2022 NHL Playoffs

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

I know not everyone agrees, but I think that if you like hockey, you have to like McDavid. 

McDavid is the best player on the planet by far regardless of Toronto’s media suggesting Matthews is in the same conversation.. A lot of us here are hardcore Jet fans built at a very young age. We don’t cheer for two teams regardless where we happened to relocate years later. It’s frustrating the Oilers were rewarded for years of losing after they dominated in the 80’s. And yes if the shoe was on the other foot I would not be apologizing to anyone if the Jets were rewarded with McDavid for sucking. But hey here we are. :)

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

McDavid is the best player on the planet by far regardless of Toronto’s media suggesting Matthews is in the same conversation.. A lot of us here are hardcore Jet fans built at a very young age. We don’t cheer for two teams regardless where we happened to relocate years later. It’s frustrating the Oilers were rewarded for years of losing after they dominated in the 80’s. And yes if the shoe was on the other foot I would not be apologizing to anyone if the Jets were rewarded with McDavid for sucking. But hey here we are. :)

I blame it on being a 1980s baby. I've always been an Oilers and Jets fan. Loved Gretzky and wanted to be Grant Fuhr when I was a young tender in minor hockey. But there's always love for the "local" boys as well... Andrew McBain, Jim Kyte, Daniel Barthiaume... I remember collecting all their cards back in the late 80s and early 90s. In a league as big as the NHL is, I don't have as big an issue with the 2 teams thing. In a 9 team CFL however.... **** anyone who isn't us. 

15 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I blame it on being a 1980s baby. I've always been an Oilers and Jets fan. Loved Gretzky and wanted to be Grant Fuhr when I was a young tender in minor hockey. But there's always love for the "local" boys as well... Andrew McBain, Jim Kyte, Daniel Barthiaume... I remember collecting all their cards back in the late 80s and early 90s. In a league as big as the NHL is, I don't have as big an issue with the 2 teams thing. In a 9 team CFL however.... **** anyone who isn't us. 

Fair enough but it don’t matter to me how many teams are in a league. My loyalties have never changed and stay with one team per league. But hey different strokes for different folks. At least both of us greatly detest the Leafs. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

At a very early age, I learned a relative was playing for the Oilers (he played from the end of the WHA until midway through the dynasty) so I was born into it and never left.

I've always cheered for the Jets against every other team too though so I definitely don't have a issue with having two teams.

14 hours ago, bigg jay said:

At a very early age, I learned a relative was playing for the Oilers (he played from the end of the WHA until midway through the dynasty) so I was born into it and never left.

I've always cheered for the Jets against every other team too though so I definitely don't have a issue with having two teams.

one of the many reasons why you're my boy, Jay!!