2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

7 hours ago, Wideleft said:

I have a $700 suit, but it only maybe gets used for weddings or funerals which are fortunately few and far between.

Not going to wear it just because it cost too much.

Yeh I got a real nice custom suit for interviews, weddings and funerals... that I need to go get let out after gaining 15 lbs during covid 😞

On 2022-06-17 at 11:46 PM, BomberfanMKS said:

Yeh I got a real nice custom suit for interviews, weddings and funerals... that I need to go get let out after gaining 15 lbs during covid 😞

I feel like vaj is a gentle breeze from being traded and Harris being anointed the new starter.  Maybe sent to edm. 
 His last good game was week 8 of last year vs the Toronto in turmoil team. He had one really good game last year and that was vs ott. 

He’s still a guy stuck between being a back up and a starter imo. 

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I feel like vaj is a gentle breeze from being traded and Harris being anointed the new starter.  Maybe sent to edm. 
 His last good game was week 8 of last year vs the Toronto in turmoil team. He had one really good game last year and that was vs ott. 

He’s still a guy stuck between being a back up and a starter imo. 

He played well against CGY, started off rough but bounced back nicely I thought. And then didn't get a chance to do anything last week. I still can't believe a coach would pull a QB after 4 pass attempts lol. 

But I do agree he's likely to be traded, there has to be some tension in the locker room around this situation.

He has the potential to be a great starter, but seems to have a hard time putting everything together consistently.

29 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

He played well against CGY, started off rough but bounced back nicely I thought. And then didn't get a chance to do anything last week. I still can't believe a coach would pull a QB after 4 pass attempts lol. 

But I do agree he's likely to be traded, there has to be some tension in the locker room around this situation.

He has the potential to be a great starter, but seems to have a hard time putting everything together consistently.

There's been tension there for months.  Adams was pretty mad back in February when Harris re-signed so I'm sure getting benched after only throwing 4 passes isn't sitting all that well with him.

32 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Vaj can’t execute the rpo khari runs reliably. He just makes terrible decisions. 4 passes is kinda silly. 

yeah and he’s still young enough to have his best ball in front of him. It’ll be interesting to see what he nets. 

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

This ******* quote from Faj..... he is so much like Burris. He really thinks he's just the greatest thing. Reads all his own press clippings and is so proud of himself all the time....

I’m starting to think Fajardo lives rent free in the minds of some of you guys lol

that’s an absolutely nothing quote. If Collaros said that, we’d be happy to praise him for it

he does read his clipping's tho and believes his hype....thats why he pouts when he cant match his initials success in 2019 until teams figured out his deal...or criticize him....he does make a great second option and in game replacement due to an injury to get you through a game...but as a leader and a guy to take u all the way...nope....and dude is 30 too...so is what he is....his upside has been reached and will only regress

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

he does read his clipping's tho and believes his hype....thats why he pouts when he cant match his initials success in 2019 until teams figured out his deal...or criticize him....he does make a great second option and in game replacement due to an injury to get you through a game...but as a leader and a guy to take u all the way...nope....and dude is 30 too...so is what he is....his upside has been reached and will only regress

he's a big time whiner...same as Hank was. When Burris came off the bench just prior to the RBs GC win, supposedly injured, but stepped in and won that day, I'll always remember his back patting "What more do I have to do in this game??" (to prove how great he is).......and it's the same thing with CoFaj. "Siiiiiiigh, I'll tough it out...like I always do........" (because I'm such a tough guy.....) 

4 hours ago, Mike said:

I’m starting to think Fajardo lives rent free in the minds of some of you guys lol

that’s an absolutely nothing quote. If Collaros said that, we’d be happy to praise him for it

Big cultural difference between the two though. I don’t think any one would argue that cf puts out a couple toxic quotes and or events each year. 
 Collaros would never throw his wrs under the bus for instance. 

Edited by wbbfan

18 hours ago, Mike said:

To be completely honest I don’t hate Fajardo because he’s simply not good enough for me to hate, I’ve never once been worried about the prospect of Fajardo carving up our defence.

only real success the Faj has against us is broken plays, and penalty aided drives....which we dont allow often...so it's broken plays....the odd intermediate pass, but thats about it...how many TD's has he produced against us since 2019 anyway...maybe 3..4....in like what 8 games

Jones just sunk his own ship. He'll be gone before the end of the year.

2 hours ago, Booch said:

only real success the Faj has against us is broken plays, and penalty aided drives....which we dont allow often...so it's broken plays....the odd intermediate pass, but thats about it...how many TD's has he produced against us since 2019 anyway...maybe 3..4....in like what 8 games

I had to go look it up. In 4 games in 2019 he generated 3 Tds. 2 passing and 1 rushing. In 3 games in 2021 he generated 1 TD which was passing. So in total he has 4 TDs in 7 games.

Edited by Bigblue204

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I had to go look it up. In 4 games in 2019 he generated 3 Tds. 2 passing and 1 rushing. In 3 games in 2020 he generated 1 TD which was passing. So in total he has 4 TDs in 7 games.

yeah I figured it was in that range.....and cant see it getting better this yr...so bridesmaid again to us....if they even get a playoff game vs us

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Vernon Adams is fun to watch but he does make a ton of boneheaded game losing plays. I really think Harris gives them a better chance of winning week-in-week-out.

I think as always this will lead to a lot of yards and not enough tds with Harris at qb. But just the top and consistent yards should be good. 

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

I had to go look it up. In 4 games in 2019 he generated 3 Tds. 2 passing and 1 rushing. In 3 games in 2020 he generated 1 TD which was passing. So in total he has 4 TDs in 7 games.

But he almost beat us in the last 2 finals....i get the hate but to suggest he is not a least a competitor and competent Qb ,kind  of downplays our wins does it not?

4 minutes ago, bb1 said:

But he almost beat us in the last 2 finals....i get the hate but to suggest he is not a least a competitor and competent Qb ,kind  of downplays our wins does it not?

their defence kept it close and gave us a challenge....If they had a legit top tier QB....It would have been nail biting and they may have beat us in one of the last few games.....and thankfully he isn't, and we saw the results...we saw what happened with us once we got that type of QB...Went from being at the doorstep but not being able to walk thru it...to kicking that door in and ...well....going B2B

Edited by Booch

6 minutes ago, bb1 said:

*HE* absolutely didn't almost do anything, other than consistently over-throw and otherwise outright miss receivers. As Booch has mentioned, he has nothing outside of broken plays where he runs around and acts like he's lost. Worst arm of any starting QB in the league. 

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I believe a 36 year old Trevor Harris gives Montreal the best chance to win. I mean atleast If you look at his numbers statistically. He can throw the ball and limit his turnovers, Adam’s may have that X factor to take over a game but his play is wildly inconsistent. 

29 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I believe a 36 year old Trevor Harris gives Montreal the best chance to win. I mean atleast If you look at his numbers statistically. He can throw the ball and limit his turnovers, Adam’s may have that X factor to take over a game but his play is wildly inconsistent. 

AGREE.....I think Als have better chance to win this week with Harris....he's seen pretty much everything the Riders will toss out there..Adams nope...and would been making mental errors left and right