TSN's Panel & Crew

BigBlue

"For my money, Dustin Nielsen and Duane Forde are TSN’s best play-by-play crew. Their mix of enthusiasm, passion for the Canadian game and ability to know when to let the play and crowd reaction speak for itself is second to none." (3DownNation)

TSN media staff appears to be relatively the same as last year. Are you happy about that?

Personally, I know that announcers and commentators are going to be noticeably similar to Captain Obvious and I do not think that can be changed much. I like Steagall's courage to speak his mind. The rest of the panel seems scripted with talking points. Sharp criticism is seldom seen.

But I am happy. Rod Black is gone and that's all that matters on this topic. I am even able to put up with "homer" Glenn Suiter. I thought he was rather restrained during the Regina game. He seldom foamed at the mouth AND he did not harp on  just one player's hilites all game. So growth is possible even in the face of entrenched personality.

Your thoughts on the TSN crew?

I have never cared one way or the other for the panel. They all come across as having no clue tho, the panel got worse when Chris Schultz died tho but really, do people even watch the panel at half? Not this guy. Only once or twice a season, I'll watch the pre game but at half time? Nah I'd rather take a crap. Suitor sucks, always has and always will. 

Edited by Goalie

I watch the panel. I like Dunigan, not thrilled with Sanchez & Milt is Milt. I don't like Bierness. She tries too hard to be one of the Boys. With her, it's (so called) comedy first & content second. She can't keep the others on track. Yes, the panel was better with Chris Schultz. He & Matty would have some serious discussions & the panel was better for it.

Suitor & Nielsen together is dreadful. Suits just goes on & on... With Rod Smith, he's better as Smith doesn't let him go off on tangents as much as Nielsen does. TSN's total man love for Simoni Lawrence is ridiculous. They keep propping the guy up like he can't help himself when it comes to deliberately injuring opponents.

I'm beginning to not like Duane Forde. His blatant cheering for the RedBlacks last game & his "C'mon, let them play football" when it comes to questionable hits is getting tiring. No Duane, the new rules say hits to the head isn't football anymore. 

Dunnigan has always been good...I also like Sanchez....not sure why all the hate here....he actually says it as it is and brings perspectives how things actually are...sometimes he stumbles a bit, but he is learning as he goes

Beirness yeah, try's too hard to be something she isn't, and the panel moderator isnt a platform for comedy schtick...or attempts at it....I would like to see Brodie Lawson do either friday night or thursday night as the host....letting her go was the stupidest thing they have done...She was a perfect avenue to bring in new viewers and her content was really good

I liked the panel this week. Thought it was well done. And I've been a pretty critical of them in the past. But they didn't do any of the dumb tacky **** this week.

Suitor is still hands down the worst. At times I had to wonder what game he was watching. I'm not a big fan of Neilson either but at least he is still growing into the job. Suitor has no excuses for being as bad as he is. It's amazing TSN still has him doing games. 

I don’t expect much from the panel. Half the time or more i mute it or walk away. Lots of the time we don’t get either a pre game show or post game show and I generally listen to those on ob instead. 
 I can tolerate pretty much any combination with out suitor. Suitor on mine bomber and none rider games that don’t effect the riders in the standings is ok ish. Other wise it’s awful. 

I mute the panel virtually every time... don't have any time for that. Any time I HAVE listened/watched, Milt is just too much for me. He's so intense and is talking over everyone to make sure his point gets across. I understand it's a character he's expected to play, but it's too much for me. As mentioned, Dunigan is fantastic and always has been.

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I mute the panel virtually every time... don't have any time for that. Any time I HAVE listened/watched, Milt is just too much for me. He's so intense and is talking over everyone to make sure his point gets across. I understand it's a character he's expected to play, but it's too much for me. As mentioned, Dunigan is fantastic and always has been.

The talking over everyone gets out of hand. Someone needs to sit them down and review their tape and get them to consider if the viewer can hear anything they're saying at times. 

I have always loved watching the panel, but it's not what it once was.

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'm beginning to not like Duane Forde. His blatant cheering for the RedBlacks last game & his "C'mon, let them play football" when it comes to questionable hits is getting tiring. No Duane, the new rules say hits to the head isn't football anymore. 

That. I have to admit though,havent noticed in years past ,that he's that obvious. Sanchez is an arrogant arse IMO. Sorry Booch ,agree with you 99.9 percent of the time :)

1. I wish Tsn would make full game replays available.

guess somehow they think that would cost them some subscriptions.

probably about 11 seconds to actually do it.

2. their ios app is a bit quirky.

3. suitor and sideshow nielsen  are annoying, but thats easy to deal with. Mute.

other than that, glad to have reliable cfl games for twenty bucks a month. Good deal.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

1. I wish Tsn would make full game replays available.

guess somehow they think that would cost them some subscriptions.

probably about 11 seconds to actually do it.

2. their ios app is a bit quirky.

3. suitor and sideshow nielsen  are annoying, but thats easy to deal with. Mute.

other than that, glad to have reliable cfl games for twenty bucks a month. Good deal.

If you have TSN Direct , they do have full game replays available on TSN on Demand. 

I like Kate. She makes me laugh. She's not there for her football knowledge.

I like Dun-in-again, altho his new fashion Santa look makes me roll my eyes. I think of him as Canada's Bradshaw.

One of Sanchez or Milt would be better than both and I'd choose Chazz.

8zo26zx9y4r31.jpg

45 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I like Kate. She makes me laugh. She's not there for her football knowledge.

I like Dun-in-again, altho his new fashion Santa look makes me roll my eyes. I think of him as Canada's Bradshaw.

One of Sanchez or Milt would be better than both and I'd choose Chazz.

8zo26zx9y4r31.jpg

None of that group can hold a candle to the absolute best John Madden. Suitor is on this “he has to get his hips turned around to move on” schtick. Just repeated goofiness.
Somewhere in my noggin Sanchez was a dirty player. That clouds my opinion of him. Matt, he’s a treat. Milt, he’s ok, but slightly over animated. Kate, curvaceous, toned physicality. I’d like to gently stroke her hair.

Edited by Rod Black

Chazz yup...played on the edge and was an irritant...and yes at times took liberties....but so did I so guess thats why I like him....that being said he is knowledgeable and calls it for what it is....he just needs more polish

I still think if the CFL had its crap together they would do a weekly Walby/Dunnigan weekly show and have Brody part of it as well....

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I still think if the CFL had its crap together they would do a weekly Walby/Dunnigan weekly show and have Brody part of it as well....

Yep. Walby's colour was THE BEST when he worked for CBC

2 hours ago, Rod Black said:

None of that group can hold a candle to the absolute best John Madden. Suitor is on this “he has to get his hips turned around to move on” schtick. Just repeated goofiness.
Somewhere in my noggin Sanchez was a dirty player. That clouds my opinion of him. Matt, he’s a treat. Milt, he’s ok, but slightly over animated. Kate, curvaceous, toned physicality. I’d like to gently stroke her hair.

Absolute gold - and somewhat insane in addition.

11 hours ago, camper_2 said:

It what it is, just be happy we are seeing CFL football, everyone!!!!

So, don't critique TSN because they show the games? Now what fun is that?? What if the panel were 3 chimps eating bananas? They're not above criticism or accolades. Discussing TSN on air talking heads in the studio or booth is okay. 

5 hours ago, Rod Black said:

You sound like a New Age mMan who'd drink champagne & not beer out of her shoes. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27