Als v stamps

Mark F

9 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

They are a huge part though. McMahon is a dump but they won't do anything about that until a new hockey arena is built so combine the crappy venue with high ticket prices and no marketing you get what is happening.

I honestly don’t like using a bad facility as an excuse. We still got good crowds to cannad inns after a lot of years of bad to mediocre teams in the 2000’s, Calgary has always had a squad that’s a contender it’s really no excuse go support your team! 

Edited by Arnold_Palmer

3 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I honestly don’t like using a bad facility as an excuse. We still got good crowds to cannad inns after a lot of years of had to mediocre teams in the 2000’s, Calgary has always had a squad that’s a contender it’s really no excuse go support your team! 

McMahon is worse than Canadinns was in my opinion.

3 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I honestly don’t like using a bad facility as an excuse. We still got good crowds to cannad inns after a lot of years of bad to mediocre teams in the 2000’s, Calgary has always had a squad that’s a contender it’s really no excuse go support your team! 

You have to live here to understand it. What 17to85 says is true. Sometime in the last decade, people here decided they were a big league city with the CFL being an afterthought. It's all about the Flames.

People here have Seattle Seahawks season tickets like my orthpedic surgeon, for example. I know 3 others that go to Seahawks games but not Stamps. Both Westjet & Alaska Airlines have direct flights to Seattle & it takes an hour to get there.

Then we have an old stadium which is a dump & it's truly a big deal. People don't want to go. Throw in sky high ticket & concession prices as well as disinterested ownership & you get 21,000. More like 15,000 though.