Winnipeg Blue Bombers TC 2022

58 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Jalen Saunders was released this morning. Wonder what's up with that?

From my one report he honestly didn't look like he was running at the same pace as the other receivers. Especially for a guy that isn't that big.

That said, it is highly unlikely that I know what I'm talking about

Save the money for NFL cuts

47 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Maybe his injury history was too much. DT said he was having quite a good camp, I’m surprised but others must be outplaying him.

I have a feeling he wasn't giving the coaches what they wanted to see in terms of effort. Apparently he sat out yesterdays practice...no injury...? The FIFO mantra is very important to MOS and I'm guessing Saunders just didn't fit in.

5 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I have a feeling he wasn't giving the coaches what they wanted to see in terms of effort. Apparently he sat out yesterdays practice...no injury...? The FIFO mantra is very important to MOS and I'm guessing Saunders just didn't fit in.

That's highly speculative but is definitely one possibility. If I were a betting man I would suggest he was getting beat by other players. We have a good crop of recruits and the TC reports seem to suggest some of the young guys have been standing out.

9 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

That's highly speculative but is definitely one possibility. If I were a betting man I would suggest he was getting beat by other players. We have a good crop of recruits and the TC reports seem to suggest some of the young guys have been standing out.

oh for sure it was likely a few things going on that made this move possible. I think guys like Jackson, Grant, and that new rookie gave the coaches an easy decision.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

I thought I remember reading a Tait piece about him, and thought he was supposedly having a good camp.... I suppose not. That's too bad, but if the rookies/second years are stepping up, good on them...

That’s kind of the problem with the fluff coverage.  Who isn’t having a good camp?

pretty tough to come back after 3 yrs...pretty much 2 yrs with no real training from injuries when guys now are ready to go 24/7 365 days a yr.....he may have been having a good camp, but others are having great camps...younger...massive upside and cheaper....it's more and more a young man's a the new breeds game...speaking of which any word on how Harris is doing in T.O....not from media, but maybe from someone who has some eyes out there?

I like our roster talent brought in to compete at WR and if we had to send some walking to keep Saunders I would have considered that a fail...I couldnt see him being the 2017/18 version