2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

46 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The big take away was the he was essentially saying he was done in Sask. 

And yes he was still pouting about it and that still makes him a puss. Entitled moron thought 2019 made him special and be doesn't like reality.

kind of vibe I get too...he see's writing on the wall, and was a subtle pro-active statement to say..hey...look at me someone...please...???

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I know the Rider hatred is automatic to be able to post here, but some of you are trying way too hard to spin this as sucky behaviour from Fajardo. Literally the first thing he says in the clip is “it’s not going to stop me from supporting the guys, grinding in workouts and watching film”. He backs it up at the 1:25 mark saying he’s there to help Fine any way he can. 

No "We", "us", "as a team". Mostly "I" and "We" statements. How "hard" and "difficult" it is for "Me" and "I"... Selfish as ****. 

Sorry- I listened to it knowing that he is a pretty open and honest interview... but man... never have I heard such a whiney suckfest uttered from a professional athlete. 

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

He stood up to the media, answered THEIR questions completely, professionally, and didn’t offer too many canned cliches while speaking honestly. He may be a lesser QB, but for a guy who just lost a job and then had to go and pretend he’s OK with that in front of the world, I didn’t see a whiner attitude or phony platitudes. Somewhat refreshing in the light of today’s cliche ridden athlete. I give him credit for that much. JMO. 

That seems to be the issue here with cofaj and dickie- honest to a fault- they need canned answers and to keep things in-house. 

I will say though, it was really unfair to paint cofaj with the vet day after a bye-week, he took a lot of unfair flak for that. I am happy he voiced his displeasure with how that **** was handled- rightly so. 

But all in all... never let him anywhere near this team...

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

24 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

No "We", "us", "as a team". Mostly "I" and "We" statements. How "hard" and "difficult" it is for "Me" and "I"... Selfish as ****. 

Sorry- I listened to it knowing that he is a pretty open and honest interview... but man... never have I heard such a whiney suckfest uttered from a professional athlete. 

That seems to be the issue here with cofaj and dickie- honest to a fault- they need canned answers and to keep things in-house. 

I will say though, it was really unfair to paint cofaj with the vet day after a bye-week, he took a lot of unfair flak for that. I am happy he voiced his displeasure with how that **** was handled- rightly so. 

But all in all... never let him anywhere near this team...

yeah...why the Riders made statement it was a vet day, and guys need rest at tis time and not necessarily reps when they a vet, then do a 180 and say Fine is playing cause they need a spark?...like wtf is going on there...don't know what kind of quality player would want to sign there, or continue to stay thee...joke organzation and looks good on that fanbase

18 hours ago, Noeller said:

For debate........ 

good, I love it... pump up BC... they're the team to beat... please, everyone sleep on the Bombers... I don't know how this is possible that the back-to-back champs with a 14-3 record are somehow being overlooked... but the media is desperate for a new champ and they'll do all they can to pump someone else up... and I love it

6 minutes ago, bearpants said:

good, I love it... pump up BC... they're the team to beat... please, everyone sleep on the Bombers... I don't know how this is possible that the back-to-back champs with a 14-3 record are somehow being overlooked... but the media is desperate for a new champ and they'll do all they can to pump someone else up... and I love it

Also the need to pump up shitty markets. 

27 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Didn't you see? BC beat the bombers last week. They're now the best team in the league and the Bombers had better be worried!

JC Abbott in 3DN said Rourke is the “head and shoulders above” as the best QB in the league and his return creates a shift in the balance of power.

This guy is nuts- we beat the piss out of them and we will do it again 

——————

McGuire goes from talking Fajardo up the past month to immediately whatever the **** this is:

https://3downnation.com/2022/10/20/end-of-a-love-affair-rider-nations-breakup-letter-to-cody-fajardo/

Edited by Geebrr

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

JC Abbott in 3DN said Rourke is the “head and shoulders above” as the best QB in the league and his return creates a shift in the balance of power.

——————

McGuire goes from talking Fajardo up the past month to immediately whatever the **** this is:

https://3downnation.com/2022/10/20/end-of-a-love-affair-rider-nations-breakup-letter-to-cody-fajardo/

Ok, if this article is in any way indicative of the kind of overreactioary “love you, hate you” bullshit Fajardo has had to deal with from the Saskatchewan media and fan base, then his press conference was a decidedly reserved, restrained , and polite performance. I’ve seen some bad stuff from 3Down, but this is on another level. 

