2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

7 hours ago, Booch said:

yup....look at Claybrook

Claybrooks, yeah. I don't think I've ever seen a HC look so lost.... errr... forgot Tim Burke. Like Burke, he never came back to the CFL. I think that tells you something right there. The jump from a coordinator to HC is huge. I don't think those 2 guys had any idea what they were getting themselves into at the time. And just how bad of an experience they had. I think Claybrooks may now be coaching in the BCFC somewhere. 

7 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I thought Burke went to be DC somewhere and left due to his wife's health?

Now that you say, I think he signed on with Scott Milanovich in Toronto as DC & then resigned. I hope his wife was okay. The man suffered enough here. He didn't need any more bad things in his life. His wife having serious health issues is no joke. He never came back so no idea where he is now. Thanks for correcting me.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

7 hours ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

…or  Noel Thorpe. A few years ago, he was always being mentioned when HC jobs came up. 

Always a bridesmaid. Never a bride. However that saying goes, Get passed up so many times there must be a problem. I think he's a better candidate for HC than someone like Mark Killam.

On 2022-11-07 at 8:43 PM, Noeller said:

Mark Killam.... Not sure about that. He seems in demand but I have no idea why. 

I think Killam has been "the next one" in waiting for a while... correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he the interim HC when Dickenson was out with COVID earlier this year... I would assume he is in the mold of O'Shea... not an x's and o's guy but a leader and a culture builder... as long as he has good assistants... I don't see why he couldn't succeed as a HC

17 hours ago, Geebrr said:

https://3downnation.com/2022/11/10/former-receivers-coach-travis-moore-believes-riders-decision-not-to-re-sign-him-could-be-blessing-in-disguise/

I’ll move forward on that and sometimes, it’s a blessing in disguise. I’ll just leave it at that.”

😂

Sorrells also posted and later deleted the following tweets.

https://www.riderfans.com/forum/filedata/fetch?id=919241&d=1667749972

https://www.riderfans.com/forum/filedata/fetch?id=919242&d=1667749995

scapegoat by Thecosmicgoose on DeviantArt

Coward red stamp text on white - 44717422

https://archive.macleans.ca/index.php/article/1980/11/24/grey-cup-hangovers-and-a-man-called-twinkletoes

Didn't know where to post this and found it on the Riders forum. An old article from 1980 about how the Grey Cup got it’s festive nature with the Winnipeg connection. So well written thought it might have some relevance.

Just now, JCon said:

Bullet dodged, IMO. 

Maybe , but what do they do now? I think Evans is going to Ottawa- don’t see him having any interest in being a starter there. 

1 minute ago, greenrider55 said:

Dane Evans is just bald Fajardo I’m afraid…

2023 is going to suck regardless for the Riders so maybe it’s a moot point.

It’s moo - like a cow’s opinion.

I legitimately didn’t think trades were even allowed at this point in the year.

I hope this doesn’t change anything for Bo on TSN. Looking forward to his coverage.

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

After Bo's comments about his future there wasn't a chance in hell he was going to SSK.

To be fair, Hamilton’s situation isn’t much better. Unless they’re going all out for free agency.

Just now, greenrider55 said:

I hope this doesn’t change anything for Bo on TSN. Looking forward to his coverage.

There's no actual rule against it. But a general understanding that this week should be about the Grey Cup only.

1 minute ago, greenrider55 said:

To be fair, Hamilton’s situation isn’t much better. Unless they’re going all out for free agency.

I completely disagree. Hamiltons main problem was their QB situation and the constant turnovers. They have a decent enough Oline. And their Defense is as solid as they get. They also have a Coach that the players respect.

SSK will be in complete rebuild by the end of 2023.

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

There's no actual rule against it. But a general understanding that this week should be about the Grey Cup only.

Difference is, Hammie realized they needed to be aggressive if they wanted their man. 

Meanwhile, O’Day stands slack jawed at Mosaic, while the painters apply our logo to their end zone.