2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

38 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I believe a 36 year old Trevor Harris gives Montreal the best chance to win. I mean atleast If you look at his numbers statistically. He can throw the ball and limit his turnovers, Adam’s may have that X factor to take over a game but his play is wildly inconsistent. 

Look at the most important numbers though. Trevor Harris does not put the ball into the endzone. He didn't in Ott, he didn't in EDM or MTL last year. Maybe he's figured it out, but I not betting on it. I'll take Adams over Harris 100% of the time.

50 minutes ago, bb1 said:

But he almost beat us in the last 2 finals....i get the hate but to suggest he is not a least a competitor and competent Qb ,kind  of downplays our wins does it not?

He rallies fairly well, but fails when it's mattered most. Also without the Defense he has, none of those games are even remotely close.

10 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Not really, he puts up points (see week 1). but also interceptions.

He threw one touchdown in week 1?? They have similar stats. 

And. Harris' production, is much better over his career. 

Edited by JCon

13 minutes ago, JCon said:

Last year, TSN was selling the idea that VAJ was the face of the league. I can't remember if it was Farhan or Dave. 

Unless it was 3Down? But, I'm certain it was TSN. 

In all fairness last year was a transition period between the old and new guard, and the QB play was pretty awful. Adam’s was pretty decent in 2019, they were just trying to hype one of the few established “younger” quarterbacks that were in the league. 

Just now, Arnold_Palmer said:

In all fairness last year was a transition period between the old and new guard, and the QB play was pretty awful. Adam’s was pretty decent in 2019, they were just trying to hype one of the few established “younger” quarterbacks that were in the league. 

Yes, but VAJ is the same as he always has been. Honestly, anyone out of the PAC 10 gets Farhan all hot and bothered, so I bet it was him. 

3 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I'll never support or get behind VAJ after the helmet swinging incident with Biggie, along with staying in the game, and the league basically looking the other way. (especially with a similar instance at the time in the NFL and that guy got severely punished) Not gonna be a fan of that guy ever.

10 minutes ago, JCon said:

He threw one touchdown in week 1?? They have similar stats. 

And. Harris' production, is much better over his career. 

Lol I suppose I should have actually looked at his stats before saying that. But I swore he had a couple td passes that game.

Harris will definitely move the ball, but I just don't ha e any faith in him to put his team in a position to score.

26 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Look at the most important numbers though. Trevor Harris does not put the ball into the endzone. He didn't in Ott, he didn't in EDM or MTL last year. Maybe he's figured it out, but I not betting on it. I'll take Adams over Harris 100% of the time.

He rallies fairly well, but fails when it's mattered most. Also without the Defense he has, none of those games are even remotely close.

This is my thought too. But maybe another run scheme will help. 
 Also if I was in the red zone in mtl I’d call iso fade routes to td jake that guy has an amazing catch radius. 

kine of merging the two discussion points, would you rather have cf or Harris at qb this season? 
18/19 Harris had 44 tds 17 picks. 9344 combined yards.
19/21 cf had 46 tds 19 picks 8351 combined yards.  both in 31 games. 

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Also if I was in the red zone in mtl I’d call iso fade routes to td jake that guy has an amazing catch radius. 

kine of merging the two discussion points, would you rather have cf or Harris at qb this season? 

If they were the same age ,that is a tough one.Harris throws a better deep ball,CF is more mobile. But right now you would have to lean towards CF imo...but that is a good comparison.

Edited by bb1

1 hour ago, bb1 said:

If they were the same age ,that is a tough one.Harris throws a better deep ball,CF is more mobile. But right now you would have to lean towards CF imo...but that is good comparison.

I was kind of leaning the same way. For a season I’d go with cf narrowly. For a single game I might go with Harris because he can hit the broad side of a barn deep. Both are about as un clutch I think. 

14 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Harris was better in his prime 100 percent. 

I can’t ever imagine cf throwing 4600 yards 30 tds 11 ints or comparable quality. 

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

One other interesting stat: Record as a starter. Harris 36-37-2, Fajardo 23-8. 

7 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

One other interesting stat: Record as a starter. Harris 36-37-2, Fajardo 23-8. 

Personally I don’t put any stock in qb records. I think it’s more a curio then a metric. like our record when blink / harris ran for 100 yards or more. 
 If you put that range harris on the riders They might do worse because of the ol and mobility. But if you put cf on the harris teams I think they’d be much much worse. 

if either was the rbs qb this year I think we’d have creamed them bad. 

7 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

"Elks release Martese Jackson, Shai Ross in flurry of moves - CFL.ca" https://www.cfl.ca/2022/06/21/elks-release-martese-jackson-shai-ross-in-flurry-of-moves/

Anyone think Shai is worth a look?

discussed all of this a few pages back in this thread.....yes, local guy, bring him in. 

How many of those games did the riders won because the other team missed makeable field goals,  was playing a no name QB or the gamw was cancelled early due to rain? By my count the last two seasons the Riders have 11 wins that were a coin flip away from being losses (this is regarding Cody's "win" record)

Edited by BagBlieBulls