Forecast 2022 Season: Rankings

BigBlue

lol

"With a new rule change this offseason allowing for two quarterbacks to be on the field at the same time, the mad scientist Chris Jones wants Locksley taking snaps and catching balls. On Friday, he caught two passes for 21 yards in addition to his quarterbacking duties, earning a stamp of approval from fellow versatile QB Tre Ford.

“He looked really good at receiver. He also went out there and did really good as a quarterback today too"

37 to 7 

Edited by Mark F

On 2022-06-03 at 10:14 AM, CrazyCanuck89 said:

Olines need continuity.  Winnipeg has a great Oline, because you've almost had the same 5  starters.  Even though Gray maybe he starting at left guard, he's still has chemistry as the past 6/7 Olinemen.

BC is returning 3 starters, with backup David Knevel taking the left guard spot.  Continuity.

That BC OL could play together for a century & they'd still be the worst in the CFL. You need talent. 

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

This is possible.... But Cgy needs a lot to go right and we'd have to see significant injuries. 

The OL is still a question mark. I don't think they're any better than last week. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Noeller, did you see that BC lefl tackle get totally dominated by that Rider rookie DE? He blew by that pylon like he was standing still. Then the Canuck sacked Michael O'Connor & cut him in half. Setting off a 10 minute celebration on the Rider bench afterwards. That was vintage 2013 Blue Bomber line blocking. That's what Nathan O'Rourke has in store for him this season. AND.. they're paying one of those slugs (we all know who) over $200,000 a year.

West;

1-Bombers

2-Stamps

3-Elks

4-Riders

5-Lions

Bombers are deep,will be challenged in secondary,receiver depth but still have the reining mvp,dpoty,coty,lineman oty,Bighill,Jefferson etc.. theyll be fine and will come around,I also predict our offense to be even better than last year. I think Edmonton will be better than Sask and I see the Riders flopping,Dickenson being let go and Fajardo in the hot seat

East;

1-Montreal

2- Ottawa

3-Toronto

4-Hamilton

Ticats lost a few pieces and Evans doesn't scare me one bit. Ottawa will benefit tremendously from Masoli and still do believe he is better than Dane Evans. Toronto just can't seem to be able to turn that corner but they're right there, I feel Hamilton will regress after losing Banks,Acklin,Masoli but I could see then sliding up to maybe 3rd at most

On 2022-06-05 at 11:00 PM, Nolby said:

West;

I see the Riders flopping,Dickenson being let go and Fajardo in the hot seat

East;

1-Montreal

2- Ottawa

3-Toronto

4-Hamilton

Ticats lost a few pieces and Evans doesn't scare me one bit. Ottawa will benefit tremendously from Masoli and still do believe he is better than Dane Evans. Toronto just can't seem to be able to turn that corner but they're right there, I feel Hamilton will regress after losing Banks,Acklin,Masoli but I could see then sliding up to maybe 3rd at most

I concur. 

Edited by Rod Black

12 hours ago, Noeller said:

I have no problem with Dunk putting the Stamps ahead of the Bombers... I'm good with anything that keeps our boys motivated

But his comment about Harris is so amateurish, it's borderline embarrassing... Yes Andrew Harris is/was a very important player on this team... but how you can you say that the Bombers will not be as good because they lost a player who missed half of last season is now gone??

1 minute ago, bearpants said:

I have no problem with Dunk putting the Stamps ahead of the Bombers... I'm good with anything that keeps our boys motivated

But his comment about Harris is so amateurish, it's borderline embarrassing... Yes Andrew Harris is/was a very important player on this team... but how you can you say that the Bombers will not be as good because they lost a player who missed half of last season is now gone??

How are we going to replace Harris' three rushing touchdowns from last season? 

Here Dunk, let me do your job for you... here are some of the reason the Bombers could drop off this season:

- top players getting older and unlikely to replicate career years from last year: e.g. Bighill, Jefferson, Jeffcoat, Collaros
- question marks in the kicking game (Walters did alright figuring that out last year)
- three new players in defensive backfield coverage: Glass, Thompson, Ruteledge (though that wasn't a problem last year)
- top guard (Desjarlais) gone to the NFL with his best replacement (Eli) not returning
- top receiver now in Edmonton
- important veterans/leaders now with other teams (Harris, Adams)

Now, I don't think all (or any) of these things are gong to be major problems for the Bombers... but if you're going to go on record saying the Bombers will regress... at least get your facts right

Harris leadership may be missed...mayyyy.....as we have some bigtime leaders already there before him...and while he was here, and they still here....so really I see it as a non issue

Production wise....he missed half the games...and we were basically unbeaten...we have 2 highly motivated younger guys...in better shape/condition...one of whom is a fellow Winnipegger who most likely has a huge chip on his shoulder now to prove he is the heir apparent, and behind this oline, and scheme and returning receivers....plus Ellingson...they just have to play their game and limit their errors...just like last yr....again...we will be fine, and prob better than last year as we actually have better QB depth, and I bet Ellingson and Schoen (and whoever else gets reps) will out produce what Lawler/Adams gave us last year, and prob this yr too for their respective teams....no slight against them as they were key guys for us, and great players but it's not crippling us by any stretch of the imagination

Is Desjarlais better than Gray, and a loss...for sure...But Gray is a more than capable starter, we were just very fortunate that Desjarlais was the stud he was...Gray could start on any team in the league...could have last year and been top2..or 3 for them...factor in he has started before...with all the guys returning, we will hit the ground running and not having to have a gel period like pretty much every team in our division

5 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Not sure where to put this, but anyone else notice that 5 of the top 7 players in TSN's Top 50 players are Bombers?

https://www.cfl.ca/2022/06/07/collaros-headlines-tsns-top-50-players-for-2022/

Not that I've ever had any use for that particular exercise....

ya we talked about this last night but 9 of the Top 10 were Bombers or recent Bombers. Kyle Walters, you diabolic......

9 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Not sure where to put this, but anyone else notice that 5 of the top 7 players in TSN's Top 50 players are Bombers?

https://www.cfl.ca/2022/06/07/collaros-headlines-tsns-top-50-players-for-2022/

Not that I've ever had any use for that particular exercise....

Since the list is almost entirely based on last year’s performances, it would 6 of the top 7 were Bombers. 

It may require a few years and some historical distance to fully put it into perspective, and the shorter season may skew the objective comparative stats, but a very compelling argument can be made that we just witnessed the greatest all-around team in Blue Bomber history last year. For a franchise that’s 92 years old, take a moment and reflect on that. 

20 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Since the list is almost entirely based on last year’s performances, it would 6 of the top 7 were Bombers. 

It may require a few years and some historical distance to fully put it into perspective, and the shorter season may skew the objective comparative stats, but a very compelling argument can be made that we just witnessed the greatest all-around team in Blue Bomber history last year. For a franchise that’s 92 years old, take a moment and reflect on that. 

Sure.

A Little Reflection GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

24 minutes ago, bearpants said:

That was my first thought when I read the tweet as well. 

Just incoherent reasoning.

5 minutes ago, JCon said:

Who ends up with more rushing yards in 2022/23 - Harris or Augustine? 

I don’t think it’s even a stretch to say Augustine and Oliveria finish with more yards, if Harris is battling a lingering injury that’s already keeping him out for weeks it’s not too crazy to say I’d both guys stay healthy they finish with more yards.