Game 76 @ Tampa

iHeart

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Tampa fans think guys falling down are penalties 

To be fair he passed it to Connor 

To be fairer he did just what he was complaining the whole team has been doing in not being “accountable”. Just because he isn’t Wheeler or Scheifele doesn’t mean he’s not immune to the odd critique. 

2 minutes ago, iHeart said:

a couple of unanswered goals would be nice right about now

Couple shots would be a start 

Just now, iHeart said:

oh man there's going to be a hearing on Monday

yeah Perry we haven't forgotten what you did to use in the playoffs....twice

For what? 

Perry gets under the skin of ppl and they lose their crap. Hes essentially a pro troll. Nothing he's done has been that awful tho. Jets are self destructing

Jets just look lost. Obviously they have given up. Man 2 man D tho is killing this team every game 

I just don't get it most of the year we had Dillion with Pionk now we have a top 4 that are also our smallest D-men. How did this team get over .500? Feel sorry for Helly, Connor, Morissey. Hopefully Helly does not ask to be traded after the year......

If we go 6 and 0 and Dallas goes 0 and 7 we make it. 

1 win for Dallas tho and officially done. Jets can hit 93 points. Dallas has 91 right now. 

It's been over since March tho or really American Thanksgiving in November 

Edited by Goalie

11 hours ago, Goalie said:

Connor Stastny ehlers all hinting at problems In the room..

Think it's pretty obvious now 

Please elaborate. You have said this again  and again, along with Maurice saying he doesn’t coach your favorite pariahs, but do you have any hard evidence or just internet rumours? And a player taking a bad penalty or not back-checking or missing his assignment does not always equate to a “problem in the room”. 

40 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Please elaborate.

Not all rumours......On first page of this thread I posted a twitter comment by ates.... q and a with ehlers. Ehlers is critical of the players. 

there are other publicly made player comments that are similar.

wheeler is a very good player, but he seems to have a chip on his shoulder for any kind of criticism of the players. And, He acts like talking to the fans, through the media, and answering questions is not part of his job. 

In other words.... a union man 🙂

Edited by Mark F

4 hours ago, Mark F said:

Not all rumours......On first page of this thread I posted a twitter comment by ates.... q and a with ehlers. Ehlers is critical of the players. 

there are other publicly made player comments that are similar.

wheeler is a very good player, but he seems to have a chip on his shoulder for any kind of criticism of the players. And, He acts like talking to the fans, through the media, and answering questions is not part of his job. 

In other words.... a union man 🙂

I guess I equate “problem in the room” differently. Throwing a player’s tracksuit in the shower, that’s a problem in the room. Ehlers’ criticism is that players are passing up basic shots to make the pretty play, or not playing straight line hockey, and as he says it’s team-wide, not just one or two guys. And then he himself was guilty of it on a power play, passing up a slot shot to pass down to Connor on the goal line. But the suggestion seems to be that Wheeler and Scheifele get to dictate the line combos and run the team. Maybe it’s just that they have produced well enough together to be our best two players the last 5 years, and adding Connor made Connor an elite scorer in the past few years. 

In the end, the whole “problem in the locker room” angle seems to suggest that the issue is culture and not personnel. Well to me to harsh truth is that this team does not have the talent to compete right now. Wheeler still can make passes with the best of them, but his body is breaking down and he should be more of a Joe Thornton 2nd line guy by now. Dubois looks like a good power forward but still takes too many penalties. Scheifele is still playing the old “transition off the rush” system that worked when the team had a mobile, puck moving defence, but he has not adapted to the changing personnel around him or other teams’s adjustments. And there is definitely something not right between the ears since he got suspended. Ehlers is still brilliant at zone entry, but again is somewhat injury prone. And Connor is a sniper who still has the same defensive deficiencies. And that’s about it. Stastny has probably over-achieved,  but I don’t think he is reliable for 20+ goals again. Copp was a good third liner who they needed to play top line, which speaks to a depth problem. And Lowry is being overpaid if he is a 4th liner, and playing above his head and underproducing for a what a 2nd or 3rd liner should be. The only blue chipper in the pipeline right now is Perfetti, and he is a few years away from being top-line ready. 

