2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

This ******* guy acts like a 7 year old couldn’t run the Leafs and make money.

Quite frankly, the same goes for the NBA with their TV deal. 

Try being good at your job

Not to mention the raptors market was built by Vince and grown by masai. 

21 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

https://3downnation.com/2022/08/06/argos-new-roommate-simoni-lawrence-believes-bmo-field-is-the-ticats-second-home/

Simoni Lawrence is reading our board and stealing IGF-West.

Get your own bit, Simoni. 

Back to back losers don’t get second home fields. And I mean The cats field is our third home field. 

Edited by wbbfan

On 2022-08-03 at 11:56 AM, JuranBoldenRules said:

Arecenaux is alright.  At least he's playing.

Not sure what they see at all in Duron Carter.  Looks like he doesn't even want to play football anymore.

Chris Jones must have an incriminating picture of him somewhere. 

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

They should fire mac in the off season and rehire khari. 

I'd like to see Bart Andrus get another chance...lol

6 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I would actually argue the opposite. I think cheap dirty bastards lingering around impedes success. Looking back at the last 5 or so grey cup champs, at the current dynasty of the bombers and the previous dynasty of the stamps I cant think of any guys like marino. 

It was said around here.... As recently as 2019....... That Osh was hurting the team by only choosing "nice guys", and that we needed a certain number of assholes to be successful................. 

19 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I would actually argue the opposite. I think cheap dirty bastards lingering around impedes success. Looking back at the last 5 or so grey cup champs, at the current dynasty of the bombers and the previous dynasty of the stamps I cant think of any guys like marino. 

Yeah...worthless article and view...u can have guys that have an edge sure..but not brain dead idiots who are obviously selfish... continually hurt your team...and are never gonna be an all-star...or even top tier

36 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

These “staff” articles that are clearly Brendan McGuire 

You aren’t the bad boys. You’re just morons playing for the worst franchise in sports history. 

“Bad boys of the CFL” is McGuire’s simpering slurp.  Cheer for the jersey, sure but have some basic personal integrity to call out when your franchise is a train wreck and classless.

14 minutes ago, Goldkobra said:

Terrible take. If a guys biggest contribution is 15 yard misconduct penalties,  the hell do you need him for?

Yeah the era of instilling fear is over.  Guys mostly fear getting beat and watching that on film post-game.  You can’t actually purposefully attempt to hurt people anymore.

Marino particularly is averaging about 30 yards in penalties a game this season.  So if he made 3 sacks a game for a 10 yard loss that’s the kind of contribution he’d have to make to account for his own stupidity, just to even it out.  He has games with multiple offsides too it’s not just the rough play stuff.  He’s just not a very good player.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

It was said around here.... As recently as 2019....... That Osh was hurting the team by only choosing "nice guys", and that we needed a certain number of assholes to be successful................. 

TBH I think that was accurate.  Everything changed with #5 and Hardrick, guys like that.

Osh softened on the view that everyone has to be robotic on the field, on the sideline, in the media.

21 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

TBH I think that was accurate.  Everything changed with #5 and Hardrick, guys like that.

Osh softened on the view that everyone has to be robotic on the field, on the sideline, in the media.

You think Willie and Hardrick are assholes? Maybe WJ5 used to be a certain personality, but by all accounts that changed when he came to Winnipeg. I'm not saying everyone on WBBFC goes to church together 7 days a week, but from everything I've read, this is a bunch of family types who keep their noses clean. 

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

You think Willie and Hardrick are assholes? Maybe WJ5 used to be a certain personality, but by all accounts that changed when he came to Winnipeg. I'm not saying everyone on WBBFC goes to church together 7 days a week, but from everything I've read, this is a bunch of family types who keep their noses clean. 

Not assholes but extra to the point that it could be seen as disrespectful.

Like Jefferson intercepted a pass last season, stopped at the goal-line and tried to hand it off to a teammate.  That kind of stuff.

On 2022-08-02 at 12:11 PM, TrueBlue4ever said:

Funny thing is the Riders may have the second best shot at getting to the Grey Cup right now. The East is yet again a dumpster fire, so the crossover is probable. Saskatchewan only has to be better than Edmonton to get in, and Chris Jones is too busy building an entire new roster each week to worry about a consistent game plan. Once in the playoffs, wouldn’t shock me to see them pull off a couple of wins given the eastern competition. A much easier road than going through BC/Cal and then Winnipeg. Then they waltz in to a home Grey Cup game where once again they meet the Bombers for another historic first at IG Field West:

First pre-season game ever: Winnipeg ties Sask 

First regular season game ever: Winnipeg wins over Sask  

First playoff game ever: Winnipeg wins over Sask  

First West Final ever: Winnipeg wins over Sask  

First NHL game ever: Winnipeg wins (over Calgary, since Sask has no team)

First Grey Cup game ever: Bomber Three-peat!

Even if it meant having to put up with two Rider playoff victories, this would be glorious  

Sorry, little late catching up on this thread… 

this idea that crossing over and going through the east is somehow “easier” comes about this time every year… reminder that no cross over team has ever made the grey cup… and there have been some good west teams taking on what seemed like a bad east division… ironically, the riders are the closest team to ever pull it off… in 2017, they were a Ricky Ray drive away from winning the east final. 

On 2022-08-04 at 6:21 PM, Geebrr said:

The Hall of Fame executive helped elevate the league’s premier franchise into a new era of dominance from 2005 to 2014”

https://3downnation.com/2022/08/04/we-need-guys-like-that-former-riders-president-jim-hopson-likes-viral-comments-from-alouettes-gary-stern-stamps-bo-levi-mitchell-but-is-not-a-chris-jones-fan/

😂😂😂

”Premier franchise”?  A “new era of dominance” 

😂😂😂

What annoys me about this is, why the rhetoric?? Yes, two grey cup wins in a ten year stretch is a good run… but a “new era of dominance”???… reminder to riders fans that BC, Calgary and Montreal also won 2 cups in that time frame… so I wouldn’t exactly consider it “dominance” if nearly half the league accomplished the exact same feat

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

I don’t recall any one saying he chose nice guys. He loves nasty tough hard nosed players. 
 The fault is that he would and still does put too much faith in under achievers who are fringe cfl talents. They aren’t nice guys particularly. They are often flawed prospects lacking skill or athleticism or another key trait that would probably turn them into elite prospects. But they execute the game plan and make the right decisions with in that game plan. 

the first big mos guy was ejiro kuale. An imp with a penitent for taking bad penalties with a good bit of that edge.