2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

Great move for BLM,  Hamilton is a contender and has an actual O-line.    I'm assuming Evans is gone since Shiltz basically outplayed him on a smaller salary.     

Why would Evans go to Ottawa?  Don't they already have Masoli and Arbuckle?   

For Evans it's starter salary in Saskatchewan or taking a pay cut to be a back up in Edmonton or Calgary.

As for Fajardo... imagine if he signs as a 3rd stringer in Winnipeg next season and wins a cup... how mental will Rider nation be if that happened :P 

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Faj isn't FIFO. No chance he ends up here under this regime. 

Look at Willie Jefferson. Four years ago he was all about himself on the field & Bomber fans hated him. Now he's embraced the Bombers, his teammates, the City of Winnipeg & the fans. He's totally bought into FIFO. Fajardo wants to win so to play here he'd buy in. 

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

We already have a RB.

Pass on CoFaj - why are we even discussing this? Dru Brown is the guy 

Not convinced, Yet to show he's capable of leading this team if need be. He's still a kid. 

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Great move for BLM,  Hamilton is a contender and has an actual O-line.    I'm assuming Evans is gone since Shiltz basically outplayed him on a smaller salary.     

Why would Evans go to Ottawa?  Don't they already have Masoli and Arbuckle?   

For Evans it's starter salary in Saskatchewan or taking a pay cut to be a back up in Edmonton or Calgary.

As for Fajardo... imagine if he signs as a 3rd stringer in Winnipeg next season and wins a cup... how mental will Rider nation be if that happened :P 

I love Noeller's reaction to this post. Like suddenly this is the Twilight Zone. Lol. 

10 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Came in and drove the field for a game winning drive in Ottawa. That was gutsy. 

Okay. And??? If that's his resume to be our long term starter if Collaros ever does suffer a serious injury, what say you then? We're in good hands because of one drive? I say we really should have a veteran who can go in & at least give us a chance to win if needed. The third string qb should be the developmental guy. What is the difference between Brown & Prukop right now? I'd say not a whole lot.

13 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Okay. And??? If that's his resume to be our long term starter if Collaros ever does suffer a serious injury, what say you then? We're in good hands because of one drive? I say we really should have a veteran who can go in & at least give us a chance to win if needed. The third string qb should be the developmental guy. What is the difference between Brown & Prukop right now? I'd say not a whole lot.

He played well against BC as well. Whether or not hes a starting QB in this league that remains to be seen but he has good intangibles, fairly mobile in the pocket, and unlike a guy like Farjardo he has the arm strength to make those tough throws. Don’t know what else you want out of your back up. He came in to win us the game in a pinch, and put up a 300 yard passing game against the second best team and defence in the league. 

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

It's not whether Faj would come to Wpg, it's that Wpg has no use for Faj. How can you compare him to Willie?? Willie was a DMOP All Star player. Faj is a career 3rd stringer cosplaying a starter.... 

Well, we don't know what O'Shea thinks of CoFaj. As well, with a different culture & coaching staff he could do very well here. Besides, he would be a backup to Collaros & not a starter. I remember when John Hufnagel was traded by the Riders here for rookie Bomber qb Nicki Hall  just a couple of weeks after Murphy traded for Tom Clements. People felt that Huff was washed up as well but he & Clements were dynamite as a qb tandem for us. I'm sure Huff didn't want to play second fiddle to Clements & he had to take a paycut to play here. However, he knew he was coming to a winning team similar in culture to what we have now. He had to buy in 100% to Cal Murphy's version of FIFO or he'd be gone. Huff played for years on some bad Stamps & Rider teams. He came here & won a Grey Cup. I don't think he ever regretted it. 

Just now, Arnold_Palmer said:

He played well against BC as well. Whether or not hes a starting QB in this league that remains to be seen but he has good intangibles, fairly mobile in the pocket, and unlike a guy like Farjardo he has the arm strength to make those tough throws. Don’t know what else you want out of your back up. He came in to win us the game in a pinch, and put up a 300 yard passing game against the second best team and defence in the league. 

