Rudders and Cats

Booch

14 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Depends how much it costs.  Don't think they are playing free concerts.  Looked up their net revenue from last arena tour and it's about half a million take for a concert for them.

If they sell 10,000 extra tickets and this cost them $100,000 it would be worth it.  If it cost much more than that they'll be losing money on it.  Guess hoping that people stick around for the game?

I dont think it's just about that though. I'd imagine, your hope is you get new people out to the game - and hope these new folks enjoy the game and enjoy the team. I'd say the manner in which BC won last night was every bit as important. Get those new folks to want to come to more games - even if it was the concert that brought them there initially. May the overall profit for last night be slim? Sure. But maybe you've gained a few thousand or so fans from your on field display last night that they'll want to keep on coming back. That's where the big picture is, IMO.

I just watched both games this morning. 

Fajardo wasn't anything special,  I'm not sure why that Rider fan is so excited.  He's able to throw a 20 - 25 crosser between the hash marks but his deep passes on the sidelines... OOF very floaty.    Also Hamilton seemed to not have the ability to contain,  Fajardo kept doing the same spin move that he's done for years.    Overall Riders looked decent but I wouldn't be proclaiming them as elite.  

Hamilton... Evans looked like a deer in headlights.  I was going to call him  Dane Nichols with how long he was holding that ball.  Also questionable play calling by them... if he couldn't handle the pressure why isn't he doing quick hitters up the middle to supress the rush?   Evans really didn't handle the pressure well at all. 

2nd Game -   

Man that was beautiful to watch,   Chris Jones being absolutely humiliated is by far my favorite part of this week in the CFL.   Just awful all around by the Elks and BC looked really sharp and really dangerous with all those weapons on offense.   

5 hours ago, Booch said:

Cause they a class 1 turd organization..and Dickie is just clueless... Hamilton tho...looks like **** and Evans better nut up or they going nowhere fast 

Evans was showing similar frustrations that he did against us in the 19 Grey Cup. Not a good look by a supposed team leader. That being said, is Chris Van Ziel the most overrated offensive tackle in the CFL.

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

Just watched the highlights from the Elks/Lions games…. I have a suggestion for Chris Jones… maybe try starting defensive players that know how to tackle?

They sure missed Duron Carter. NOT. Anyone else see Kenny Lawler melting down on the sidelines? First game & he already misses us. Well, he can go sightseeing in Edmonton today. 

4 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Suits was talking in game one about Van Zyl and Hughes being two of the best all time at their respective positions. Hughes, sure but he was talking like Van Zyl was the greatest tackle of all time ignoring Bryant.

Suitor should go back & watch the games he did back in the 90's when he first started with TSN. He just described the play. Then shut up & let the pbp announcer take it the rest of the way. He actually wasn't too bad compared to what he's like now. he thinks HE is the broadcast. He's better with Rod Smith as he's a veteran announcer but with Dustin Neilson he has free reign to say anything.

On 2022-06-12 at 12:59 PM, rebusrankin said:

Suits was talking in game one about Van Zyl and Hughes being two of the best all time at their respective positions. Hughes, sure but he was talking like Van Zyl was the greatest tackle of all time ignoring Bryant.

In fairness, when he says "one of the best of all time" that doesn't necessarily mean "the best" or top two... I would argue top ten all-time would be considered "one of the best ever".... I don't know enough about O-linemen to know who exactly would be considered top 10 of all time but maybe Van Zyl is in that conversation?

On 2022-06-12 at 12:09 PM, Mr. Perfect said:

I dont think it's just about that though. I'd imagine, your hope is you get new people out to the game - and hope these new folks enjoy the game and enjoy the team. I'd say the manner in which BC won last night was every bit as important. Get those new folks to want to come to more games - even if it was the concert that brought them there initially. May the overall profit for last night be slim? Sure. But maybe you've gained a few thousand or so fans from your on field display last night that they'll want to keep on coming back. That's where the big picture is, IMO.

the manner in which they won is absolutely HUGE. Especially for the young kids in the crowd. They don't quite understand the ins and outs of football...but they absolutely understand TDs! BC hit a grand slam in basically every possible way last week.