2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

What do you guys think about the future of the hierarchy? 

Walters takes on Wade's gig, Osh to GM and Buck to HC..... Does any of that make sense? Not sure either Walters or Osh want to be a Pres or GM (respectively). Gotta think they like their current roles. 

But I'm legit curious about what happens in the future... 

Unless Wade has bigger fish to fry I think he stays Bomber president for life.

Edited by Fatty Liver

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

Ya I'd bet Lawler is BC or Wpg next year, at a more reasonable cap hit. 

I think Lawler will still be too expensive once the bidding war starts, Derel Walker has performed well in his absence and lately redeemed his value now that he has a QB that can get him the ball, if his price has fallen considerably he would be a nifty pickup if Schoen or Ellingson are gone.  May not be the deep threat he once was, but gets open, catches the ball well and is good at picking up YAC, he'd be a good bookend to Demski.

53 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Unless Wade has bigger fish to fry I think he stays Bomber president for life.

I only mentioned it because earlier this year on a CJOB pre game show when he was on, he mentioned that he didn't want to be in that role for very long. I think he actually said "I didn't want to be on THIS long, so we'll see..." 

45 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

I think Lawler will still be too expensive once the bidding war starts, Derel Walker has performed well in his absence and lately redeemed his value now that he has a QB that can get him the ball, if his price has fallen considerably he would be a nifty pickup if Schoen or Ellingson are gone.  May not be the deep threat he once was, but gets open, catches the ball well and is good at picking up YAC, he'd be a good bookend to Demski.

Not sure this season did him any favours in terms of bargaining. He was good when healthy, but not staying healthy should bring the price tag down. . 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I truly don't think any of our assistance will e seriously approached...or front runners in a HC opening other than maybe Hall, as he has been there...done that, tho I don't know if he has that desire in him now...I see him as being quite content where he is now at this point in his career. I think the teams looking...Obviously Ottawa and likely Sask are gonna go the somewhat proven route...they cant afford to go off board and epically fail.....other than those 2 teams I cant see any other team looking...Maybe Montreal but I have a sneaking feeling the Gnome is gonna stay on

Approached, I think so. I think jy could get a dc and ast hc gig. That’d be a super smart move for a team that brings in an offensive upstart or retread hc. 

hall is interesting. I don’t think he’d go back to regina with all the stuff that’s come out after he left. And I don’t know if he wants it. I feel like he truly loves it here and the guys around and under him. If I was ott I would strongly consider some combo of him, jy and bob dyce. Hc dc and maybe front office or teams role with qc side hustle  

will any of them jump, man I really don’t know. I think if goveia goes to be president/gm though the chance goes way up. 

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I only mentioned it because earlier this year on a CJOB pre game show when he was on, he mentioned that he didn't want to be in that role for very long. I think he actually said "I didn't want to be on THIS long, so we'll see..." 

Not sure this season did him any favours in terms of bargaining. He was good when healthy, but not staying healthy should bring the price tag down. . 

That’s interesting I didn’t hear any of that. If that’s the case I would use the up tick to keep goveia around. 

24 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Approached, I think so. I think jy could get a dc and ast hc gig. That’d be a super smart move for a team that brings in an offensive upstart or retread hc. 

hall is interesting. I don’t think he’d go back to regina with all the stuff that’s come out after he left. And I don’t know if he wants it. I feel like he truly loves it here and the guys around and under him. If I was ott I would strongly consider some combo of him, jy and bob dyce. Hc dc and maybe front office or teams role with qc side hustle  

will any of them jump, man I really don’t know. I think if goveia goes to be president/gm though the chance goes way up. 

That’s interesting I didn’t hear any of that. If that’s the case I would use the up tick to keep goveia around. 

I believe Richie still lives in Regina for some reason, he'd be smart to avoid working there at all costs, it's a small town and eventually Rider fans turn on everyone.

18 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I mean, we can't just bump everyone up a spot. They all have completely different jobs. 

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Didn't he steal a team mates wallet or something earning the nickname kenton thief? Seems to me he is a guy with a well earned poor reputation who refuses to acknowledge his fault.

In summary **** that guy for being a rider.

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Didn't he steal a team mates wallet or something earning the nickname kenton thief? Seems to me he is a guy with a well earned poor reputation who refuses to acknowledge his fault.

But his attitude fit so well in Regina....

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

"Kenton Thief", indeed. They caught him red-handed, stealing wallets and stuff from teammates lockers.... or was the story at the time. One of the OL beat the **** out of him, if I remember that time correctly...

I've unfortunately been to Regina on my way to Calgary. I'll be honest the racism don't shock me as I don't think I've ever seen a non white or indigenous person in Regina. Not that I'm looking but... to my recollection the only black guys there are the football players 

Regina is the whitest "city" I've ever stayed in 

3 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Come back home, Kenny.

Nah. He got his money and kinda talked crap on the way out  

Edited by Goalie

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I've unfortunately been to Regina on my way to Calgary. I'll be honest the racism don't shock me as I don't think I've ever seen a non white or indigenous person in Regina. Not that I'm looking but... to my recollection the only black guys there are the football players 

Nah. He got his money and kinda talked crap on the way out  

their indigenous population is on par with Winnipeg.... maybe more? Having said that....yes, Sask is like if Rural Alberta was an entire province. The racism is real and ingrained...

Edited by Noeller

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

their indigenous population is on par with Winnipeg.... maybe more?

Not even by a country mile. Some relatively recent data here. Sask has a high % indigenous population but they mostly don't live in the cities

c-g01-eng.png

This is why it was f'd the pope skipped winnipeg on his tour but whatever this isn't the thread for this topic.