Winnipeg Blue Bombers TC 2022

Thanks for these tweet imbedded posts all. As some one who doesn't really twit it adds a lot. 

Sucks about Agudosi. Hopefully its not too serious. 

At a point in camp like this especially with the none start I wouldn't be surprised to see lots of vet days and guys getting minor pulls. TC is tough as hell. Having a hitch in the start especially on a shortened start could make it tough. 

An article on 3dn last week had chris jones speculating that with the hash mark change the league could see a forced evolution of the Wil spot. As it is we don't see many 250lbs macs any more, the smaller side well rounded athlete at 220-230 has become much more popular. We've been seeing bigger sams become popular, guys who are more US safteys with cover skills and the ability to play in the box like moncrief. 

We might see Big ish dbs filling the wil spot. Guys like Kyrie can play HCF zone cover but not really take a wr man to man down field.  If teams don't evolve on defense, offenses will use motion and rubs to create those miss matches. I could see a spot like that making opportunities for NI db tweeners. 

We have 8 dbs in camp over 200 lbs. A few of them like rutledge (imp, 6'1 215), Rene (ni, 6'2 206) Maston (imp, 6'0 210) Lavigne (ni, 6'0 210), Karamoko (G, 6'2 210)  and the classic hallet bro, nick (5'11 202) with honorable mention to Ciguineau (ni, 6'3 196) all of whom could draw into that type of roll situationally or full time for maston. Ty ford isn't far off either at 5'11 194. Hes smaller then the rest, but a maximized athlete. 17 reps at 225 for a sub 200 lbs db is no joke. 

Just now, Noeller said:

Gotta think this essentially replaces Tui Eli, at the very least....

I was pretty sure he'd be back, thought they might've been hard balling him but it doesn't look good for eli. Only ever an injury away from a call. 

I'm pretty darn high on Eli, dobson is a bit different but not any lesser a player. Eli is a natural C who mauls guys 1 on 1 at G. Dobson is natural guard with the versatility to play 4 spots on the OL, partly due to his beyond elite athleticism, but also his footwork is way beyond what you expect from a natural guard. Especially a pro rookie NI G. 

Dobson could start games for us this year at G. At the very least I'd pencil him in as a slam dunk for 6th ol. I think he's drastically more suited to playing G than Gray and could take his spot in camp, but the veteran favor is really hard to over come. Long term I think the future is Gray at RT, Dobson at RG and Yoshi at LT when Stanley gets tired of winning Most Outstanding Linemen. If that future also includes Desjarlais back at his guard spot and Couture at C, the OL will stay elite for years to come. 

40 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Kylie is fast. He has covered wr downfield and stuck with them and ran down speedy b on a crossing route in the 2019 GC. If anything I think the new rules will help bring him the attention he deserves. 

Oh no doubt he is, he is fast enough to play db in this league. The issue with him playing man to man frequently is technical. It takes an insane amount of time to develop the man cover skills needed to be able to do it every down. The WR DB man cover battle is one of the most well coached and high level battles in all of sports. That's why Tyrrell ford fell to us. He has all the athletic tools in the world, but teams were soo scared they didnt challenge him. So cfl teams were leery of his tape and lack of frequency of reps. 

Wilson is maybe the best poised current wil to adapt to the new rules. And with how he played in the stretch run last year it seems like it's his time to shine. But I think we will see the rotation of dbs into his spot replace the NI lbers rotating into his spot last year. And the dbs, might be NI. And thats despite the possibility that he could be playing like his hair is on fire. 

Also the fact we didn't bring in another true Wil/mac imp lber says volumes. Just the one teams guy that was a cfl vet. I haven't seen a mafia TC soo light on big lbers. 

35 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

The club moved on from Eli in late November 2021.

In the CFL qbs, and NI ol have more lives than every cat on the planet. I remember brett macniel training and almost making a come back 6 years after they moved on from him. (He just couldn't get up to weight, and was never a guy willing to just be fat for the sake of a number)

Edited by wbbfan

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Thanks for these tweet imbedded posts all. As some one who doesn't really twit it adds a lot. 

