2022 NHL Playoffs

3 hours ago, Mark F said:

Which would be best series to watch?

I do not care about any of these teams.

carolina seemed like they played a good game. Maybe that one.

Best opening round series could be Toronto—Tampa and Minnesota-St. Louis. Not sure I have much of a rooting interest, but if I was to rank teams from who I would like the most to least to win:

WEST

1. Minnesota - great fan base, have never won before, close to here and a smaller market team

2. Calgary - Although I don’t like Tkachuk, if there is a Canadian team to root for I’d take them first. 

3. Nashville - again never won before and a good non-traditional market

4. Colorado - they are the best team out there and have been for a while, might as well get rewarded for it

Would not cheer for any of the others really. Edmonton the only team I would strongly root against. 

EAST

1. Florida - excellent team that has never tasted success, so why not now?

2. Tampa - three in a row has not been done in so long, would be a neat feat to see

3. New York - if only to land the Jets another first round pick

4. Toronto - the media would be insufferable, but after 55 years and Harold Ballard the fans do deserve some good luck. Then they can go back to sucking for 55 more years. 

Could care less about the rest, Boston would be the worst. 

St Louis Minnesota will be the best opening round series. They are central division rivals. 

Colorado prob chokes cuz it's what they do.  Toronto I don't think has another level so they will likely lose again also. Hopefully McDavid matthews Colorado and Florida all lose quick. 

Edited by Goalie

On 2022-04-30 at 8:12 PM, TrueBlue4ever said:

Best opening round series could be Toronto—Tampa and Minnesota-St. Louis. Not sure I have much of a rooting interest, but if I was to rank teams from who I would like the most to least to win:

WEST

1. Minnesota - great fan base, have never won before, close to here and a smaller market team

2. Calgary - Although I don’t like Tkachuk, if there is a Canadian team to root for I’d take them first. 

3. Nashville - again never won before and a good non-traditional market

4. Colorado - they are the best team out there and have been for a while, might as well get rewarded for it

Would not cheer for any of the others really. Edmonton the only team I would strongly root against. 

EAST

1. Florida - excellent team that has never tasted success, so why not now?

2. Tampa - three in a row has not been done in so long, would be a neat feat to see

3. New York - if only to land the Jets another first round pick

4. Toronto - the media would be insufferable, but after 55 years and Harold Ballard the fans do deserve some good luck. Then they can go back to sucking for 55 more years. 

Could care less about the rest, Boston would be the worst. 

Nope. Agree to disagree on that one.

Capitols Panthers game is very fast paced. Really fast.  It chippy too.

Both teams seem to  be able  to get the puck out their own end with one quick pass.

no ten minutes of floundering around like jets. 

Do the jets "watch tape" of themselves?

Edited by Mark F

22 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

TPA wins game 2, oh and LAK beat EDM game 1. Liking that but disappointed CAL beat my Stars.

Yay TPA! Funny how every so so call to T.O was questioned on Sportsnet but that last dive by Mathews...nothing.😆

Maybe the jets would lose to those teams, boston, carolina....

Does not change the fact that kind of hockey is boring as hell. Chasing the puck all over the rink, no passing. 

tons of contact.

not for me.

May 5

PIT 2-5 NYR : Tied at 1

Pittsburgh Penguins goaltender Casey DeSmith will miss the remainder of the playoffs recovering from core muscle surgery, coach Mike Sullivan said on Friday.

WSH 1-5 FLA : Tied at 1

NSH 1-2 COL : COL leads 2-0

DAL 2-0 CAL : Tied at 1 👍

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg