2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

48 minutes ago, Noeller said:

For debate........ 

I’d love to see them beat Calgary at home come into igf and get smacked down in the cold and snow to chants of bc sucks! The following tears by the national cfl media would sustain me for a life time. 
 The riders hype train has crashed and burned so now the national media is all over rourke. 

Our QBs as a unit are better than anybody’s 

Our starter is better than anybody’s 

“It’s kind of unfortunate that everyone thought that I was taking a vet day after a bye week. I’ve played through a lot worse and some people were hounding me for taking a day off but I’m going to go out there and I’m going to give it everything I have like I have the last four years and give everything I’ve got to this organization,” said Fajardo.

1. Nobody believed that.

That’s why the Saskatchewan Roughriders’ quarterback was granted a “vet day” on Tuesday. The timing seemed odd considering it was first day of practice since Oct. 5, when the Riders were preparing to play the Hamilton Tiger-Cats two days later. 

“Trust me, those guys need vet days,” said Riders head coach Craig Dickenson. “A lot of them need some rest and he wasn’t the only one. We took it easy on Larry Dean and Mike Edem. We try our best to let those guys get the mental reps. They don’t need physical reps at this stage.”

Dave and I were talking earlier today about how no team in the league would touch Faj with a 10ft pole...... With the possible exception of Edmonton because McAdoo might be able to recreate some serviceability. Even then, why bother? He was never good at any point, despite what Gappers might tell you. 

Career 3rd Stringer Cosplaying A Starter 

Edited by Noeller

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Dave and I were taking earlier today about how no team in the league would touch Faj with a 10ft pole...... With the possible exception of Edmonton because McAdoo might be able to recreate some serviceability. Even then, why bother? He was never good at any point, despite what Gappers might tell you. 

😙👌

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Dave and I were taking earlier today about how no team in the league would touch Faj with a 10ft pole...... With the possible exception of Edmonton because McAdoo might be able to recreate some serviceability. Even then, why bother? He was never good at any point, despite what Gappers might tell you. 

Doubt it with Chris Jones past comments

1 hour ago, JCon said:

CD is a bad coach but O'Day has provided him nothing. They need to dump everyone from the GM and up, then let the new Board, President and GM to decide his fate. 

Never quite understood why people think that the board has any influence on the day to day operations of an organization.  Having served as a director on several, I can tell you that the only employee that they have any dealing with is the CEO.  

15 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I was going to say this. Could you image how awkward it would be for Faj to walk into a locker room already knowing his coach thinks he can’t play lol. 

Faj going to be a back up somewhere but it won't be Edmonton, I don't think

1 hour ago, GCJenks said:

Was swamped at work today, got home and wife asked “did you hear about Fajardo?”  No. “The little ***** is whining to everyone that he got benched, not sure he’ll ever play for the Criders again”. I guess that’s a career…

Not once during his posted press conversation did he mention anything like “whatever is best for the team to win, because that’s what matters most”. Nothing. 

2 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

Never quite understood why people think that the board has any influence on the day to day operations of an organization.  Having served as a director on several, I can tell you that the only employee that they have any dealing with is the CEO.  

The board had set the tone for that organization for a long time. The culture is toxic and has been for a loooong time. That's on the board. 

(I also know how boards work)

I just read the 3down article on CF and if the quotes are correct, I would not want him to even back up my team any day of the week no matter how desperate we would be. What he stated at the press conference is not a good look for him. At least Mitchell in Calgary has stayed mute about his demotion and if things transition around the league there is still some hope to resurrect his career, none for Cody unfortunately. He just wrote his own obituary,

12 hours ago, Rod Black said:

Not once during his posted press conversation did he mention anything like “whatever is best for the team to win, because that’s what matters most”. Nothing. 

I know the Rider hatred is automatic to be able to post here, but some of you are trying way too hard to spin this as sucky behaviour from Fajardo. Literally the first thing he says in the clip is “it’s not going to stop me from supporting the guys, grinding in workouts and watching film”. He backs it up at the 1:25 mark saying he’s there to help Fine any way he can. 

If he had gone stone-faced like Mitchell (or Troy Westwood’s “sitting bull” act like Speed has referenced in the past when he was benched and spent the game arms folded on the sidelines) many here would just as quickly dump on him for sulking and not being a team guy.

He stood up to the media, answered THEIR questions completely, professionally, and didn’t offer too many canned cliches while speaking honestly. He may be a lesser QB, but for a guy who just lost a job and then had to go and pretend he’s OK with that in front of the world, I didn’t see a whiner attitude or phony platitudes. Somewhat refreshing in the light of today’s cliche ridden athlete. I give him credit for that much. JMO. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever