2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

7 hours ago, wbbfan said:

https://3downnation.com/2022/10/04/lemon-for-dpoy/

The modp is wide open especially in the west This year but I don’t think lemon deserves it. Half of his sack production has come against Edmonton. In 6 games against the bombers and lions he has 1 sack 9 tackles 0 ff. 

I don't take that guy serious after he tried to argue that the 2021 Bombers were scared of the 2021 stampeders....especially if Mitchell was playing. I know that sounds like a joke...but it wasn't

I should add, he said this going into the playoffs...as in the Bombers were afraid of Bo and the Stamps in a cold weather playoff game in WPG....again...as far as I could tell he was dead serious lol.

Edited by Bigblue204

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

Further to this, McManis out 4 weeks...

Damn that is a crazy combined loss for the argos. 

This years modp is going to be legit tough. I suspect it’ll be between sankey dean and Willy j in the west. This is a year some dbs should get love but they probably won’t. 

21 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I can;t get the link to work. But I get the jist of the story

Dan Clark will now play all 5 spots on the starting o-line. Cody will still complain every time he is hit by a stiff breeze.

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Damn that is a crazy combined loss for the argos. 

This years modp is going to be legit tough. I suspect it’ll be between sankey dean and Willy j in the west. This is a year some dbs should get love but they probably won’t. 

Makes it even harder for the Argos to take out the BC "OMG BEST TEAM EVARRRRRR" Lions (that one is for GeeBrr) for us.

11 hours ago, Geebrr said:

but in fairness... it's not like anyone is giving away Canadian o-linemen at the deadline...

imagine how dumb of a GM you would have to be to trade away a 24-year old Canadian OL with starting potential for a rental pass rusher... then imagine how dumb you would feel if that guy became an 8-year starter for his new team helping them to 2 Grey Cups and possibly more... I can't imagine a GM or team ever doing anything that stupid...

11 minutes ago, bearpants said:

but in fairness... it's not like anyone is giving away Canadian o-linemen at the deadline...

imagine how dumb of a GM you would have to be to trade away a 24-year old Canadian OL with starting potential for a rental pass rusher... then imagine how dumb you would feel if that guy became an 8-year starter for his new team helping them to 2 Grey Cups and possibly more... I can't imagine a GM or team ever doing anything that stupid...

Oooh I see what you did there…

11 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Dan Clark will now play all 5 spots on the starting o-line. Cody will still complain every time he is hit by a stiff breeze.

Makes it even harder for the Argos to take out the BC "OMG BEST TEAM EVARRRRRR" Lions (that one is for GeeBrr) for us.

I actually like the argos chances a lot this week. Vaj seldom has good games back to back and coming off a humiliating loss the previous week I think tor will be very motivated. 
 The hype train for this lions team is never gonna end. They’ll lose in the first round of the play offs and 3dn will right anxious opining about how they’d a won by 4 tds in every game if rourke was healthy. 

30 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Top drawer sir. 

I love Dobson but I would trade him for the right de or wil if kyrie won’t be back. Maybe with a kr for pick kick in. 

17 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Top drawer sir. 

I love Dobson but I would trade him for the right de or wil if kyrie won’t be back. Maybe with a kr for pick kick in. 

Obviously you got the joke... and I do understand Sask's thinking in that one... it helped them win the 2013 cup... but I just love how much that trade benefitted us long term, so it's fun to make fun of them

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

Obviously you got the joke... and I do understand Sask's thinking in that one... it helped them win the 2013 cup... but I just love how much that trade benefitted us long term, so it's fun to make fun of them

Yeah I think it’s like the nichols trade. They thought neufeld peaked when clearly he hadn’t. They thought he was expendable. Bad teams make bad personnel moves. 

100%. They’d kill to have him now. 

18 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I don't take that guy serious after he tried to argue that the 2021 Bombers were scared of the 2021 stampeders....especially if Mitchell was playing. I know that sounds like a joke...but it wasn't

I should add, he said this going into the playoffs...as in the Bombers were afraid of Bo and the Stamps in a cold weather playoff game in WPG....again...as far as I could tell he was dead serious lol.

Radio Ryan is Calgary's version of MIgs. I am shocked that 3DN was that desperate for a correspondent in Calgary that they would choose him. He can't be taken seriously. The guy would tell you that Calgary is poised to make a 4th Q comeback and has the opposition right where they want them if they were down by 45 points. 

18 hours ago, Booch said:

of any of the 3down nation writers he is probably the one who's articles hold the least value and legitimacy and are basically a fanboi blog

It's brutal. Half of his game summaries I am left scratching my head wondering what game he was watching. I think somewhere around week 6 he was suggesting that BLM was making a strong case for MOP. lmao

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Radio Ryan is Calgary's version of MIgs. I am shocked that 3DN was that desperate for a correspondent in Calgary that they would choose him. He can't be taken seriously. The guy would tell you that Calgary is poised to make a 4th Q comeback and has the opposition right where they want them if they were down by 45 points. 

It's brutal. Half of his game summaries I am left scratching my head wondering what game he was watching. I think somewhere around week 6 he was suggesting that BLM was making a strong case for MOP. lmao

He has a really hard time believing the Stamps are no longer ruling the league, he still believes they're a better team than the Bombers.

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

He has a really hard time believing the Stamps are no longer ruling the league, he still believes they're a better team than the Bombers.

Yep, just bad luck and injuries keeping them from an undefeated season. Boy that sounds familiar....not sure why. In the history of RadioRyan around the Stamps forum, his radio podcast, and Riderfans, and he has been at all 3 for many years, he has never once conceded that the Stamps were beaten by another team. He has on many occasions admitted defeat on the scoreboard but he is pretty much famous for suggesting that the Stamps weren't beaten, they beat themselves. In his mind no team has ever truly beaten the Stamps. 

Edited by GCn20

https://www.cfl.ca/2022/10/05/stamps-extend-receiver-malik-henry-through-2025/

CALGARY — The Calgary Stampeders have signed American receiver Malik Henry to a three-year contract extension that will keep him with the Red and White through the 2025 season, the team announced on Wednesday.

“Malik this season has emerged as a dynamic playmaker and one of the league’s most dangerous receivers,” said Stampeders president and general manager John Hufnagel. “I’m pleased that Malik has made this commitment to the organization and look forward to seeing his continued development as one of the important members of our offence.”

A 25-year-old product of Tifton, Ga., Henry last week surpassed the 1,000-yard milestone in receiving yards for the 2022 season and he leads the Canadian Football League with 422 yards after the catch. He is among the league leaders in average yards per catch (16.5), touchdown receptions (eight) and 100-yard games (four) including a 173-yard performance in Week 3 that represents a season best in the CFL.