2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

3 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I stand by my belief that Garrett is being unfairly characterized and punished for his actions,” he wrote.

“I don’t believe he tried to hurt the quarterback. He did go low, which is a penalty and if you hurt the guy, you’re going to get fined for it. His reaction was what got him in trouble and that’s what I was most disappointed in — it wasn’t the fact that he went low on the quarterback, he knows he can’t do that,” said Dickenson.

https://3downnation.com/2022/07/12/riders-craig-dickenson-apologizes-for-racially-insensitive-and-irrelevant-comment-made-while-defending-garrett-marino/

Both are taken from here. Dickenson needs to be canned too. Dinosaur mentality and totally clueless.

PRETTY MUCH....Right from the get go of his hiring was way over his head and had no clue....3 yrs later...still doesn't

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

Ended every play for how many consecutive diving into some Redblacks legs...non-intentional.

Really don't get why an organization or a coach will burn all their credibility for an average American DT.

and other funny quotes..."if you take away those penalties that game...he's done pretty good"...or something like that "if you are around him in locker room he's much better than before"...like wtf is that...obviously he's an idiot in house too....and don't even get me started on the helpful he's not racist comments.....this stuff just writes itself

Dickenson says in his weekly show that Marino basically couldn't exist in the locker room last season and is doing so much better now that they can't turn back on all that progress.

Good lord if that doesn't tell Rider fans how rotten their football operation is I don't know what will.

16 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Dickenson says in his weekly show that Marino basically couldn't exist in the locker room last season and is doing so much better now that they can't turn back on all that progress.

Good lord if that doesn't tell Rider fans how rotten their football operation is I don't know what will.

The Riders live or die by their public image as a community-owned team. O'Day has to be brain-dead if he ignores all this crap around Marino, not to mention all the other crap that has been happening starting with Chris Jones tenure there. 

I just don’t understand the Riders at all.

I don’t understand their executives, their coaching staff, their players, their fans. None of it. All of this bullshit is self-inflicted but from listening to the fans, you’d think it’s some kind of league wide conspiracy to keep them from being the juggernaut they’re meant to be.

Didn’t they voluntarily introduce some code of conduct that they continually fail to abide by? What other team has set themselves up for criticism by saying “we’re going to hold ourselves to a higher standard” then failing to come even close at every opportunity?

This constant narrative the fan base tries to drive that “this would only happen to a Rider” when it comes to league discipline is also just ridiculous. I felt like wasting a bunch of time, so I looked up the history of fines and suspensions handed out for on-field incidents since 2019. Only did the regular season, since I don’t feel like skewing the stats in weeks where not all the teams play. 

In 2019, there was one suspension handed out. To Simoni Lawrence. For a play against the Riders. 53 fines, Riders were only fined 4 times. Players were fined for plays made against the Riders a total of 6 times.

In 2021, there were 46 fines handed out for on-field incidents. Riders were fined a total of 8 times, including Marino twice. Players were fined for plays made against the Riders a total of 6 times.

In 2022 so far, 6 fines handed out (week 5 stuff comes out tomorrow) and the Riders have yet to be fined but players have been fined twice for plays made against the Riders.

That’s a total of 105 fines, 12 for plays made against the Riders and 12 against the Riders. One suspension, for a hit laid on a Rider. 

Where the hell is this league-wide conspiracy? That’s about as down the middle as can be.

For this franchise to go completely silent other than a defense of an absolute piece of **** in Marino is really a sign of how tone-deaf they are and I’m sure all of their fans are going to lap it up and scream and whine about how the league is against them when Dinosaur Boyd or whatever that pylon’s name is only gets a fine for his hit on Robertson tomorrow. If any Rider fans are reading this right now, here’s what it boils down to: nobody is conspiring against you. There’s no bias, no leniency, no plot to hold you down. You guys are treated fairly by the league, your team and fan base are just hated because you preach this superior moral compass but at the end of the day, you’re all just a bunch of fake, hypocritical crybabies who don’t have a clue.

Agreed on all that's been commented on...and it's baffling to see the lack of anything from the Riders addressing this in a formal matter....as well as no apology.... That is just flat out pathetic and just reeks of the classless mindset and how that organization operates.

Only thing they have said are half hearted "ya it's bad" but it's tainted with yea buts...defence of the loser cause he's made strides...and basic premise of it wasn't really that bad....and basically outed themselves that there were even internal issues while he was hurting the team last yr ..yet they continued to employ him as it got worse....and now Dickenson and his pathetic comments on twitter...and subsequent attempt to scrub them just confirmed where the problems lie...and it's squarely at the HC feet...and likely the GM's too ...just a sad state of affairs all around....how any decent character  player could even want to be part of that is hard to comprehend 

3 hours ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Hard to believe Craig Dickenson was the ST coordinator early on in O’Shea’s tenure here.  Maybe he interviewed well and then by the time his contract was up, they FIFO’d him the eff out?

