2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

On 2022-06-15 at 10:57 AM, Noeller said:

I'm far too much of a mess to be wearing white anything at any time..... I do own a white DB97 jersey, but I'll never ever wear it because it'll be ruined in no time. 

i have 3 Bomber jerseys & few NFL & NHL jerseys. I take them off if I'm eatingI'd rather ruin a shirt than a jersey. 

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

i have 3 Bomber jerseys & few NFL & NHL jerseys. I take them off if I'm eatingI'd rather ruin a shirt than a jersey. 

Do you guys not wash your jerseys?

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

If I just spent $209 for a blue jersey I'm not wearing a white shirt to the game. Give your head a shake. Jerseys are expensive. It is a ridiculous idea. It's a legit beef.

I'm about to order a home blue. I haven't decided which legends name I'll select yet. Not ordering white. 

I do like to mix it up. My last one was white, my new one this year is blue.

2 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Do you guys not wash your jerseys?

I do like to mix it up. My last one was white, my new one this year is blue.

that's a real good way to wreck 'em. I only wear jerseys on game day, and work very hard to not get anything on them. Also only wear jerseys over top another shirt to prevent sweat getting in/on the jersey. If they DO need to be washed, turn them inside out and never run 'em through the dryer. Air dry 'em always. 

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

that's a real good way to wreck 'em. I only wear jerseys on game day, and work very hard to not get anything on them. Also only wear jerseys over top another shirt to prevent sweat getting in/on the jersey. If they DO need to be washed, turn them inside out and never run 'em through the dryer. Air dry 'em always. 

Absolutely wash them correctly - and only if you need to.

But I'm certainly not layering on a 30-degree day in the summer or worrying about taking it off and on for every bite of food every game day.

38 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Absolutely wash them correctly - and only if you need to.

But I'm certainly not layering on a 30-degree day in the summer or worrying about taking it off and on for every bite of food every game day.

I like the game worn look. Mustard, beer, Bloody Caesar, massive ring around the collar, all authentic. Can be a real icebreaker. The line is drawn at stinky.  

Edited by Rod Black

13 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I hear ya....my pro stitch white Jets jersey has never been worn for that reason. The Blue one...all good...but I am a slob that eats with his chin, chest and hands and I tend to love stuff that will stain the **** out of anything white.

17 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Why did you even buy it then?

to hang in the collection?

I have I think somewhere around 20 (maybe more??) Bombers jerseys, from the 80s versions to the current versions. Every one of those "Retro" things they released around 2010, representing the 50s, 60s, 70s, etc. I have some signed (Brown, Pop, Stegall...) most not. Virtually all hang in my basement and never get worn...just part of the collection. The one I wear on Game Days is a Walby that's from 88-90ish (one of many eBay purchases) because it's virtually undefeated. If we go on an extended losing streak (may the spaghetti monster in the sky have mercy on us all...) then I'll mix it up and a different jersey becomes the one I wear and this one will go back up on the wall. 

So, short story long, there's lots of reasons to have jerseys....

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I have I think somewhere around 20 (maybe more??) Bombers jerseys, from the 80s versions to the current versions. Every one of those "Retro" things they released around 2010, representing the 50s, 60s, 70s, etc. I have some signed (Brown, Pop, Stegall...) most not. Virtually all hang in my basement and never get worn...just part of the collection. The one I wear on Game Days is a Walby that's from 88-90ish (one of many eBay purchases) because it's virtually undefeated. If we go on an extended losing streak (may the spaghetti monster in the sky have mercy on us all...) then I'll mix it up and a different jersey becomes the one I wear and this one will go back up on the wall. 

I get that if they are framed and on permanent display. But I wonder why someone would spend hundreds on clothing that is just going to hang in a closet because you don’t want to get it dirty?  Ah well, to each their own. 

Just now, TrueBlue4ever said:

I get that if they are framed and on permanent display. But I wonder why someone would spend hundreds on clothing that is just going to hang in a closet because you don’t want to get it dirty?  Ah well, to each their own. 