Sucks about Agudosi. Hopefully its not too serious. 

At a point in camp like this especially with the none start I wouldn't be surprised to see lots of vet days and guys getting minor pulls. TC is tough as hell. Having a hitch in the start especially on a shortened start could make it tough. 

An article on 3dn last week had chris jones speculating that with the hash mark change the league could see a forced evolution of the Wil spot. As it is we don't see many 250lbs macs any more, the smaller side well rounded athlete at 220-230 has become much more popular. We've been seeing bigger sams become popular, guys who are more US safteys with cover skills and the ability to play in the box like moncrief. 

We might see Big ish dbs filling the wil spot. Guys like Kyrie can play HCF zone cover but not really take a wr man to man down field.  If teams don't evolve on defense, offenses will use motion and rubs to create those miss matches. I could see a spot like that making opportunities for NI db tweeners. 

We have 8 dbs in camp over 200 lbs. A few of them like rutledge (imp, 6'1 215), Rene (ni, 6'2 206) Maston (imp, 6'0 210) Lavigne (ni, 6'0 210), Karamoko (G, 6'2 210)  and the classic hallet bro, nick (5'11 202) with honorable mention to Ciguineau (ni, 6'3 196) all of whom could draw into that type of roll situationally or full time for maston. Ty ford isn't far off either at 5'11 194. Hes smaller then the rest, but a maximized athlete. 17 reps at 225 for a sub 200 lbs db is no joke. 

Kyrie ran track...dude has wheeels...and quick explosive acceleration...he will be fine

3 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

The club moved on from Eli in late November 2021.

Eli. not the smartest knife in the drawer. Put himself ahead of the team. You know there were guiys who probably didn't want to get the jab but did it anyway because to them the team meant more. Just a selfish move on his part. With Liam Dobson signing, any fans  outside Winnipeg who think this team won't have a chance to 3 peat is living in a fantasy world. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Eli. not the smartest knife in the drawer. Put himself ahead of the team. You know there were guiys who probably didn't want to get the jab but did it anyway because to them the team meant more. Just a selfish move on his part. With Liam Dobson signing, any fans  outside Winnipeg who think this team won't have a chance to 3 peat is living in a fantasy world. 

This is what I thought I heard about Eli too and that the other guys basically had nothing to do with him after. But I also heard that he got the first shot and had a bad reaction and was not advised to have the second shot. Just going off hearsay.

5 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Long term I think the future is Gray at RT, Dobson at RG and Yoshi at LT when Stanley gets tired of winning Most Outstanding Linemen. If that future also includes Desjarlais back at his guard spot and Couture at C, the OL will stay elite for years to come. 

Possibly. But I wouldn't be surprised if they continue with 2 Americans at the tackle positions. Especially if they continue to start Canadians at running back. 

2 hours ago, WildPath said:

This is what I thought I heard about Eli too and that the other guys basically had nothing to do with him after. But I also heard that he got the first shot and had a bad reaction and was not advised to have the second shot. Just going off hearsay.

If there was a health issue, he'd be at training camp, I think.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

10 hours ago, Noeller said:

Also, can Yoshi just switch from right to left side? I don't know anything but that doesn't seem easy.... 

Good question. It doesn't seem easy but I'd imagine that's what they have planned every game if Big Stan goes down. So my guess is Yosh has worked at it and it's entirely possible.

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I wish you would stop making comments like this... yes he made a selfish decision and some people will never forgive him for it... but don't call the guy an idiot just because he made a different decision than you... you could have made exactly the same point (more effectively, in my opinion) while eliminating your first statement.

25 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I wish you would stop making comments like this... yes he made a selfish decision and some people will never forgive him for it... but don't call the guy an idiot just because he made a different decision than you... you could have made exactly the same point (more effectively, in my opinion) while eliminating your first statement.

100 percent agree … getting tired of the stuff like this and the “Walmart greeter” commentary as well.

It’s not 1937 anymore Iso, time to grow up a bit.