2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He's going to have to be a helluva player to play in Bryant's spot when the time comes. That's why a veteran & successful left tackle from another team is more likely to take over. I don't see his signing as succession planning at all. It's all about free agency. 

I think any succession planning is going to involve having plan A, B, C, and D lined up.

We don't know who's going to be in FA when the time comes after all.

13 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Kurtis Rourke (Nathan's younger bro) lighting it up today for Ohio. Is he eligible for the CFL draft next year?

22 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Kurtis Rourke (Nathan's younger bro) lighting it up today for Ohio. Is he eligible for the CFL draft next year?

20 hours ago, Jesse said:

I believe he is!

He red shirted in 2019 this is his 3rd season. 

Generally you get 5 years to play 4 seasons of your sport. He could play another year. Idk if he’s eligible for a Covid bonus redshirt year. His production to this point wasn’t strong. I would expect him to go another year unless his team is aging out or he really has a huge year and gets nfl interest 

15 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He's going to have to be a helluva player to play in Bryant's spot when the time comes. That's why a veteran & successful left tackle from another team is more likely to take over. I don't see his signing as succession planning at all. It's all about free agency. 

From what I have been able to read up on, his athleticism and combative attitude are excellent. He may be a project and he is a young man, experience may need to instilled- the hard way.

15 hours ago, Jesse said:

I think any succession planning is going to involve having plan A, B, C, and D lined up.

We don't know who's going to be in FA when the time comes after all.

I think the Bombers will pursue all CFL FA opportunities or trade first before handing the LT position to any inexperienced rookie.

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I think the Bombers will pursue all CFL FA opportunities or trade first before handing the LT position to any inexperienced rookie.

I agree, but I also doubt we're going to sign his replacement and get another 5+ year perennial all star. Also have to prepare for signing a stop gap while we develop our long term plan.

Again - I'm sure we have plan A, B, and C we're pursuing. 

26 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

I wouldn't think so. I feel it is likely that Hardrick hangs them up before Bryant.

I’ve heard Hardrick say multiple times that he is going to play until they rip the jersey off his back.

That said, I’d expect he stays on his side. Why create two problems instead of one?

5 hours ago, Mark H. said:

After seeing the way they have managed the OL for the past 6 - 8 years, I'm inclined to agree with you.  

Keep in mind that we’ve also constantly tried to keep a good imp tackle with lots of up side on the pr. And have done soo pretty successfully over the great ol stretch. The difference is that since yoshi moved to tackle we have seldom needed a tackle or an imp ol. 
If we were going after a vet in the league it’d likely be a guy that has upside and not realized it yet.

We actually have 4 imp ol on the pr plus Richmond. That’s a lot of us beef. I think the only way we see more come in this year is if one of them gets cut. 

37 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I’ve heard Hardrick say multiple times that he is going to play until they rip the jersey off his back.

That said, I’d expect he stays on his side. Why create two problems instead of one?

I believe it. I could see him being a guy who floats between ir and pr after the wheels have fallen off for his leadership a lone. I really hope the guy moves into coaching here after his career. 

In fairness to the Riders (vomit), we had the exact thing happen last year and they seem to have handled it as swiftly as we did. Short of Dickenson opening his mouth and somehow making it worse, I don't think this incident alone can be held against them.

Edited by Super Duper Negatron

Just now, Super Duper Negatron said:

In fairness to the Riders (vomit), we had the exact thing happen last year and they seem to have handled it as we have. Short of Dickenson opening his mouth and somehow making it worse, I don't think this incident alone can be held against them.

this time they did yup...cause last time it happened out there they tried to keep it hush hush but got busted in the press....I give them no applause for handling it the way you should....same with the episode with Purifoy last yr at restaurant?..were not very transparent on that one....same with PED Leonard farce...skirt around the truths...."aww shcucks the gy feels bad"..." oh geeze he didnt mean it"..."hey....he's a lot better than last year"...." I hope he feels bad and apologizes to his teamates".....to be honest I am shocked they didn't try and hide it....if ever you wanted to know the definition of a rudderless boat...look no further than a province over

23 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

In fairness to the Riders (vomit), we had the exact thing happen last year and they seem to have handled it as swiftly as we did. Short of Dickenson opening his mouth and somehow making it worse, I don't think this incident alone can be held against them.

19 minutes ago, Booch said:

this time they did yup...cause last time it happened out there they tried to keep it hush hush but got busted in the press....I give them no applause for handling it the way you should....same with the episode with Purifoy last yr at restaurant?..were not very transparent on that one....same with PED Leonard farce...skirt around the truths...."aww shcucks the gy feels bad"..." oh geeze he didnt mean it"..."hey....he's a lot better than last year"...." I hope he feels bad and apologizes to his teamates".....to be honest I am shocked they didn't try and hide it....if ever you wanted to know the definition of a rudderless boat...look no further than a province over

Without bringing everything from the past- on it's own, it should be noted (maybe even slightly applauded, because of their record of not doing the right thing right away) that they did the right thing.

If we want them to be more accountable in the future- I don't think shitting on them when they "FINALLY" do the right thing in a very quick manner, is going help.

Whatever- good on them doing the right thing. 

uhg, feel so gross man- @Booch you gotta stop making me defend them...

off to take a silkwood shower.

giphy-downsized.gif

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

42 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Without bringing everything from the past- on it's own, it should be noted (maybe even slightly applauded, because of their record of not doing the right thing right away) that they did the right thing.

If we want them to be more accountable in the future- I don't think shitting on them when they "FINALLY" do the right thing in a very quick manner, is going help.

Whatever- good on them doing the right thing. 

uhg, feel so gross man- @Booch you gotta stop making me defend them...

off to take a silkwood shower.

giphy-downsized.gif

lol....sorry....go off for a walk in the park and think about what you did..cleanse yourself of the situation then we never, ever bring it up again haha

3 hours ago, Booch said:

with 4 yrs age difference there I highly doubt it....Hardrick is having too much fun, and is still too damn good to be hanging them up anytime soon

I hope so but he seems to pick up knicks and hurts and has to battle through more than Bryant. I love the spirit but at some point he'll need to think about the rest of his life.