Some people are proud of the championship rings they bought to put in a drawer. 

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

Some people are proud of the championship rings they bought to put in a drawer. 

Ok. Whatever one’s preference is. I have my replica ones displayed in my work office, the customized fan ring I got I wear all the time. Polish it up if it gets dull. Again, to each their own, I just know I didn’t drop a lot of cash on a clothing item to keep it hidden away, and if I wasn’t going to seal it in a glass frame and was worried about staining it, I’d have second thoughts about getting it in the first place.  

Just to hang in a closet is a bit odd, but I guess if you don't have the space to display them... When my wife and I finished our basement a couple years back, we made the conscious decision to make it a space for watching sports. We have a "feature" wall in royal blue, a giant "fat head" (removable) sticker of the Bombers W that takes up most of a wall, an Eastman flag, a 11x GC Champs flag, a regular W flag, and then all the jerseys in virtually every space elsewhere. Stoddard, Stegall, Armstrong, Dunigan, Muamba, Brown (Royal Blue circa 2010), Brown (White circa 2005), Roberts, Khari, Glenn, Buck, Poplawski, Walby (White 1950s-ish retro they did up in 2010ish), Walby (1988-90 era blue). The wife has a Khari in dark blue, Corey Watson from 2012ish, a couple blank ones, and her current wearable is a pro stitched Bighil that I got for her last year. I think there's a couple old screen prints (Dinwiddie, Brady Browne - don't ask - and my first ever jersey was a $50 Stegall screen print from 2006 that the Bomber Store was clearing out).....

4 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Ok. Whatever one’s preference is. I have my replica ones displayed in my work office, the customized fan ring I got I wear all the time. Polish it up if it gets dull. Again, to each their own, I just know I didn’t drop a lot of cash on a clothing item to keep it hidden away, and if I wasn’t going to seal it in a glass frame and was worried about staining it, I’d have second thoughts about getting it in the first place.  

You're hilarious. 

"I can't understand why someone would buy something just to hang it up! I'm superior because bought something for a shelf." 

Edited by JCon

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Just to hang in a closet is a bit odd, but I guess if you don't have the space to display them... When my wife and I finished our basement a couple years back, we made the conscious decision to make it a space for watching sports. We have a "feature" wall in royal blue, a giant "fat head" (removable) sticker of the Bombers W that takes up most of a wall, an Eastman flag, a 11x GC Champs flag, a regular W flag, and then all the jerseys in virtually every space elsewhere. Stoddard, Stegall, Armstrong, Dunigan, Muamba, Brown (Royal Blue circa 2010), Brown (White circa 2005), Roberts, Khari, Glenn, Buck, Poplawski, Walby (White 1950s-ish retro they did up in 2010ish), Walby (1988-90 era blue). The wife has a Khari in dark blue, Corey Watson from 2012ish, a couple blank ones, and her current wearable is a pro stitched Bighil that I got for her last year. I think there's a couple old screen prints (Dinwiddie, Brady Browne - don't ask - and my first ever jersey was a $50 Stegall screen print from 2006 that the Bomber Store was clearing out).....

That sounds like a nice set-up. That makes sense to me. I was just confused by the original statement because it came across as “I bought this really nice jersey but I’m afraid to ever wear it because it might get dirty, so I’m never going to”. If they said it was on display or the intent of the purchase was to display it all along it would make sense to me. 

they said he hurt himself during practice this week, but who knows for sure. Either way, that's one less big receiver to go and get the errant passes of CoFaj, who couldn't hit a barn with a shovel full of peas.....

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

they said he hurt himself during practice this week, but who knows for sure. Either way, that's one less big receiver to go and get the errant passes of CoFaj, who couldn't hit a barn with a shovel full of peas.....

Im sure thats what they will say...we do know and been proven last year Dickie Boi tends to not tell truth

And yeah...I think all but 1 of the Faj's intermediate to deep passes that he completed were way high...behind and generally not on target

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

I have a $700 suit, but it only maybe gets used for weddings or funerals which are fortunately few and far between.

Not going to wear it just because it cost too much.