And the defence was not fixed with the trades. Morrissey is not an elite number 1 d-man and I don’t really think anyone else right now is better than a second or third pairing guy. Sanberg may be a second pair guy next year, and I think Heinola is still a ways off, especially with his lack of size. This team wants to play the way they did 4 years ago, but they don’t have the personnel to play the same way. At this point none of their bottom 6 are “must keep”. Maybe a wholesale coaching change and a new defensive philosophy are needed until they can re-stock their cupboards after sacrificing a few picks to keep the playoff window open. Unless Barry Trotz shakes free, maybe a Ken Hitchcock type. 

54 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

guess I equate “problem in the room” differently. T

Sure.... it can mean a few things

we can only guess, but it seems like some of the players are not listening to, or doing what the coach is telling them to do.

thats one problem in the room. 

they , (the stars ), do not drive to the net, or whatever its called, and I just read lowry saying he preaches that every day.... so.... they ignore him. Horrible behavior on the players part, if thats going on.

how can you have a functioning hockey team if the players ignore the coach?

Current Fan favourites stastny, dubois do. Maybe new guy barron will.

between players..... I have no idea about that ... on the surface they get along, but who knows. Cone of silence.

anyway, good analysis by you, thanks

Edited by Mark F

30 minutes ago, iHeart said:

and what if it turns out neither of them are the problem?

Then the next scapegoat will emerge. Dubois will start getting bashed for all the penalties he takes (right now the worst in the league) and people will ignore all the penalties he draws (best in the league). 

I’ve said it before , and I’ll repeat it until it sinks in - Wheeler is not being traded. His contract is not something that is moveable with the cap situation In the NHL right now. And they aren’t going to retain 50% of his salary and operate with a salary cap of $4 million less than every other team. The Jets are not going to waive him and give up 15-20 goals and 50-60 assists for nothing, besides, his no-move clause prohibits it. If they buy him out, it costs them $2.5 million for the next 4 years, again, to have nothing to replace him. 

Now, of a team is interested in Scheifele with his contract and it benefits the Jets, then nothing is off the table. But to give up a 30 goal, 85 point centre because fans are pissy because of one missed playoff year is a path to disaster. Watch the Oilers and Sabres for the past decade overreacting to every tough year. Do not care to become that, thanks. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

5 hours ago, iHeart said:

and what if it turns out neither of them are the problem?

They aren't the only problem but it appears they are part of it, the Jets problems aren't just 55 and or 26, it's just not, but you had a coach in Paul who quit earlier because he just couldn't reach them anymore.  There are problems. Wheeler is the captain ffs, scheif is his assistant,  Wheeler tries hard but he's getting old for a player now. Scheif isn't exactly old... looks like he doesn't try that hard most nights, they are the leaders... it starts with them,  this team didn't listen to Paul,  it's not listening to Dave... it's pretty obvious they are part of the problem and since they are the leaders of the room and there are problems in the room, it's cuz of the leaders. Maybe Blake's pissy attitude and excuses are wearing thin with the younger guys like KC ehlers Dubois who do tend to show up...they ain't half assing it. 

But obviously coaching Is a problem... Lowry huddy kompon all need to go. All. Huddy the most. A new coach needs to pick his own staff not inherit guys who are friends with the owner. Why is huddy still here since day 1? Seriously ... our D and man 2 man garbage sucks. 

55 and 26 are part of the problem as is the coaching, time to hand the team over to the younger hungrier crew... worst case scenario? We miss the playoffs but get a shot at Bedard next year??. 

I'll take a team of guys who try hard nightly and actually play the right way as they say  

100 bucks a ticket. It doesn't say a win is guaranteed but atleast show some damn effort and give a ****. 

This year's team is the Bombers after that 55 0 or whatever it was Labour Day Ass whooping in Tim Burkes debut.

There are problems. It's obvious 

Edited by Goalie