours ago, BigBlue said:

The Post Game coverage of Dane Evans was very touching for me ... watching him alone on the bench with head hung low when all his team mates had left, and then watching Arbuckle encouraging him in very real concern had a big effect on me ! Even with Arbuckle there Evans could not raise his head.

"A scrambling Evans had the pigskin punched from his arms by safety Scott Hutter and corner Jalen Collins scooped it up for the winning score. After failing to create a successful response, a clearly emotional Evans had to be consoled on the sidelines by Elks’ backup quarterback Nick Arbuckle — who lost his own starting job last week" (3DownNation).

I think TSN did good focusing on this real life story. Heroes are human and it helps us to know that.

Keeping Evans over Masoli is going to end up being a colossal mistake for Hamilton if it isnt already. Not sure what they saw in Evans to make that decision either. He's looked like dogshit in back-to-back Grey Cups and has picked up right where he left off this year. Its going to cost Steinhauer his job. Masoli on the other hand looked great in last years Grey Cup, very nearly winning it,  and has been terrific so far this season.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

19 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Keeping Evans over Masoli is going to end up being a colossal mistake for Hamilton if it isnt already. Not sure what they saw in Evans to make that decision either. He's looked like dogshit in back-to-back Grey Cups and has picked up right where he left off this year. Its going to cost Steinhauer his job. Masoli on the other hand looked great in last years Grey Cup, very nearly winning it,  and has been terrific so far this season.

......and is sitting at 0-3, one loss less than Evans.  One win and the Ti-Cats are tied for 1st in the East!

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Keeping Evans over Masoli is going to end up being a colossal mistake for Hamilton 

Discussed this over the weekend...... Masoli on his own isn't the answer, either. It's the combo of the two that equaled success for the Tabbies. 

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Discussed this over the weekend...... Masoli on his own isn't the answer, either. It's the combo of the two that equaled success for the Tabbies. 

Week before, Masoli sucked and Evans saved the Ticats. It's like they need each other. 

2 hours ago, BigBlue said:

You haven't been watching Evans the last 2 seasons. He's impatient, Gets frustrated easily on the field. Gestures negatively to his teammates when he thinks they screwed up. Evans isn't courageous or some kind of hero. He's just another player who can't handle the pressure of his position. If he can't handle things thjen maybe he needs to do something else. Like I said, if that had been Cody Fajardo crying on the field being consoled by Nick Arbuckle, the chortles of laughter from here would have been deafening. 

43 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You haven't been watching Evans the last 2 seasons. He's impatient, Gets frustrated easily on the field. Gestures negatively to his teammates when he thinks they screwed up. Evans isn't courageous or some kind of hero. He's just another player who can't handle the pressure of his position. If he can't handle things thjen maybe he needs to do something else. Like I said, if that had been Cody Fajardo crying on the field being consoled by Nick Arbuckle, the chortles of laughter from here would have been deafening. 

giphy.gif

Man, how sad was TSN when the Argos lost? Rod Smith & Duane Forde were almost whispering at the end there after that missed convert. Matty looked sad & talked quiet. Milt I think was happy. Sanchez looked surprised. Bierness, who knows?? Seeing Forde in shock was worth it for me as he hates Winnipeg at the best of times.

Funniest moment for me was when Matty described what it was like having to cut players as a GM in Calgary. He turns to davis Sanchez & said he was on both ends as a player (feeling unappreciated by his former teams who did trade him) & then had to cut players himself as Stamps GM.... Anyway, he said to Sanchez. "I had to cut YOU!!" Sanchez just looked at him & said, "Matt, you traded me!"  Didn't even phase Dunigan who then said (almost) enthusiastically, "We couldn't afford you!" Lol.

1 hour ago, BigBlue said:

I enjoyed watching Dunnigan run his BBQ on Canada Day

I thought it was classy and mad me hungry for it

I actually warmed up to TSN for its efforts here

I thought Matt was a natural when he did that one season of a BBQ / cooking tv show.   

Masoli "is a player too" ... "something needs to be done"

The TSN Panel did very well to condemn and judge Marino for his intent to injure. They noted his history and his overt celebration of his destruction of Masoli. They said he needs to be suspended for at least 3 games.

They pointed out the CFLPA needs to focus on more than protecting the aggressor; they need to hone in on protecting potential future victims and the need for clean play. That means security for not only the player but also for his family. Such policy would make the game more enjoyable for both players and fans alike.

There is nothing more egregious than  going after a team's pivot.

I love listening to Matt Dunigun as a colour man.. My fovourite: "BAM!!!"

And then he followed up with a wry comment suitable for life in the trenches.

In the post game: "He lost his legs... he was just gassed" speaking of real life on the field. He was talking about Augudosi who was being hailed as a star in Captain Obvious fashion.

I like Matt Dunigan doing colour. He's a character, enthusiastic and as others have said its a bit like watching the game with your uncle who has had a few beers. Much better than Suitor's Rider homerism, getting stuck on one or two points or repeating interpretations of rules that are untrue. I would love for TSN to find their version of Romo for the telecasts.

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

I like Matt Dunigan doing colour. He's a character, enthusiastic and as others have said its a bit like watching the game with your uncle who has had a few beers. Much better than Suitor's Rider homerism, getting stuck on one or two points or repeating interpretations of rules that are untrue. I would love for TSN to find their version of Romo for the telecasts.

It’s funny that the same criticisms that people have of Suitor (or Rod Black) that they harp on over and over could just as easily be applied to Dunigan if people chose to watch with the same “let’s pick apart everything he says and spin it to the negative” eye.