2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

4 hours ago, bb1 said:

I really like Rourke but i don't think he has NFL size for a QB down south. He is mobile but not elite for the NFL imo. We will see...

Russell Wilson is 5'11 (my height),Rourke is 6'1 , won't compare talent as he has to get there and have game action. And there's only a 5 lb difference.

Edited by Nolby

Yeah the height thing won't be an issue if a guy is mobile.

I wonder about his accuracy personally when I watch him play.  Fine when he's gunning it downfield to guys who are wide-open vs the blitz or to guys with huge catch radius to adjust to.  But if the D takes that away can he drive down the field throwing 10-20 yard passes?  Have really only seen the Bombers and Hamilton challenge him and he hasn't lit them up.

Going to be more pressure on that accuracy and less field to work with in the NFL.

40 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I wonder about his accuracy personally when I watch him play.  Fine when he's gunning it downfield to guys who are wide-open vs the blitz or to guys with huge catch radius to adjust to.  But if the D takes that away can he drive down the field throwing 10-20 yard passes?  Have really only seen the Bombers and Hamilton challenge him and he hasn't lit them up.

Going to be more pressure on that accuracy and less field to work with in the NFL.

He's shown flashes with passes that were very precise.  Where I think he's not shown particularly well is reading the defense pre-snap to be able to make on time passes through the middle.

8 minutes ago, Tracker said:

It is not fair to Rourke to compare him the Casey Printers. Printers had great physical tools but a brain the size of a walnut combined with an ego the size of a Mack truck. Everything I have seen in Rourke leads me to believe that he is a good guy as well as a pretty decent quarterback.

There's a bit of a cautionary tale there though with the success the first time through the league not continuing when there was a bit more of a tailored plan available on how to challenge the QB's strengths.

19 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Amazing, on Riderfans they've folded on most other accounts, Fajardo, Dickie 2, O'Day, Duke, all have lost significant support, but they've decided to make their stand universally behind thug Garrett Marino.  Big Stupid Dunce leading the defence by attacking Mazoli.

15 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Amazing, on Riderfans they've folded on most other accounts, Fajardo, Dickie 2, O'Day, Duke, all have lost significant support, but they've decided to make their stand universally behind thug Garrett Marino.  Big Stupid Dunce leading the defence by attacking Mazoli.

They think he's Lyle Alzado but he's not a good player and they aren't winning.

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

It is not fair to Rourke to compare him the Casey Printers. Printers had great physical tools but a brain the size of a walnut combined with an ego the size of a Mack truck. Everything I have seen in Rourke leads me to believe that he is a good guy as well as a pretty decent quarterback.

Never gets old....

19 hours ago, bb1 said:

I really like Rourke but i don't think he has NFL size for a QB down south. He is mobile but not elite for the NFL imo. We will see...

Very similar size and build to mahomes. On track for 500-600 yards rushing too. The nfl isn’t as stuck in the Peyton manning mold as they used to be. 

5 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Very similar size and build to mahomes. On track for 500-600 yards rushing too. The nfl isn’t as stuck in the Peyton manning mold as they used to be. 

It’s fair to point out disputed catches on film though. Many of his big plays are thrown to wide open receivers. He needs to show he can squeeze it into a window if he wants a shot.

NFL DBs gonna get on him real fast.

7 hours ago, wbbfan said:

You don't need the height in the NFL anymore. The game is changing. Teams need athletic qbs qho have a quick releases & can throw in any arm slot (high, medium & low). 

31 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Rourke is the real deal,  I wouldn't be upset if he wins MOP. Dude has been amazing. 

If he looks this good in year one...how good will he be once he gains experience. 

Or when DC's figure him out. 

6 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

In case anyone was wondering how CoFaj was feeling mentally here is another article from Olivia Lawrence on it:

https://3downnation.com/2022/08/09/i-left-here-pretty-frustrated-but-i-came-back-with-a-positive-attitude-riders-qb-cody-fajardo-reenergized-after-teams-bye-week/

Blaming it all on the injury. Lol never change.

7 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

In case anyone was wondering how CoFaj was feeling mentally here is another article from Olivia Lawrence on it:

https://3downnation.com/2022/08/09/i-left-here-pretty-frustrated-but-i-came-back-with-a-positive-attitude-riders-qb-cody-fajardo-reenergized-after-teams-bye-week/

I'm glad he played well enough in 19 to convince Sask to give up Collaros.

On 2022-08-09 at 9:45 AM, JuranBoldenRules said:

At his age, and with the toolbox he has, the NFL will definitely give him a thorough look. All your questions are unanswered, as they should be with an essentially rookie pro QB, but when you can zing the ball downfield like he can and run like he can the NFL is going to be intrigued. 

On 2022-08-09 at 11:53 AM, JuranBoldenRules said:

There's a bit of a cautionary tale there though with the success the first time through the league not continuing when there was a bit more of a tailored plan available on how to challenge the QB's strengths.

I think Jon Jennings might be the more applicable cautionary tale for Rourke. Very similar trajectory and strengths/wekanesses in their first year. 

5 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Yea, Stegall got in on it too.

12 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Imagine going all in on Cody Fajardo!

To the point you don't let a healthy collaros back on the field and give him away for nothing directly leading to winnipeg winning back to back grey cups. 

Oh man that's good stuff.

I never understood that move at all. They had Zac on the 6 game and could have kept him there all season and let him come back and challenge for the starting job when healthy. Instead after 8 games they declared a guy who had been a career 3rd stringer their new starter and traded away a guy with an established arm. That was pure hubris on the part of ODay. Collaros was a Jones holdover, while O'Day could take all the credit for resurrecting Fajardo's career.

Edited by GCn20

13 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I never understood that move at all. They had Zac on the 6 game and could have kept him there all season and let him come back and challenge for the starting job when healthy. Instead after 8 games they declared a guy who had been a career 3rd stringer their new starter and traded away a guy with an established arm. That was pure hubris on the part of ODay. Collaros was a Jones holdover, while O'Day could take all the credit for resurrecting Fajardo's career.

I'm fairly sure they knew Collaros was leaving either way. That was the last year of his contract and to management it was probably obvious (as has been confirmed now) that Collaros wasn't that happy there. With a replacement all ready to go and the fans basically done with him, why would he re-sign? Better to trade him for something than lose him for nothing.

Edited by Bigblue204