17 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Hamilton is going to be looking hard for a qb2 that can spell Dane when he sucks. 
Ott will do the same. Cf will find work as a no2 easily next year. 

Hamilton is good with Shiltz as backup, Ottawa looking good with Arbuckle and Masoli, if they can afford both.  Best place for Fajardo to end up is in Montreal backing old dog Trevor Harris, he'll be out of the Rider QB spotlight, which is absolutely a curse.  If they hang onto D. Davis, he won't even have to run 3rd down gambles, he'll have lots of time to process and maybe learn some new tricks.

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Call collaros the bus driver because he will take Rourke to school again.

4 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I know the Rider hatred is automatic to be able to post here, but some of you are trying way too hard to spin this as sucky behaviour from Fajardo. Literally the first thing he says in the clip is “it’s not going to stop me from supporting the guys, grinding in workouts and watching film”. He backs it up at the 1:25 mark saying he’s there to help Fine any way he can. 

If he had gone stone-faced like Mitchell (or Troy Westwood’s “sitting bull” act like Speed has referenced in the past when he was benched and spent the game arms folded on the sidelines) many here would just as quickly dump on him for sulking and not being a team guy.

He stood up to the media, answered THEIR questions completely, professionally, and didn’t offer too many canned cliches while speaking honestly. He may be a lesser QB, but for a guy who just lost a job and then had to go and pretend he’s OK with that in front of the world, I didn’t see a whiner attitude or phony platitudes. Somewhat refreshing in the light of today’s cliche ridden athlete. I give him credit for that much. JMO. 

Well he didn’t lose a salary. He’s still getting paid. In those conditions, he should tow the company line. He could redeem himself beginning with this interview. But nope. IMO, it’s BS that he says it isn’t performance related, obviously it is. Any number of posters, non pros, could tell him what his performance issues are. He needs to face reality, he can’t throw long balls, and can’t find the second and third reads. He was resentful, pouting, and approaching tears. Four hundred grand salary and he acts like he’s destitute and hard done by.  Should he think about his next contract, his next qb gig, this interview is part of the process, he’s being watched. That’s what a pro does in adversity. 

What an absolutely terrible "article" about fajardo but man did this piece make me laugh...

but you also gave us our greatest passing season in a decade, rivalling the best season from the magnificent Darian Durant.

know how I know your franchise is trash with a trash history?

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

What a great defense the riders have. Having to face them in practice will make fine unstoppable against other teams.

One can throw shade on Fajardo (I know I have)......but listening to the HC talk.....well they have an even bigger problem,  there.....

14 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

What an absolutely terrible "article" about fajardo but man did this piece make me laugh...

but you also gave us our greatest passing season in a decade, rivalling the best season from the magnificent Darian Durant.

know how I know your franchise is trash with a trash history?

What a great defense the riders have. Having to face them in practice will make fine unstoppable against other teams.

As soon as he completes a pass, his nickname will be.....mighty.

6 minutes ago, do or die said:

One can throw shade on Fajardo (I know I have)......but listening to the HC talk.....well they have an even bigger problem,  there.....

As soon as he completes a pass, his nickname will be.....mighty.

CD is a complete joke...and has no clue..let alone business being a HC....That is were a lot of the issues lay....with him and Oday....what a 1 - 2 combo there.....yikes

CF...yeah...he needs to nut up and stop readin his old press from 2019...thats eons ago and he was just lucky and caught teams off-guard in first half of season, but been a downward spiral since.....his starter days are done...would make a serviceable short yardage guy (which was what he was before ZC got hurt) and a get u through the game in game injury replacement, but I can't see a team relying on him as the actual back-up

On 2022-10-19 at 7:01 PM, wbbfan said:

Hamilton is going to be looking hard for a qb2 that can spell Dane when he sucks. 
Ott will do the same. Cf will find work as a no2 easily next year. 

Fajardo would do well in Hamilton with Steinhauer & Condell. He's a better qb than Dane Evans. As much as Fajardo does whine, ***** & complain, could you imagine Evans with that circus in Regina? He'd have Dickenson telling him lies & Maas screaming at him. He'd sink lfaster than a Mafia hit in cement shoes.

11 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

If he had gone stone-faced like Mitchell (or Troy Westwood’s “sitting bull” act like Speed has referenced in the past when he was benched and spent the game arms folded on the sidelines) many here would just as quickly dump on him for sulking and not being a team guy.

Well said