I guess I have to see a guy who does well whenever he comes in. Like rookies in the past. Dickenson, Garcia, Rourke. Collaros, Mitchell, Dunigan, Clements, Allen, Ham & others. They were different. They made mistakes but didn't struggle as much like other rookies. They seemed to "get it" as far as the 3 down game goes while other rookies didn't. They made the most of their chances & from watching them we knew they'd be the next generation of qb stars. They just seemed to grasp the game faster than others who failed & then made plays like veteran qbs with more experience.

That's what I want to see. Dru Brown standing out as a qb like the other guys did. Not just one game or a single drive but whenever he gets the chance. We haven't seen enough to annoint him The Next One like you think he is. I hope Brown's feet are frozen firmly to the ground on the sidelines for the entire game on Sunday & Collaros plays. That is, unless we're up by three scores with under a minute to play & he finishes the game handing off to Oliveira. 

I know I'll get slammed for this post about Brown but my observations comes from watching young qbs come & go since 1965. Always wondering why some guys made it & others didn't. Some qbs that were extremely talented & were supposed to be a "sure thing" were a disappointing flop. Others with far less tools in their toolbox became successful CFL qbs. 

7 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I guess I have to see a guy who does well whenever he comes in. Like rookies in the past. Dickenson, Garcia, Rourke. Collaros, Mitchell, Dunigan, Clements, Allen, Ham & others. They were different. They made mistakes but didn't struggle as much like other rookies. They seemed to "get it" as far as the 3 down game goes while other rookies didn't. They made the most of their chances & from watching them we knew they'd be the next generation of qb stars. They just seemed to grasp the game faster than others who failed & then made plays like veteran qbs with more experience.

That's what I want to see. Dru Brown standing out as a qb like the other guys did. Not just one game or a single drive but whenever he gets the chance. We haven't seen enough to annoint him The Next One like you think he is. I hope Brown's feet are frozen firmly to the ground on the sidelines for the entire game on Sunday & Collaros plays. That is, unless we're up by three scores with under a minute to play & he finishes the game handing off to Oliveira. 

I know I'll get slammed for this post about Brown but my observations comes from watching young qbs come & go since 1965. Always wondering why some guys made it & others didn't. Some qbs that were extremely talented & were supposed to be a "sure thing" were a disappointing flop. Others with far less tools in their toolbox became successful CFL qbs. 

I never said he was the next one. In my other post you can see clearly I’m not even sure he’s a starter in this league, however as a back up quarterback he’s done everything that’s been asked for him. You just named some of the best quarterbacks in CFL history. If the standards are is he going to be an all time great based on what I’ve seen I would say no probably not, but he’s a good back up QB who got the job done in the limited opportunities that he’s had. 

22 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I never said he was the next one. In my other post you can see clearly I’m not even sure he’s a starter in this league, however as a back up quarterback he’s done everything that’s been asked for him. You just named some of the best quarterbacks in CFL history. If the standards are is he going to be an all time great based on what I’ve seen I would say no probably not, but he’s a good back up QB who got the job done in the limited opportunities that he’s had. 

Okay, fair enough. I took your comment as "our guy" out of context. To me, a young backup qb is never "our guy". Until he proves himself, he's just a guy on the roster until he gets replaced by someone better. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Well, we don't know what O'Shea thinks of CoFaj. 

We know what attributes O'Shea values in players, just look at the common traits all the Bombers share... cofaj has none of that. 

Just look at the way the Bombers interview- sure there is a little bit of the "me" and "I" but it is always about the team. Look at cofaj's interviews in the last 5 months... 

cofaj is more FO than FI.

ALso... cofaj just sucks. Like, bad. 

I do appreciate what you are trying to say about the buy-in to the locker room culture, I just feel that cofaj is not a good fit.

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

This is no knock on Dru, he played well in the games he got to play in this year no question. But I think our Oline has a lot to do with that. I think most backups would have a fairly easy time back there. My fear for Brown going to Sask is he would get crushed behind that Oline and not look nearly as good. Sask really needs to fix that first and it’s not fixed in one off season.