Redblacks at Back2Back Champs GDT

Nolby

-Lots to clean up but it's expected as it's the first game

-Masoli and Ottawa will be a tougher matchup for anyone this year

-Masoli is better than Evans but Evans is better in the age department

- I'd prefer we start Augustine over Oliviera

- Rose got torched bad,again first game, he'll review footage and come back stronger

-Legghio a very solid punter but that convert almost burried us

We do not have that burner on offense to stretch the defense,i would like to see Augustine and Oliviera at the same time so the defense can't focus on one back. We were missing Stove and JJ push but that is a work in progress. I trust the Cdn mafia to get this worked out eventually...

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Against Masoli as well wasn't it? That guy has given the Bombers tough games the last little while for whatever reason. 

Classic Lapo game though.  Just good enough to barely lose. That clock management at the end of the first half was LOL.

Yeah...a Lapo classic...and yeah he really needs a kick in the onions for brutal clock management..shades of us yrs ago for sure

37 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah...a Lapo classic...and yeah he really needs a kick in the onions for brutal clock management..shades of us yrs ago for sure

I may have misheard here,were you guys in 126 last night and wanted to move over to the east because the west side sucks?lol

33 minutes ago, Nolby said:

I may have misheard here,were you guys in 126 last night and wanted to move over to the east because the west side sucks?lol

When rider fans come to the games they always are on the west side.  Better fit for them.

At least suitor is annoying.
ford is really good remedy for insomnia.  Awful.

on the other hand, ob post game was great, lots of energy.

Edited by Mark F

29 minutes ago, JCon said:

Everyone, including the Bombers, want to be on the westside. #ForTheWestside

Oops,I must correct this. We were on the west side but they wanted to move over to a different section,it sounded like the beer and shots tasted better on the east side,me and the wifey were laughing as it sounded like a priority haha

16 hours ago, Tracker said:

Give him and the Hogs time. Oliviera doesn't lean into the run like 33 did, so he gets stopped quicker.

I thought that Oliviera would be better than what he showed last night. Slowing down to search for a hole and then trying to accelerate was not working. I get the limited reps that the starters had together in the exhibition season, but our running game needs to be better.

14 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Who? No one cares. TSN is the host broadcaster of the CFL & they really treat the league like crap. 

Part of the problem is a lack of pressure on Massoli. Or he was able to get away to throw the ball. Rose really struggled. 

No way TSN should be breaking away from a CFL game to cover the NBA. Just my opinion.

Wondering if the lack of pressure on Massoli could be us missing Jeffcoat. Lot easier for them to deal with Willy when Jeffcoat isn't there.

6 minutes ago, ddanger said:

I thought that Oliviera would be better than what he showed last night. Slowing down to search for a hole and then trying to accelerate was not working. I get the limited reps that the starters had together in the exhibition season, but our running game needs to be better.

From his foot and hip movement it looks like Brady has a hard-time changing direction, he's basically a straight ahead plough-horse.  He's light years behind Harris in technique at this point.

13 hours ago, Booch said:

That's what good teams do...or find way to win when they clearly were second best on the night

Offence seemed out of sync for periods of time...I gonna chalk that up to starters real first game all together

I think Johnny needs to be feature back..and Brady as the change of pace guy to start the season.

Rose was bad....shitt happens...I'm sure just an anomaly but can't get BA back soon enough...Rutledge gonna be a stud...for first game showed really well.

Wilson is a stud...so underated but can say prob best WIL in the league

When Jeffcoat is back...we will be just fine...

Schoen is gonna be really good...just wait till he has more games under his belt...Ellingson as advertised too

I bet next week is a totally diff game and result...and we coast to a win..u know our vets are not impressed with how they played

Man you've basically summed up my thoughts on the game. I liked our young safety all through pre-season, and I still like him. But it's different when the games matter. 

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Against Masoli as well wasn't it? That guy has given the Bombers tough games the last little while for whatever reason. 

Classic Lapo game though.  Just good enough to barely lose. That clock management at the end of the first half was LOL.

section 232 was doing lots of LOL'ing at the half when they ran outta time. Incredibly poor clock management.

3 hours ago, the watcher said:

The Bombers looked rusty and the thought has to cross your mind , "  should they have played the vets in the preseason more ? " BUT on the other hand ,how important were those games for Dru Brown ? Did that confidence he showed in that drive to win the game come from his time in preseason ? Bottom line is we racked up a win

Agreed. Brown looked confident and played confidently. Gotta have a #2 that can play, and I think we got one!

4 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Can you give a penalty for the defender whose helmet hit Zac in the head?

I would. 

4 minutes ago, coach17 said:

Pretty wicked elbow to the head first from what I saw caused the head to snap back then his head hit the turf hard. If that is not a penalty I don't know what is.

Yup.