2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

I’m just going to say it to make sure it gets said, because he takes a lot of (needless) criticism on here. Props to Duke Williams for stepping up and speaking up about the Marino hit and publicly saying it’s not okay.

I hate to say it because I’d rather the Riders just be an absolute tire fire, but that’s a good sign of leadership they’ve been missing for a while. Good for him.

25 minutes ago, Mike said:

I’m just going to say it to make sure it gets said, because he takes a lot of (needless) criticism on here. Props to Duke Williams for stepping up and speaking up about the Marino hit and publicly saying it’s not okay.

I hate to say it because I’d rather the Riders just be an absolute tire fire, but that’s a good sign of leadership they’ve been missing for a while. Good for him.

Now was this after he gouged him in the eye or spat on him?

I kid, I kid- is there a link?

56 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

“I sure hope Masoli is okay. I hope it’s not too bad. Garrett does feel bad about it and we’ll have a discussion with him.”

“We’ll do something to make sure that he understands that’s not how we play. That’s not what we coach. That’s not what we want to do. That’s not part of how we expect our team to play football so I was disappointed.”

Dickenson pointed to a separate play only a few minutes earlier when Riders’ defensive lineman and CFL sack leader Pete Robertson was injured on a questionable hit from Redblacks’ offensive lineman Dino Boyd as a cause for the debacle.

“I think the defence was upset that Pete got hurt,” Dickenson said.

So, we are upset he did it (at least publicly) but we totally understand why he did it and then acted completely on brand with exactly what he is after he did it. 

Dickenson wasn’t entirely convinced the hit itself was that bad.

“I was disappointed in the antics,” he stressed. “He’s (Marino) trying to beat a guy around the edge and I don’t know if he necessarily even tried to go low. He did go low but it was the antics afterward that really, I think, prompted the reaction from Ottawa’s bench and then ultimately resulted in him getting kicked out of the game.”

Zero accountability. Going low is illegal and he was diving at people’s legs numerous times.

”Didn’t try to go low”

To quote the great Pierre McGuire “this guy goes down easier than beer at a frat party”

Edited by Geebrr

Why is no media showing the clip where Marino dove at the ankle of the Ottawa offensive lineman and twisted it even before the garbage on Masoli?!?!? The lineman had his back to him and wasnt even involved in the play. If that isnt intent to injure then im Cody Fajardo's number #1 fan(sorry Suitor).

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

19 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Why is no media showing the clip where Marino dove at the ankle of the Ottawa offensive lineman and twisted it even before the garbage on Masoli?!?!? The lineman had his back to him and wasnt even involved in the play. If that isnt intent to injure then im Cody Fajardo's number #1 fan(sorry Suitor).

I’m going to use the Fardo’s number 1 fan joke, as the apology is hilarious. 
I hope this video is added to the mounting evidence against Marashino. He obviously has no need to tackle a lineman. 
im still SMH over Dikersons deflection and obvious attempt to minimize the offenders crime. 
not everyone can spot the coaches advocacy. He is advancing the criminals defence. He is not instilling ownership.

Edited by Rod Black

2 hours ago, Mike said:

I cant give any props to a player who says that.....any halfway decent player/person should...he also said he would stand by him and defend him....and from a chronic problem in the league himself with less than savoury things done....in my days I have seen and be part of a team where it was brought to management that a certain player wasn't liked or wanted in the room...and mysteriously they were moved

And as for Diclesson's comment...and Garret feels bad...thats bull crap...where has he said that personally....he was more proud than feeling bad...typical Rider deflection and protection of asshatery....don't buy it for a minute...he also in his pea brained mind thinks it was basically accidental and not that bad....and oooo....the defense was mad....so that crap is ok?..cmon man...he's just as much a loser as the guys he is rostering...plain and simple...cut and dried....

11 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

I’m going to use the Fardo’s number 1 fan joke as the apology is hilarious. 
I hope this video is added to the mounting evidence against Marashino. He obviously has no need to tackle a lineman. 
im still SMH over Dikersons deflection and obvious attempt to minimize the offenders crime. 

100 percent...that whole organizatioon...they havnt addressed anything really in media or social media...garbage organization to the core

11 minutes ago, Booch said:

I cant give any props to a player who says that.....any halfway decent player/person should...he also said he would stand by him and defend him....and from a chronic problem in the league himself with less than savoury things done....in my days I have seen and be part of a team where it was brought to management that a certain player wasn't liked or wanted in the room...and mysteriously they were moved

And as for Diclesson's comment...and Garret feels bad...thats bull crap...where has he said that personally....he was more proud than feeling bad...typical Rider deflection and protection of asshatery....don't buy it for a minute...he also in his pea brained mind thinks it was basically accidental and not that bad....and oooo....the defense was mad....so that crap is ok?..cmon man...he's just as much a loser as the guys he is rostering...plain and simple...cut and dried....

100 percent...that whole organizatioon...they havnt addressed anything really in media or social media...garbage organization to the core

It’s a real attempt to move the decision to the back pages. Colour the investigation. Provide an excuse before all facts are considered. They could have handled this much like the more sophisticated Blue with Lawlers crime. “We take it seriously and are investigating..…” - that’s big league and believable. Not a smidge of repentance from riders and friends. 

Edited by Rod Black

3 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

It’s a real attempt to move the decision to the back pages. Colour the investigation. Provide an excuse before all facts are considered. They could have handled this much like the more sophisticated Blue with Lawlers crime. “We take it seriously and are investigating..…” - that’s big league and believable. Not a smidge of repentance from riders and friends. 

yeah nothing...even a simple we are gonna sit him down for a week while the league decides what they will do, and totally condemn what he did...without the friggin "yea but" crap attached to what he has said to date

41 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Ya that's a brutal clip. Hard to argue diving at and wrapping up an oline's shins is anything other than intent to injury. What did he think that he was the ball carrier?

Haven't seen a clip of the play by Boyd on Roberston that Rider fans are so mad at. Anyone have it?

14 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Ya that's a brutal clip. Hard to argue diving at and wrapping up an oline's shins is anything other than intent to injury. What did he think that he was the ball carrier?

Haven't seen a clip of the play by Boyd on Roberston that Rider fans are so mad at. Anyone have it?

it's around in places, I don't have the link handy but it's not a great play. OL definitely wanted to jump on a guy who was down. I think the injury happened as the rider was trying to get up as big fat OL is coming down on him and the ankle just too much weight on it. 

Basically that one was a bad play that unintentionally wound up as an injury vs. Marino deciding that he was gonna go after any and every leg he could find to try and "even the score"

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

it's around in places, I don't have the link handy but it's not a great play. OL definitely wanted to jump on a guy who was down. I think the injury happened as the rider was trying to get up as big fat OL is coming down on him and the ankle just too much weight on it. 

Basically that one was a bad play that unintentionally wound up as an injury vs. Marino deciding that he was gonna go after any and every leg he could find to try and "even the score"

yup...the ott Oline guy was a late hit, and a certain penaly, but wasn't a pre meditated thing, nor an intent to break a leg or wreck a knee....but that's exactly what Marion's hit was, and the one previous to that as well where he went straight at that linemans leg....and not to condone what the Ott lineman did...but probably more than certain he took a shot where he seen one as a payback for the garbage that rider players do in the pile....Not certain that Robertson is one of those guys, but know for a fact from talking with current players who are on the filed on several teams that Marino and Lanier are guys who do it...as well as that dork Mak Henry tho he took his idiot show over to Jones in Edm...but obviously it's a culture there, and who knows where it originates from

Edited by Booch

17 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Dereksen called it being upset but your description is way more accurate.