Rudders and Cats

Booch

Going out on a limb here - Lions will be #1 in the power rankings this week. Elks will be #13 (behind whichever fantasy team had James Butler this week at #2, the other CFL teams at 3 through 9, the Tampa Bay Lightning pick-up football team at #10, the TSN panel of Beirness, Stegall, Dunigan, Sanchez, and whatever camera persons can fill out a starting dozen at #11, and the Saskatchewan goalpost at #12. 

30 minutes ago, Booch said:

Maybe he sulks and has an attitude and Jones cuts him and that big fat contract...woukdnt be a huge hit to cap as he got nothing upfront

He got nothing up front but apparently he got $128k paid out by making the team according to Hodge.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Same with Williams...edge? He's a dirty piece of turd too who yaps and yaps...spits...eye gouges.... loser 

I just find those Rider receivers so unlikeable. Especially Williams. Evans is a player with a short fuse. 

Love seeing Chris Jones get a **** kicking. 

You can just see Kenny on the sidelines fuming.....He was most likely thinking...'I went from a Cup winner to this dung hole'.....He most likely will shrink into a loser funk and just collect his cheque....all the while just going through the motions......What a BIG mistake Lawler made.....unless he's not in it to win it ....just pay me and play me  ......    whatever.....Lions made them look like a welllll, let's see........ a Jones coached team

9 hours ago, johnzo said:

if Rourke turns out to be one of those flash-in-the-pan QBs who disappear as soon as there's film on him...

then man, that was one hell of a flash.

It’ll be interesting to see how much is him playing well and how much is the elks sucking. I didn’t watch the game yet but it seems like the elk could be this years 2021 redblacks. 

funny like guys like Simoni get endless excuses but jeffcoat doesn’t get any benefit of the doubt. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

It’ll be interesting to see how much is him playing well and how much is the elks sucking. I didn’t watch the game yet but it seems like the elk could be this years 2021 redblacks. 

funny like guys like Simoni get endless excuses but jeffcoat doesn’t get any benefit of the doubt. 

I think the Elks are this years 2021 Elks..

39 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

It’ll be interesting to see how much is him playing well and how much is the elks sucking

That's what I am thinking. There are lots of qbs can look like world beaters when they aren't facing any kind of challenge defensively.  No pressure from Edmonton,  they couldn't contain the BC running game, couldn't cover receivers... like that was jim Daley 05 levels of defence bad from Edmonton.

Yeah Lawlwer is a one yr deal..and yeah he didn't look happy on sidelines and players were trying to console him.

He is in a wayy diff culture and environment there... interesting to see how it affects his play and effort...he didn't seem to engaged in downfield blocking like he was here...

Be interesting after a couple weeks of play as to where all teams sit...Are the Elks that bad that it made BC look like world beaters? ....also are the cats really regressed as they looked like crap...Riders have a good linbacking group..but the back end is suspect...and that oline isn't gonna control LOS in many games...and Faj is not a great QB...mist his deeper throws were off the mark...just like last 3 yrs and took great catches by recievers to make em...that's a recipe to get them hurt as well as they were exposd for huge hits and it gonna bite em in the ass sooner or later....and zero run game ...ours was no better but we know our 2 guys can get it done at least as they have shown it ..and we have the best oline

Cgy is gonna be tough I think....and if BLM is out prob beat thing for them...they have weapons...and their defense is more than capable....west gonna be interesting for sure