2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

20 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Shocked, appalled and stunned.

giphy.gif

I wish Harris well but man did he ever open his pie hole & burn bridges when he left here in February. He was a great back who helped us win 2 Grey Cups. He was one of the most loved player in Bomber history. The way he left was just sad. Now, it looks like he's just an over the hill journeyman pro who doesn't know when to retire. If the story is true that Harris is injured then he can't even practice anymore let alone play. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

7 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I wish Harris well but man did he ever open his pie hole & burn bridges when he left here in February. He was a great back who helped us win 2 Grey Cups. He was one of the most loved player in Bomber history. The way he left was just sad. Now, it looks like he's just an over the hill journeyman pro who doesn't know when to retire. If the story is true that Harris is injured then he can't even practice anymore let alone play. 

I’ll just wish him best of luck. Glad he was a Bomber. In fact, he is still very much respected in the city, he’s around at Jet games, concerts, he’s still treated well.

7 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

I’ll just wish him best of luck. Glad he was a Bomber. In fact, he is still very much respected in the city, he’s around at Jet games, concerts, he’s still treated well.

I agree. He'll be up on the WOF someday. I just wish he'd have gone out saying how proud he was to play in front of Bomber fans & donning that Bomber jersey. Thanking the Bombers for the opportunity instead of being petty & vindictive when he left. Pro football is a business. Most players don't get to go out on their own terms. Injuries, age & competition always come into the situation. 

My son Tyler blew out his hamstring in his left leg training in the off season between his junior & senior year at SFU. It may have cost him the starting qb position with the team. That happened in February & he wasn't ready to go when the season started in September. He only played sparingly his senior year which was a huge disappointment.

That hamstring tear still bothers him today. He needs surgery but there's no rush. He would have tried harder to get on somewhere as a free agent or play in Europe but he couldn't run anymore. He wasn't ready to stop playing but the game was over for him. That's why he went into coaching. He could still stay in the game. Like he tells his qbs that he trains. To enjoy their time in the sun as most of them won't have a choice when the game tells them it's over. Happens to the greats all the time.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

18 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I agree. He'll be up on the WOF someday. I just wish he'd have gone out saying how proud he was to play in front of Bomber fans & donning that Bomber jersey. Thanking the Bombers for the opportunity instead of being petty & vindictive when he left. Pro football is a business. Most players don't get to go out on their own terms. Injuries, age & competition always come into the situation. 

My son Tyler blew out his hamstring in his left leg training in the off season between his junior & senior year at SFU. It may have cost him the starting qb position with the team. That happened in February & he wasn't ready to go when the season started in September. He only played sparingly his senior year which was a huge disappointment.

That hamstring tear still bothers him today. He needs surgery but there's no rush. He would have tried harder to get on somewhere as a free agent or play in Europe but he couldn't run anymore. He wasn't ready to stop playing but the game was over for him. That's why he went into coaching. He could still stay in the game. Like he tells his qbs that he trains. To enjoy their time in the sun as most of them won't have a choice when the game tells them it's over. Happens to the greats all the time.

To make a very long story short, Coach Mike Kelly likes to tell pre college age kids that football is great for getting an education, but man, the numbers, luck, and skill required to make it big time are mostly unattainable for the huge majority.

8 hours ago, Brandon said:

Harris knocked himself out of the "legendary" status IMO with his comments on the way out.   Once he retires and time has passed I don't think people will hold him in the same regards as the all time Bomber greats. 

Dieter wasn’t complimentary either yet, he’s still very much appreciated whenever he’s present at a game. Very approachable and very hot wife! 

addendum, update, and edit - looks like Dieters hot wife has had a few problems with the old guy. https://3downnation.com/2021/04/01/dieter-brock-sentenced-to-75-days-in-alabama-jail-for-failing-to-pay-alimony/

Edited by Rod Black

Harris will always be loved for what he did on the field. I have met some of my heros in life, some hockey heros and some wrestlers I admired growing up and they were all kind of assholes. Taught me that just cuz I admire the player or the character don't mean I have to admire the actual person cuz most of them really are just dicks. Not all were pieces of garbage,  the ones I expected to be weren't and the ones I didn't expect to be kinda were. Human beings eh, some are good some aren't but what they say or do outside the field or ring or rink or court or whatever else, it probably doesn't matter. 

John Cena was one that I expected to be nicer than he was. Maybe he was having a rough day tho. 

Edited by Goalie

14 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Dieter wasn’t complimentary either yet, he’s still very much appreciated whenever he’s present at a game. Very approachable and very hot wife! 

Dieter wrote a book saying he was wrong & leaving was a mistake considering the talent the Bombers had at the time. He was remorseful & it was heartfelt. Fans can relate & he was forgiven but Harris will have to do the same. Maybe not write a book like Brock did but that would be interesting if he did. Harris will have to say he was sorry & the fans will forgive.

Canadian Fullback Gerry James left the Bombers in 1963 after helping the Bombers win 4 Grey Cups. He was angry at the Bomber organization in general & Bud Grant in particular. He felt unappreciated & unwanted. He signed for more money to play with Saskatchewan but it was only for a year, maybe two. Even though he's a Blue Bomber alumni, I've read that he never reconciled with the team. He's one player that should be talked about more for his contributions but isn't.  A player having a burr in his saddle doesn't help his cause. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

8 hours ago, Goalie said:

Harris will always be loved for what he did on the field. I have met some of my heros in life, some hockey heros and some wrestlers I admired growing up and they were all kind of assholes. Taught me that just cuz I admire the player or the character don't mean I have to admire the actual person cuz most of them really are just dicks. Not all were pieces of garbage,  the ones I expected to be weren't and the ones I didn't expect to be kinda were. Human beings eh, some are good some aren't but what they say or do outside the field or ring or rink or court or whatever else, it probably doesn't matter. 

John Cena was one that I expected to be nicer than he was. Maybe he was having a rough day tho. 

I’m not gonna harp on which hero’s off the field or ice really disappointed me. But yeah, when you admire them, it’s a real surprise when they turn out being somewhat jerkoffs. 

can't argue that he did a lot here...was key to the success and where the team still is today, but he did kind of let his ego get in the way in the off-season and essentially was putting himself ahead of the team with his lil hissy fit...which is too bad.

He will still be, and still is a tea legend here, and this will pass, but I think the writing was clearly on the wall, and if this yr he is in and out of the lineup, and not what he was a a feature back it won't look good on him

He should have took the reduced role, the reduced pay and been the mentor and situational guy for us, and if he escaped the season injury free, and fresh for playoffs...he coulda beasted out and truly went out on top with an unreal playoff performance capped with a 3peat

Edited by Booch

5 hours ago, Jesse said:

Harris' (Winnipeg) legacy was hurt more by covid than by his comments for me. He had a chance to have one more really productive year, but then just trailed off with injuries.

Harris reportedly showed up at camp out of shape & had a bad attitude. Well, that explains (1) the injuries & missed games as well as (2) the mouthing off when he left. What he failed to realize was by criticizing the Bombers, the team is bigger than the man.