Elon Musk to buy Twitter

Rich

1 hour ago, Rich said:

I like some of the suggestions he has made, including open sourcing the algorithms used to determine feeds for transparency give me a wait and see what he does.  

He thinks he can also get rid of the bots   That I’m not sure is so easy   

This would be huge if he can pull it off. A lot of people seem to forget that a bunch of the hate spewed on SM are bots/trolls.

2 hours ago, Rich said:

I like some of the suggestions he has made, including open sourcing the algorithms used to determine feeds for transparency give me a wait and see what he does.  

He thinks he can also get rid of the bots   That I’m not sure is so easy   

yeah so am I, I mean it would be amazing if he would do something about those bots, when I click on This trend is harmful or spammy, I want it gone for keeps,  you have any idea how annoying it is when I keep seeing so many Anti-trudeau tweets and I keep saying we have it pretty darn good under Trudeau considering the current events

If I had 44 Billion Dollars I would have recreated my favourite vacation spot: the old Holiday Inn in Grand Forks before the Expresses took over, and I would have enough left over to include the pool, the arcade and billiard tables, not to mention the golf area (I don't know why either) and that Hockey game that was supposed to recreate the Miracle on Ice, however I would have included the Breakfast nook from the expresses 

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-twitter-moderation-eu-dsa-thierry-breton-2022-4

One of the European Union's top lawmakers has issued a warning to Elon Musk over his takeover of Twitter.

EU commissioner for the internal market Thierry Breton warned Musk against getting too lax on content moderation in comments to The Financial Times.

Breton told The FT he wanted to give Musk a "reality check" on his plans for more relaxed content moderation.

"We welcome everyone. We are open but on our conditions. At least we know what to tell him: 'Elon, there are rules. You are welcome but these are our rules. It's not your rules which will apply here,'" Breton told The FT.

Breton was one of the driving forces behind the Digital Services Act, a new package of EU legislation that passed Saturday, bringing in stricter laws on how tech giants moderate content on their platforms.

He said Twitter's board will have to meet Europe's laws on issues including moderation, transparency, and hate speech.

Breton said if Twitter fails to comply, the EU could fine the company 6% of its annual revenue or even ban it from operating in Europe entirely.

3 minutes ago, Piggy 1 said:

Elon for President........

It could happen you know

Elon vs The Rock 

But he's not even really American so unlikely 

Altho Obama was born in Kenya so.... 

(My understanding of Twitter is what used to be written on public washroom stalls. ) 

Edited by Goalie

5 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Like any other social media - it feeds you according to what you retweet or like

Twitter? Nm.  The comments are a little much. Racism and other garbage spewed about like Facebook lol  Even on Jets and delish comments.  

Edited by Goalie

17 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Twitter? Nm.  The comments are a little much. Racism and other garbage spewed about like Facebook lol  Even on Jets and delish comments.  

If you believe the Jets suck, twitter will reinforce that for you

If you believe Covid will kill us all, twitter will reinforce that for you

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65536392

Ousted Fox News host Tucker Carlson has announced he is launching a new show on Twitter.

The announcement came in a video on the social media site two weeks after his sudden exit from Fox News.

Carlson said: "You can't have a free society if people aren't allowed to say what they think is true."

Elon Musk said Twitter had not signed a deal with the host, who would be subject to the same rules as other "content creators".

On Tuesday, Carlson said he would be bringing a "new version" of his show to Twitter soon in a message captioned "we're back".