Game 80: vs Philly

Philly sucks. Jets are just more talented 

Gritty in the house tho. That's more interesting than the game against the ahl Philly team 

Jets are pretty much locked in at 14th worst or 15th worst... whatever they are... 14th I think... maybe 13th. Whatever it is they can't be better or worse than where they currently are. Jets can't draft 1st overall. The teams behind them are like really really bad 

Congrats to Daniel torgerson also, first ahl game = first ahl goal. This guy has potential to be nichuskin like 

Chaz Lucius signs his elc. Moose or the whl for him now but he's hurt. 

Edited by Goalie

14 minutes ago, Goalie said:

U know something big is gonna happen when wiebe says substantial changes are coming. 

Scheifele ppg? That's good but he's still going to be traded 

I’m not so sure. I think they might want to see what a new voice behind the bench can do for him before they cut bait. And if they are thinking of moving him, it has better be for a good return more than just to shake up the team. Fans that want to scream “tear down and re-build” will be the first to whine when they suddenly realize that a full re-build is a five year undertaking on average in the NHL these days.  

12 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I’m not so sure. I think they might want to see what a new voice behind the bench can do for him before they cut bait. And if they are thinking of moving him, it has better be for a good return more than just to shake up the team. Fans that want to scream “tear down and re-build” will be the first to whine when they suddenly realize that a full re-build is a five year undertaking on average in the NHL these days.  

Well said. A lot of ignorant kneejerk reactionaries in this fanbase calling for big trades and a half-assed rebuild over one bad season... Not realizing that in doing so, the team probably doesn't make the post-season any time soon and is remarkably weaker on paper immediately. You don't improve a team by deleting its talent simply because you're crusty a playoff berth wasn't achieved despite expectations. Shake-ups don't accomplish anything unless there's reasonable justification for them.

And why the **** would the team trade Scheifele? As you said, unless the return benefits the Jets (getting an equal quality top 6 centre or more), it makes absolutely no sense and weakens the roster. He's been a PPG forward for six straight seasons and one of the most cap friendly contracts in the league.

The first thing this organization needs to do is address coaching. It's time for a major change in that regard.

PS - kudos to Comrie on getting his first NHL SO last night.