Winnipeg Blue Bombers TC 2022

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'll never forget his 1st game as a bomber. Looked like an absolute monster out there

I remember telling my dad on the way to that game, for absolutely no reason at all, that Greg Carr was the next great Bomber receiver. Then he had like 2 catches for 150 yards and 2 touchdowns at half before his leg exploded and he missed the rest of the game and I thought I was a genius.

I think 21 year old me just kept hoping we were going to find the next Milt Stegall, I even had a Jeffers-Harris jersey. 😆

30 minutes ago, Mike said:

I remember telling my dad on the way to that game, for absolutely no reason at all, that Greg Carr was the next great Bomber receiver. Then he had like 2 catches for 150 yards and 2 touchdowns at half before his leg exploded and he missed the rest of the game and I thought I was a genius.

I think 21 year old me just kept hoping we were going to find the next Milt Stegall, I even had a Jeffers-Harris jersey. 😆

No shame in any of that. Jeffers-Harris had all the talent in the world before attitude took him out of the game. Carr was awesome but learned the hard way that sometimes the grass is not greener on the other side of the fence and he struggled in a different offence.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

In all fairness. Through good years and bad years we were always spoiled with good to great receivers like Gordon, Stegall, Bruce, Simon, and even Armstrong and Edwards. Our standards for ridiculous receivers were quite high. Now I’m just hoping we can get atleast just one receiver from these camps to be a competent starter. 

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Thought the same thing about mike simms walker too. He would've smashed records if he stayed healthy. 

36 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

In all fairness. Through good years and bad years we were always spoiled with good to great receivers like Gordon, Stegall, Bruce, Simon, and even Armstrong and Edwards. Our standards for ridiculous receivers were quite high. Now I’m just hoping we can get atleast just one receiver from these camps to be a competent starter. 

To be fair, outside of 01 and 02 we were lucky to have a good no2 guy behind milt. A lot of great names came through in the early to mid 2ks, but only 2 great careers. 

Some info with newcomer Dalton Schoen... 

10 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Since we're doing receiver confessions - I was excited when Taman signed Wane McGarrity. 

I think everyone was... He'd had actual (albeit limited) success in this league.