2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

19 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Of all the weird things people complain about on this board, this one takes the cake. 

Y’all know you aren’t forced to buy a white jersey. Any white shirt will do. 

Will you be wearing white to the game? 

-----

It's okay to think it's a bad idea and no one is dying on any hill. That's just weird hyperbole.

10 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

What’s wrong with wearing white for one game? A cool homage to the Winnipeg Jets, I like when teams in the community support each other. Seems like a weird hill to die on, almost like TBERGS when he’s fist pumping that there was no flag called on the Schoen and Colloras hit. 

It would be absolutley fine - I think the confusing part is the lack of advertising.

One message in-house during the game and literally nothing else.

11 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

What’s wrong with wearing white for one game? A cool homage to the Winnipeg Jets, I like when teams in the community support each other. 

Huh, I thought it was more of a tip of the hat to back-to-back Grey Cups wearing our road unis. If it isn't- I think it should be. 

Just now, Booch said:

well the game is a couple weeks away basically...lots of time to advertise it....cripes...2 days before would be fine really

Not if you want people to actually wear white.

Just now, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Huh, I thought it was more of a tip of the hat to back-to-back Grey Cups wearing our road unis. If it isn't- I think it should be. 

I was laughing with a buddy that they planned this in the off-season expecting the Jets to be in the Cup final right now (which would be perfect timing), and now have al those unuseable promos. 

16 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

That’s exactly what it is. They even said that at the last game when they were promoting it. Which is why they chose the Hamilton game to do it. And why the Bombers are wearing their road jerseys for the game. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

Not if you want people to actually wear white.

I was laughing with a buddy that they planned this in the off-season expecting the Jets to be in the Cup final right now (which would be perfect timing), and now have al those unuseable promos. 

wtf??...it takes you weeeks to decide on a frigin shirt??...

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

wtf??...it takes you weeeks to decide on a frigin shirt??...

I think that a) people are forgettful and need several reminders, and b) may not be exposed to any BB advertisments if they only do it for a couple of days.

If you realistically want engagment, there needs to be a blanket approach. Have it planned pre-season so it's on the schedule/ticket, social media and old schools ads, cheap shirts/jerseys on for sale during the lead up.

7 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I missed the part about it being a tip of the hat to the back to back GCs. That at least makes it make sense.

Yeah I was obviously talking out of my ass, admittedly I haven’t heard of anything to do regarding this promo, so when I heard white out I only assumed it was to do with the Jets. My bad. 

Edited by Arnold_Palmer

I don't have a problem wearing white. But, all my Bomber gear is (appropriately) blue.

But, I think it's going to look weird because this is not well promoted. They flashed the banner during the game and had one announcement. I didn't see a single reference to the GCs? 

So, if they want people to wear white, they better get going!

Edited by JCon

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl-fines-simoni-lawrence-sherrod-baltimore-raheem-wilson-hamilton-tiger-cats-ottawa-redblacks-1.1813500

The Canadian Football League announced fines for three players following Week 1 action.

Hamilton Tiger-Cats linebacker Simoni Lawrence and defensive backs Sherrod Baltimore of the Ottawa Redblacks and the Calgary Stampeders' Raheem Wilson were all levied fines on Wednesday.

Lawrence was fined for a high hit to Saskatchewan Roughriders quarterback Cody Fajardo in Saturday's 30-13 loss in Regina.

Baltimore saw a fine for high hit on Winnipeg Blue Bombers wide receiver Dalton Schoen in Friday's 19-17 loss in Winnipeg.

Wilson was dinged for a high hit on Montreal Alouettes running back Jeshrun Antwi during Thursday's 30-27 victory at McMahon Stadium.

As per CFL policy, the amounts of the fines were undisclosed.

On 2022-06-15 at 9:43 AM, TrueBlue4ever said:

Of all the weird things people complain about on this board, this one takes the cake. 

Y’all know you aren’t forced to buy a white jersey. Any white shirt will do. 

If I just spent $209 for a blue jersey I'm not wearing a white shirt to the game. Give your head a shake. Jerseys are expensive. It is a ridiculous idea. It's a legit beef.

On 2022-06-15 at 11:03 AM, JCon said:

I don't have a problem wearing white. But, all my Bomber gear is (appropriately) blue.

But, I think it's going to look weird because this is not well promoted. They flashed the banner during the game and had one announcement. I didn't see a single reference to the GCs? 

So, if they want people to wear white, they better get going!

I'm about to order a home blue. I haven't decided which legends name I'll select yet. Not ordering white. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27