I refuse to let you sully O'Shea good namr. MOS took over start of 2014. Dickenson was our STs co-ordinator for 1 year only (2013)... Man that was a terrible year.

And Marino is a pretty marginal CFL player.

Like if the nutcase was one of maybe 10 Canadians you have on your team who can start and play a prominent role maybe you defend him like this.

You could cut this guy and dress some DL off your PR and have zero effect on winning and losing.  If anything probably have a better chance of winning because you lose his 20 yards of penalties per game.

6 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Had to look it up but Dickenson was here in 2013 pre MOS.

2 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

I refuse to let you sully O'Shea good namr. MOS took over start of 2014. Dickenson was our STs co-ordinator for 1 year only (2013)... Man that was a terrible year.

Please accept my deepest apologies.  Clearly the trauma that was the 2013 season still runs deep… plus all the soothing booze and weed that year must have worked better than I thought!

16 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

And Marino is a pretty marginal CFL player.

Like if the nutcase was one of maybe 10 Canadians you have on your team who can start and play a prominent role maybe you defend him like this.

You could cut this guy and dress some DL off your PR and have zero effect on winning and losing.  If anything probably have a better chance of winning because you lose his 20 yards of penalties per game.

Agreed. Said it a few times, but he is just a nothing player. 

if he was not a cheap shoting circus of a person - we would never talk about him based on his ability. 

Edited by Geebrr

4 hours ago, Mike said:

I just don’t understand the Riders at all.

I don’t understand their executives, their coaching staff, their players, their fans. None of it. All of this bullshit is self-inflicted but from listening to the fans, you’d think it’s some kind of league wide conspiracy to keep them from being the juggernaut they’re meant to be.

Didn’t they voluntarily introduce some code of conduct that they continually fail to abide by? What other team has set themselves up for criticism by saying “we’re going to hold ourselves to a higher standard” then failing to come even close at every opportunity?

This constant narrative the fan base tries to drive that “this would only happen to a Rider” when it comes to league discipline is also just ridiculous. I felt like wasting a bunch of time, so I looked up the history of fines and suspensions handed out for on-field incidents since 2019. Only did the regular season, since I don’t feel like skewing the stats in weeks where not all the teams play. 

In 2019, there was one suspension handed out. To Simoni Lawrence. For a play against the Riders. 53 fines, Riders were only fined 4 times. Players were fined for plays made against the Riders a total of 6 times.

In 2021, there were 46 fines handed out for on-field incidents. Riders were fined a total of 8 times, including Marino twice. Players were fined for plays made against the Riders a total of 6 times.

In 2022 so far, 6 fines handed out (week 5 stuff comes out tomorrow) and the Riders have yet to be fined but players have been fined twice for plays made against the Riders.

That’s a total of 105 fines, 12 for plays made against the Riders and 12 against the Riders. One suspension, for a hit laid on a Rider. 

Where the hell is this league-wide conspiracy? That’s about as down the middle as can be.

For this franchise to go completely silent other than a defense of an absolute piece of **** in Marino is really a sign of how tone-deaf they are and I’m sure all of their fans are going to lap it up and scream and whine about how the league is against them when Dinosaur Boyd or whatever that pylon’s name is only gets a fine for his hit on Robertson tomorrow. If any Rider fans are reading this right now, here’s what it boils down to: nobody is conspiring against you. There’s no bias, no leniency, no plot to hold you down. You guys are treated fairly by the league, your team and fan base are just hated because you preach this superior moral compass but at the end of the day, you’re all just a bunch of fake, hypocritical crybabies who don’t have a clue.

Plus, we are talking about a poverty franchise that has won 4 Cups in their entire existence and still feels other fans can’t handle how good they are.

We are going to do in 3 years what took them 100.

9 hours ago, Booch said:

Agreed on all that's been commented on...and it's baffling to see the lack of anything from the Riders addressing this in a formal matter....as well as no apology.... That is just flat out pathetic and just reeks of the classless mindset and how that organization operates.

Only thing they have said are half hearted "ya it's bad" but it's tainted with yea buts...defence of the loser cause he's made strides...and basic premise of it wasn't really that bad....and basically outed themselves that there were even internal issues while he was hurting the team last yr ..yet they continued to employ him as it got worse....and now Dickenson and his pathetic comments on twitter...and subsequent attempt to scrub them just confirmed where the problems lie...and it's squarely at the HC feet...and likely the GM's too ...just a sad state of affairs all around....how any decent character  player could even want to be part of that is hard to comprehend 

To illustrate your point It is likely the root reason why outstanding football players like Willie Jefferson left town. Marino is a complete tool, he was disliked in his own locker room last year, and they made him a healthy scratch in the playoffs because they didn't trust him not to cost them the game in penalty yardage.....but hey Micah had enough of the clown show so they were desperate for a NT....let's roll with Marino again. SMH. This is on coaching, management, and scouting. Hanging on to an average DT despite the fact he has seriously tarnished your brand is just a failure on so many levels of football operations.