Winnipeg Blue Bombers TC 2022

I really have to question the decision we made to prioritize (at least it seemed that way) signing Maston over Darby.

but at the end of the day, I feel like we’ll find a replacement anyways. Sucks for Mercy, gotta think that’s it for him. Tough break for a guy I was happy to cheer for. Hope Rutledge (or someone else) can fill those shoes.

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

I really have to question the decision we made to prioritize (at least it seemed that way) signing Maston over Darby.

but at the end of the day, I feel like we’ll find a replacement anyways. Sucks for Mercy, gotta think that’s it for him. Tough break for a guy I was happy to cheer for. Hope Rutledge (or someone else) can fill those shoes.

Maston is the better player, and it’s tough to say how things were prioritized. Maybe there was no other suitors for Maston because of his injury so it was easier to negotiate a contract. Either way hard to blame Bombers management. Injuries are unfortunately part of the game. 

2 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Maston is the better player, and it’s tough to say how things were prioritized. Maybe there was no other suitors for Maston because of his injury so it was easier to negotiate a contract. Either way hard to blame Bombers management. Injuries are unfortunately part of the game. 

Very possible, just seems interesting. If we do end up missing on a replacement, Darby will be missed. 

Yeah Maston was the better player, and probably came in at a better price too coming off injury. Darby I hated to see go tho even with the Maston re-up, and having BA not able to start the season he would have been the automatic safety option as he has excelled there before, and now he would have just shifted back to SAM ....oh well...can't keep em all.

Ruts looks like a guy who can fill the role, and having a vet secondary around him is gonna help a ton, and they will communicate to him what/where/why In game...Not too concerned

4 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

It appears Donald Rutledge Jr will be the replacement.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/06/03/quick-hits-training-camp-the-final-day/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Some really great stuff from Our Man Tait in here, including details on the SAM spot, starting Rec corps and more....worth your click, as always! 

23 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

With our 48 DB’s dressed for Tuesdays game im confident in Walters and co to atleast find a suitable replacement!

I’ve heard there’s lots of internal hype about Rutledge

12 minutes ago, Noeller said:

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/06/03/quick-hits-training-camp-the-final-day/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Some really great stuff from Our Man Tait in here, including details on the SAM spot, starting Rec corps and more....worth your click, as always! 

Glad it seems like we are trending away from the Janarion in the starting receivers idea. Excited to see Schoen.

Wonder who ends up staying between TJ Simmons, the Jackson’s and Tavaris Harrison. Simmons was a guy I was really excited about pre-camp who I haven’t heard much about, Blake/Lucky both seem solid and just stuck behind a deep group and … don’t really know much about Harrison except he can’t handle a little cold but I think it’s great that we seem to have some legit options. I’d personally love to see us move on from a guy like McKnight who has just completely underwhelmed me the entire time he’s been here, but I get he’s also hurt now. Agudosi still in the mix as well and I feel like he’s going to be a problem for defenses if he ever gets in a game.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

this is exactly why you never fault a football player (any athlete, really) for making as much money as they can, while they can. You just never know when it's all gone just like that. 

Unless its a certain ex-Rider QB who got a signing bonus and then bailed.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Yeah Maston was the better player, and probably came in at a better price too coming off injury. Darby I hated to see go tho even with the Maston re-up, and having BA not able to start the season he would have been the automatic safety option as he has excelled there before, and now he would have just shifted back to SAM ....oh well...can't keep em all.

Ruts looks like a guy who can fill the role, and having a vet secondary around him is gonna help a ton, and they will communicate to him what/where/why In game...Not too concerned

Darby was awesome and he’s extremely versatile. But at the number he got in free agency I don’t think any db other than rose will get close to. I mean ba was under 90k. 
 The mafia is just too good at finding guys that are really under valued and that fit into the system right away. 
 As good as Darby is our next man up will be as good maybe even better. Not to mention younger and cheaper.