Winnipeg Blue Bombers TC 2022

12 hours ago, Noeller said:

Also, can Yoshi just switch from right to left side? I don't know anything but that doesn't seem easy.... 

Well, I would think any tackle probably could, but it would depend on what the coaching staff's expectations are for that position

In Winnipeg, the bar is set pretty high. On other teams, it was pretty much a gong show last season

13 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Possibly. But I wouldn't be surprised if they continue with 2 Americans at the tackle positions. Especially if they continue to start Canadians at running back. 

I think they will do that until either the wheels fall off one or Bryant gets bored of being the best ol in cfl history. 

12 hours ago, Noeller said:

Also, can Yoshi just switch from right to left side? I don't know anything but that doesn't seem easy.... 

the right vs left side pass rush isn’t nearly the big difference it used to be. Especially in the cfl with out a te and with qbs in the pistol or shot gun for 85 or 90 % of snaps. 
 He is a bit of an odd duck. Struggled at guard but excelled at rt. 

We also have a couple really good imp tackles right now. I imagine they will try to keep one or two on the pr but that only lasts soo long. 

6 hours ago, bearpants said:

I wish you would stop making comments like this... yes he made a selfish decision and some people will never forgive him for it... but don't call the guy an idiot just because he made a different decision than you... you could have made exactly the same point (more effectively, in my opinion) while eliminating your first statement.

Your comment won't change my opinion. This has nothing to do with forgiveness. If it was a legit health issue with Eli for not getting vaxxed then my opinion would be different. However, looks like it wasn't. Just that he simply refused to get the jab & it affected our depth on the OL for the Grey Cup. Luckily, there were no injuries in the playoffs or GC. .

You only have to look at the Bomber organization & see how they feel. Seems like he was quietly released. If they weren't upset over what happened then I'm certain that he'd be back. He's gone. A free agent. He hasn't signed anywhere. The Bombers don't seem to want him back. That says it all. We all make choices & we have to accept the consequences. 

Reminds me a lot of Alex Brink.  If he can't calm his legs down to pass he won't do much when throwing the ball against pros when he inevitably needs to do so from the pocket.

Mechanics are awful because he's never set even when in the pocket, more of a heave than a pass.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

14 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Mancuso looks to have most if not all the tools: good arm, goes through his reads quickly, good size and I like that he is a threat to run- keeps the opposing defence on their toes. If he can pick up the 3-down game quickly, he might be a darned good Streveler clone.

24 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Reminds me a lot of Alex Brink.  If he can't calm his legs down to pass he won't do much when throwing the ball against pros when he inevitably needs to do so from the pocket.

Mechanics are awful because he's never set even when in the pocket, more of a heave than a pass.

Brink had zero mobility...

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Mancuso looks to have most if not all the tools: good arm, goes through his reads quickly, good size and I like that he is a threat to run- keeps the opposing defence on their toes. If he can pick up the 3-down game quickly, he might be a darned good Streveler clone.

A lot to like about the guy. He throws 50 yard moon shots to his wr over the shoulder hitting them in stride. Great down field arm strength touch and accuracy. But when he's throwing short to intermediate he isn't trying to murder his wrs. The ability to take some velocity off his passes in that range is a big indicator of high level touch, and football IQ. 

He hits some crazy tight window passes in all ranges. And he does it both in the pocket and on the run. He puts the balls into good positions for his wrs to catch 50/50 balls more than 50% of the time, but also hit them in stride. 

For a dual threat qb, the ability to throw on the run, run the option, and keep the pass option open as long as possible when scrambling by keeping their eyes down field is huge. You don't often see a guy who is a real running threat, who can throw on the run, and doesn't turn off the passers brain when scrambling. 

Very much a streveler clone in how tough he runs, and the top speed. When at stride he looks like a wr running not a qb.

And he doesn't have a glaring weakness. Quick release and strong arm, great touch and accuracy great head on his shoulders. 

Wow .....from last tweet o'shea quote on Deatrick Nichols:

"he was extremely humble with the idea he was going to learn as much as he could and take those opportunities to learn, listen, figure it out and not take that for granted.
“He’s an unbelievable football player and super smart. I thought he was a terrific learner last year.”

Edited by Mark F

29 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Its seems the only sniff he got so far is attending the Colts' mini camp last weekend.  The guy is straight otta college so there may be more opportunities for him still. 

They ( nfl) also miss guys that are good .... 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

The thing about that new QB... 6'4" 200+....so why isn't he in The League? 

Doesn’t throw with the high velocity in short to mid range, lots of years in college not great production, and didn’t play against great competition. With out a singular amazing tool it’s hard to get that interest. 
 For the nfl he’s a high floor low ceiling guy. Though I think his balanced skill set athleticism and high football iq make up for not being a 5 star recruit with offers from all the big schools. 

32 minutes ago, Mark F said:

They ( nfl) also miss guys that are good .... 

I think strevy got the same level of interest.