Winnipeg Blue Bombers TC 2022

Just now, Noeller said:

quiet you...I'm gonna get DMs because of this!  Ha ha ha ha. I think the biggest thing is that there just isn't much to talk about during mini camp. Ed's had some nice features and his daily run downs. Hopefully once main camp opens, there'll be more to report on. 

It's nothing against Ed whatsoever, he's great. It's just that I remember the days when he didn't work for the club and we used to get a less "measured" report out of him and then we also had DB, Irving and a couple other guys pitching in with their observations while Paul Friesen sat around suntanning and pretending to look deep in thought under his floppy sun hat.

The Bombers reports are definitely more of the "this is what we want you to know about" variety and that's great, but I miss the seasons past when we used to hear about everything under the sun minus the playbook coming from our camp reporters.

Just now, Jesse said:

I was just baout to say, with such a veteran team, what percentage of these guys practicing today make the roster?

How much resources should media commit to early cuts?

I'm going to throw out an early prediction and say 9.

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

It's nothing against Ed whatsoever, he's great. It's just that I remember the days when he didn't work for the club and we used to get a less "measured" report out of him and then we also had DB, Irving and a couple other guys pitching in with their observations while Paul Friesen sat around suntanning and pretending to look deep in thought under his floppy sun hat.

The Bombers reports are definitely more of the "this is what we want you to know about" variety and that's great, but I miss the seasons past when we used to hear about everything under the sun minus the playbook coming from our camp reporters.

I'm hoping having DT here will improve what we hear coming out of camp (main camp at least).  I've seen Rider fans asking him who they should follow for their camp updates now that he's gone so I assume he was adding some value for their fanbase.

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

They couldn't afford Castillo, probably can't afford Lirim.  Plus after being booed off the field by idiots, not sure why he would want to come back. 

I think there's a difference between can't afford and not willing to overpay... If push comes to shove and the season is on the line, they'll find a guy. 

8 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

They couldn't afford Castillo, probably can't afford Lirim.  Plus after being booed off the field by idiots, not sure why he would want to come back. 

I would say looking back all those years that Lirim would probably admit he didn't handle the situation like he would today so he contributed to what happened after. He wasn't the pro he is now. 

On 2022-05-13 at 8:53 AM, 17to85 said:

Who do you think taught Taman how to GM? I love Dave Ritchie, but his biggest flaw was his distaste for rookies and the mentality that veterans are always better.

Veterans usually are always better. Taman, the genius he was opted to keep Gordon over Simon, gave Khari Jones an offensive line made of dog turds, and gave Khari that million dollar contract when it was very obvious he was in decline - among many other mistakes. We would not have had the years we did without Ritchie. Yes, Taman helped build it, but he ruined it almost as fast.

14 hours ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Veterans usually are always better. Taman, the genius he was opted to keep Gordon over Simon, gave Khari Jones an offensive line made of dog turds, and gave Khari that million dollar contract when it was very obvious he was in decline - among many other mistakes. We would not have had the years we did without Ritchie. Yes, Taman helped build it, but he ruined it almost as fast.

But some of those things are heavily Ritchie issues too right? I mean those two were prettylockstep in their decisions. 

Taman learned how to GM from Ritchie. That's the bottom line.

26 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Wonder how this sits with the CFLPA? Either the players know that the labour dispute will be short-lived, or there really isn’t the appetite to strike like the vote would suggest. Either way, not much of a “hard-line stance” and only plays into the owners’ hands more from a negotiation standpoint. 

17 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Wonder how this sits with the CFLPA? Either the players know that the labour dispute will be short-lived, or there really isn’t the appetite to strike like the vote would suggest. Either way, not much of a “hard-line stance” and only plays into the owners’ hands more from a negotiation standpoint. 

24 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

They're just being professionals. Has no impact on negotiations.