2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

17 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Not even by a country mile. Some relatively recent data here. Sask has a high % indigenous population but they mostly don't live in the cities

c-g01-eng.png

This is why it was f'd the pope skipped winnipeg on his tour but whatever this isn't the thread for this topic.

Given the relative populations, the proportion is similar.

1 hour ago, Blue_Dragoon said:

Harris, Lawler, Stove... Most of our biggest free agent losses have ended up injured this year.

yeah....hard to say if Lawler would have got hurt here...likely not having to dive all over the field to make catches,,,but Stove did himself in training...and Harris was inevitable in my opion...so 2/3rds of a bullet dodged

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

their indigenous population is on par with Winnipeg.... maybe more? Having said that....yes, Sask is like if Rural Alberta was an entire province. The racism is real and ingrained...

Indigenous population is spread out to more areas in Saskatchewan,   Manitoba has more that come and then stay in the big city (Winnipeg).   

The reserves out in Saskatchewan tend to be more connected with better amenities then out here.  

As for racism if you want to see real racism visit rural Quebec... they even hate white people (who speak English).  Far more egregious then anywhere else I've seen in Canada. 

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

Indigenous population is spread out to more areas in Saskatchewan,   Manitoba has more that come and then stay in the big city (Winnipeg).   

The reserves out in Saskatchewan tend to be more connected with better amenities then out here.  

As for racism if you want to see real racism visit rural Quebec... they even hate white people (who speak English).  Far more egregious then anywhere else I've seen in Canada. 

Quebec is the most racist place in Canada 

On 2022-10-02 at 12:43 PM, Noeller said:

I think the Riders will be looking for more of a proven commodity after the recent mess of Dickenson and crew. I'm not sure who that is, but after this year, Buck will have had exactly 1.5 years as an OC. Not quite sure he's got enough experience to be a HC yet. I'd peg him as an heir apparent to Osh someday. 

What do you guys think about the future of the hierarchy? 

Walters takes on Wade's gig, Osh to GM and Buck to HC..... Does any of that make sense? Not sure either Walters or Osh want to be a Pres or GM (respectively). Gotta think they like their current roles. 

But I'm legit curious about what happens in the future... 

Osh has previously said that he has no interest in being GM. So, I'd expect that wouldn't happen. Wade's still relatively young so he'd probably stay as President until he was fired. 

7 hours ago, Tracker said:

Boy, that relocation really worked for him, didn't it?

You know Jones is planning on replacing Duron Carter with him next season.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

16 hours ago, Noeller said:

just for discussion: 

This obviously doesn't make any sense... but I have to admit, Ka'Deem Carey in a cold weather game does concern me... especially if we keep rolling without a true run plugger

15 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Stove looks really heavy 

Glad he is healing up though. Looks best in blue 

I mean... did Stove ever not look heavy?? 😄

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

https://3downnation.com/2022/10/04/lemon-for-dpoy/

The modp is wide open especially in the west This year but I don’t think lemon deserves it. Half of his sack production has come against Edmonton. In 6 games against the bombers and lions he has 1 sack 9 tackles 0 ff. 

Ballantyne is a turd....he is happy to bring up that Lemon has more sacks than Willy and Jeffcoat "the bookends" combined, but fails to mention Jeffcoat been playing hurt all yr and has missed 4 games....and no mentions of knockdowns...biased writing at its finest

21 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

Not even by a country mile. Some relatively recent data here. Sask has a high % indigenous population but they mostly don't live in the cities

c-g01-eng.png

This is why it was f'd the pope skipped winnipeg on his tour but whatever this isn't the thread for this topic.

....but the population of Regina is only 228,928, so the ratio is quite similar to Wpg. 

20 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

....but the population of Regina is only 228,928, so the ratio is quite similar to Wpg. 

Feel like its been covered but now I'm doing math to help yall get it

20k (roughly) out of 228k = 8.7%

90k (roughly) out of 750k = 12%

For a difference of 3.3%. A full 1.25 x greater.

Now I don't know about you but saying Regina has as many or more is demonstrably incorrect. Quibble away, we have more total, more per capita, more more more no matter how you slice it.

Winnipeg has the distinction of having the largest urban indigenous population, I won't hear otherwise

Just now, MOBomberFan said:

Feel like its been covered but now I'm doing math to help yall get it

20k (roughly) out of 228k = 8.7%

90k (roughly) out of 750k = 12%

For a difference of 3.3%. A full 1.25 x greater.

Now I don't know about you but saying Regina has as many or more is demonstrably incorrect. Quibble away, we have more total, more per capita, more more more no matter how you slice it.

Winnipeg has the distinction of having the largest urban indigenous population, I won't hear otherwise

You shouldn’t- because you are correct.