2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

19 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Bryan Burnham coming back is bad for the league. There I repeated it....but what did I mean by that? Let the great debate rage on. Was I being literal, or was I talking about being bad for other teams who have to face him? Who knows? Only me.....mwahahaha...let the fireworks continue.

some-men-just-want-to-watch-the-world-bu

3 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Bryan Burnham coming back is bad for the league. There I repeated it....but what did I mean by that? Let the great debate rage on. Was I being literal, or was I talking about being bad for other teams who have to face him? Who knows? Only me.....mwahahaha...let the fireworks continue.

Disagree. Manny Arcenaux being able to catch on in Deadmonton is an embarrassing example of the poor talent in the league in several teams. Burnham is still a legit threat even if he is not as fast as he used to be. 

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Disagree. Manny Arcenaux being able to catch on in Deadmonton is an embarrassing example of the poor talent in the league in several teams. Burnham is still a legit threat even if he is not as fast as he used to be. 

LOL....fell right into my trap. Disagree on Manny Arceneaux and Duron Carter...they are great for the league in the opposite way Burnham is bad for the league. There I have given my first clue about what my previous post meant.....mwahahaha

Edited by GCn20

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Arecenaux is alright.  At least he's playing.

Not sure what they see at all in Duron Carter.  Looks like he doesn't even want to play football anymore.

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

LOL....fell right into my trap. Disagree on Manny Arceneaux and Duron Carter...they are great for the league in the opposite way Burnham is bad for the league. There I have given my first clue about what my previous post meant.....mwahahaha

With the health of our wrs, I'd take manny right now. We aren't using tavaris harrison right now, and he deserves a real look. But I'd take manny in that spot happily. 

The Hall of Fame executive helped elevate the league’s premier franchise into a new era of dominance from 2005 to 2014”

https://3downnation.com/2022/08/04/we-need-guys-like-that-former-riders-president-jim-hopson-likes-viral-comments-from-alouettes-gary-stern-stamps-bo-levi-mitchell-but-is-not-a-chris-jones-fan/

😂😂😂

”Premier franchise”?  A “new era of dominance” 

😂😂😂

Two lines from that article sum up the entire problem with MLSE ownership:

You look at value creation and, you know, quite unfortunately, these teams are not worth that much money,” 

If his entire goal is making the Forbes list and not building an entertaining product, then he won’t bother to make the team better. No one gets rich owning a a CFL team, but they can turn a profit, albeit in the low millions and not billions. Tanenbaum would prefer to have a lousy NFL team because their valuation would be high, even if the on-field product sucks. . Terrible type of owner for fans to have to endure, because he’ll only care about his bottom line and not the fans who pay the freight and want success measured in wins and not the owner’s valuation. 

“Community owned teams in Edmonton, Saskatchewan, and Winnipeg are happy with the status quo”

So the league’s most profitable and best attended franchises are not the model you want to emulate? Tanenbaum doesn’t want to match their kind of success because he sees their profits as too meagre, even though their bottom line is better than his right now. How about trying to match their success first and then looking to get better as an entire league rather than blow it all up because only you can’t get it right like they have?