2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

14 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I don't really understand how Harris could play with that injury.  Ball security will be a huge concern, either he's in pain or frozen.

Early on in his time here I remember him playing and hobbling with the ball not even able to run. 
 A lot can be said about Harris and you can question various aspects but his on the field determination and toughness is not surpassed. 

11 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Early on in his time here I remember him playing and hobbling with the ball not even able to run. 
 A lot can be said about Harris and you can question various aspects but his on the field determination and toughness is not surpassed. 

All true but the physical strength to hold that ball would be severely compromised if the muscle is damaged.

It's obviously just a partial tear, if they think he could be back in as little as four weeks. 

29 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Better to have moved on a year too early than a year too late. As per usual, Walters and co got it right.

And Harris was injured in a fairly routine tackle- not all that violent. Had he remained the feature back with the Bombers, it was pretty much inevitable he would have sustained a similar injury here. It was a tough decision for Walters and Co. but the correct one.

34 minutes ago, Nolby said:

I wonder if this is career threatening for him given his age

Any injury is potentially career threatening at his age, particularly since he is a RB.

35 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Better to have moved on a year too early than a year too late. As per usual, Walters and co got it right.

After last year's injuries and him coming into camp out of shape it was really a no brainer to move on. As much as our sentimentality wants to block that reality, it was pretty apparent.

**** sakes....feel terrible for the guy. I mean, **** the Argos, but man I feel bad for Harris. If this is the end of the road, here's to a 1-day contract signing (with Matty Ice, please...) and well deserved retirement in Blue and Gold. 

9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

**** sakes....feel terrible for the guy. I mean, **** the Argos, but man I feel bad for Harris. If this is the end of the road, here's to a 1-day contract signing (with Matty Ice, please...) and well deserved retirement in Blue and Gold. 

Well said, well said. Sums up how myself and I suspect many of us are feeling. Guy was great for us and key to us rebuilding and becoming back to back champs.

4 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Really depends on severity.

Once your pec is torn, apparently it's torn as it gets. Cody wrestled 1 more match with the torn pec.. fully torn and his reasoning was Dr's told Him it can't get worse. Guess Andrew must have a partial torn pec but at his age and sport.. 4 to 6 weeks seems pretty absolute best case scenario 

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Once your pec is torn, apparently it's torn as it gets. Cody wrestled 1 more match with the torn pec.. fully torn and his reasoning was Dr's told Him it can't get worse. Guess Andrew must have a partial torn pec but at his age and sport.. 4 to 6 weeks seems pretty absolute best case scenario 

You can have a partial tear, which is not the same as a full tear, where the tendon is pulled away from the bone. 

A partial tear can heal in a few weeks. 

Still, Harris needs surgery, so it must not be able to heal on it's own. That's probably closer to 6 months to heal. 

Edited by JCon