Winnipeg Blue Bombers TC 2022

On 2022-05-31 at 10:02 AM, Noeller said:

Yeah, I was thinking about the "Dru Brown Is Too Short For Sneaks" thought last night and I was sincerely wondering (don't remember) who did sneaks for Dunigan and Flutie?? 

Matty & Doug never came out. They did their own sneaks. Goal line offense wasn't done the way it is now. IThe starting qb stayed in. It was more of a straight ahead, qb behind center or the guards, get the qb pad level & head down & puuuussssssshhh while getting the snot kicked out of them, Now, it's an entire short yardage/goal line unit with a backup qb who generally runs down the LOS, picks a hole & goes through it while getting the snot kicked out of them. 

16 minutes ago, Brandon said:

So when are the cuts and does anyone think that any vets will get the axe?

Osh said they'll give everyone the max number of practices. Cuts don't have to be in till June 4 I believe. We'll know where things stand when they hit the field for practice next week. 

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Osh said they'll give everyone the max number of practices. Cuts don't have to be in till June 4 I believe. We'll know where things stand when they hit the field for practice next week. 

Yeah, they can take their time. Injuries play a factor as well. Some guys may be kept around because the starter ahead of them can't play. 

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

So when are the cuts and does anyone think that any vets will get the axe?

Maybe a none significant guy like McKnight or maybe miller. Thanks Perhaps prukop. 

though with the curse of the free agent vet wr maybe ellingson would be a bet to consider. 

14 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Matty & Doug never came out. They did their own sneaks. Goal line offense wasn't done the way it is now. IThe starting qb stayed in. It was more of a straight ahead, qb behind center or the guards, get the qb pad level & head down & puuuussssssshhh while getting the snot kicked out of them, Now, it's an entire short yardage/goal line unit with a backup qb who generally runs down the LOS, picks a hole & goes through it while getting the snot kicked out of them. 

They were closeted?

7 minutes ago, Jesse said:

They came in and did some things in the 4th quarter but otherwise...

As O'Shea said on the Coach's show, some guys are gonna have a hard time making it onto a very good team and that he will encourage them to keep trying.  By releasing them now, some of them may have an opportunity to catch on with another team before the end of TC.

17 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I think they will get pr looks. 

biggest surprise is the left tackle Lofton wasn’t cut. He was freaking brutal all game. 

I'm sure they released the minimum number of guys that they had to.

24 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Whop and Mucker are a surprise when Simmons, Nunn still around.

Surprised Josh Miller gone too. Actually played 3 games last season. Thought he'd stick around for sure. Must have liked some of the new guys better. Also hope it means Rose is good to go.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

Todays training camp report.  Dry strong north wind and cold. Venue was the practise field adjacent to the soccer complex so no stands to sit in and have a larger overview., had to watch at field level. As a result I was forced to watch the Offence, in white, run through the paces as the defence was 80 yards further away.

there was a moment, was thinking, “these are the grey cup champs, twice,” and “there’s the Most Outstanding player for the entire CFL”. It was a awesome and got a little choked up.

I didn’t see any kickers. No idea where they were. 

was there for an hour. The O was split into two squads:

Squad 1 - lead by #8, and was shadowed by #12, that had no reps. Also on Collaros squad was, 20 Oli, 27 augi quick!, 80, 88,10, 83, 84 and on the line 66, 68, 67, 51 kalamkowski and 55 burns. That’s 13 guys, and some I gathered they were rotating through, but Prukop didn’t touch the ball. 2 Ellington was out there but didn’t see him line up. Could have just missed him. There’s a lot of frighten players out there. 

Squad 2- lead by #6 Brown, shadowed by 15 (no reps). Also on squad was 29 Borsa, fast and athletic, motivated, 73 Harrison, 38 McRae, 81, 70 Nunn, 87 Lucky, 52, 61, 65, 64 Dobber. :must have missed some one. That’s only 11.

so Collaros and Brown were getting major reps. With the line ups as stated, there might be indications of who’s number 1 on the O. 

other observations. 86 didn’t participate, no helmet but in pads. Man, he’s tall! 
22 Glass, seems like a character, running round, glad handing as many O players as he could. 

they moved into doing sets of down, in hurry up fashion, Collaros group, the Brown group. 

so no report on the D, too far away, but during a drill, I looked for #5 and #4. #5 was working away, and 4, holy crow, he was going at 110%!, impressive work ethic! 

hope to see the D another time.

final observation: a Joe Farigelli look alike, twin, was wondering the ditch around the field looking for bottles and cans, I’d guess. He looked pretty good! 

Edited by Rod Black