2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

9 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Hmmm, had not factored him in originally, an oversight on my part. Definitely behind Walby, maybe ahead of Pop and Cameron depending on my mood. Apples to oranges positional comparisons are tough. 

Doug Brown is the best DT to ever play the CFL game, regardless of birth certificate. He and Walby are 1 and 1a for Best Canadian Bombers, and both are Top 5 Bombers with Milt, Ploen and someone else...

11 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Doug Brown is the best DT to ever play the CFL game, regardless of birth certificate. He and Walby are 1 and 1a for Best Canadian Bombers, and both are Top 5 Bombers with Milt, Ploen and someone else...

Better than John Helton? Certainly worthy of a debate. Eras are tough to compare, just like comparisons between positions. I do think Brown has a legit argument, but Helton was above and beyond everyone of his era by a lot. 

33 minutes ago, Noeller said:

100% and the 5th is Bryant. 

15 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

MTL trades a 6th round draft pick to the L'ks for RB Fletcher. This could be absolutely huge for the ALs. I thought Fletcher was great last year in his few opportunities. 

What a sick trade for mtl. 

Ok this IS about the Bombers, but I wasn't sure where else to put it. The Bombers are planning a "whiteout" game for the next home game. Which I hate on multiple levels. But I heard the bombers will be wearing their away jerseys for that game. Is there any truth to this?

Edited by Bigblue204

19 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Ok this IS about the Bombers, but I wasn't sure where else to put it. The Bombers are planning a "whiteout" game for the next home game. Which I hate on multiple levels. But I heard the bombers will be wearing their away jerseys for that game. Is there any truth to this?

Yes, they were advertising it in the stadium throughout the last game.

42 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Yup. Terrible idea. They did advertise it during the game and the players are wearing white. So, pull out your away jerseys! Or, don't cause I doubt many will wear white. 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

Yup. Terrible idea. They did advertise it during the game and the players are wearing white. So, pull out your away jerseys! Or, don't cause I doubt many will wear white. 

The stadium - after so many years of jersey/colour changes - is finally filling up with these beautiful blue jerseys.....

....and they try to do a white out.

(with zero advertising that I'm aware of)

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

The stadium - after so many years of jersey/colour changes - is finally filling up with these beautiful blue jerseys.....

....and they try to do a white out.

(with zero advertising that I'm aware of)

Exactly! 

But, let's give them the benefit of the doubt that they are going to blitz advertising for the next week and that, maybe, this will be an annual thing. Let momentum build. 

One can only hope. 

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

Exactly! 

But, let's give them the benefit of the doubt that they are going to blitz advertising for the next week and that, maybe, this will be an annual thing. Let momentum build. 

One can only hope. 

The only way this would have a shot at working if it was planned and advertised in the off-season.

45 minutes ago, JCon said:

It's just lazy and over done if you ask me. And like others have said, the seats are filled with blue jerseys....if this wasn't about selling more jerseys and making money it would be better to play off that. Blue wave, blue carpet bombing, sea of blue etc etc etc. Why take us back to winter with a thing that doesn't represent the bombers? I'm wearing blue either way.

I'm wondering if the club was "forced" to wear white for this game (for whatever reason) and so the club scrambled to try and turn it into something, and this was the best they could come up with....rather than it being their intention from the beginning. It definitely seems odd...

12 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

It's just lazy and over done if you ask me. And like others have said, the seats are filled with blue jerseys....if this wasn't about selling more jerseys and making money it would be better to play off that. Blue wave, blue carpet bombing, sea of blue etc etc etc. Why take us back to winter with a thing that doesn't represent the bombers? I'm wearing blue either way.

Just bought a new blue jersey.  So I will be wearing blue as well.

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm wondering if the club was "forced" to wear white for this game (for whatever reason) and so the club scrambled to try and turn it into something, and this was the best they could come up with....rather than it being their intention from the beginning. It definitely seems odd...

As far as I'm aware, the home team always gets to decide what jerseys to wear. This screams as a cash grab attempt.

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

As far as I'm aware, the home team always gets to decide what jerseys to wear. This screams as a cash grab attempt.

If it was a cash grab, there would be advertising and new white merch to buy..

....if they're trying to make money, they're doing it very poorly.