Winnipeg Blue Bombers TC 2022

I know players don't stay on teams because they're nice or whatno,just watched the video of Mourtada. Sounds like a good guy,sounds like he put serious work in the off season and I'm actually pulling for him. That being said,this I feel would be his end if the season goes like last after having a full off season to train instead of being thrown in halfway through the season.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

It's more of a marketing gimmick for the team, and we sorta manipulated it into Fort Hew (now a nickname for IGF) and then #DefendTheFort ;) Really appreciate your work!! 

Don't forget about Hewie the Moose.... RIP*... 

*I don't actually remember what happened to that moose that delayed the Banjo bowl a few years ago

28 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Don't forget about Hewie the Moose.... RIP*... 

*I don't actually remember what happened to that moose that delayed the Banjo bowl a few years ago

Yes! It is important for DT to know about Hewie. 

Prior to Banjo Bowl (2018??) there was a moose that got into the public near the stadium. The #FortHew stuff was relatively new, so the moose got named Hewie. Unfortunately, CO's had to put down the moose. #RIPHewie

7 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Was in Winnipeg last week stopped at the store and picked up a few things $400 later. Didn’t have my all black W hat in stock. Said it might be in this week. As I have no money left if it’s there can you pick me up one and one of the rider fans who frequent here will sell their sister wife to pay you back? :)

Sorry reflex. 

Oh, don't involve me. ;)

9 hours ago, Noeller said:

Prior to Banjo Bowl (2018??) there was a moose that got into the public near the stadium. The #FortHew stuff was relatively new, so the moose got named Hewie. Unfortunately, CO's had to put down the moose. #RIPHewie

I had no idea they put him down.

Now I'm upset.

6 minutes ago, Jesse said:
10 hours ago, Noeller said:

I had no idea they put him down.

Now I'm upset.

From what I remember the moose died from a heart attack from all the stress of all the traffic and running back and forth in a panic in that green space area the COs were trying to keep it confined to. But maybe I dreamt that up. Who knows anymore lol!

It didn't go down quite like that... it was 2017 and Hewie had been running around for 2 days before CO's were able to tranquilize him.  They were transporting him to a more suitable location when he died.  The official statement said it was due to the stress & exertion of running through a populated area in hot weather.

1 minute ago, Firekid said:

From what I remember the moose died from a heart attack from all the stress of all the traffic and running back and forth in a panic in that green space area the COs were trying to keep it confined to. But maybe I dreamt that up. Who knows anymore lol!

No, your recollection is pretty good.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/football/2017/09/11/moose-that-almost-delayed-blue-bombers-roughriders-game-dies-due-to-stress-manitoba-government-says.html

I still have video of Hewie going for a swim in the pond south west of the stadium.  We used to walk through there to get to IGF and he was our pre-game entertainment that day.

12 hours ago, Noeller said:

It’s great to hear that grant is getting a serious look at wr finally. That’s really exciting. Glad to hear that Saunders is looking good too. 

12 hours ago, Nolby said:

I know players don't stay on teams because they're nice or whatno,just watched the video of Mourtada. Sounds like a good guy,sounds like he put serious work in the off season and I'm actually pulling for him. That being said,this I feel would be his end if the season goes like last after having a full off season to train instead of being thrown in halfway through the season.

Yeah and a tough guy mentally. Being out of football soo long then coming back to what happened last year has to be crushing. 
 If his work shows dividend’s with the hash mark move I think he’s going to do great. 
this is def his last chance unless he shows great. 

21 minutes ago, Nolby said:

I either missed it or they haven't said anything yet, anyone know if there's a practice Sunday?

It seems like they're taking things one day at time, right now. Just announced tomorrow's practice at 8:30am...

7 minutes ago, JCon said:

From Tait's article...

WR Carlton Agodusi, who spent last year on the practice roster, made a spectacular catch early on Friday, but came up injured and did not return…