Ring of Honour - who is next?

Stanley Bryant has won 3 MOOL (should have been 4), but his first came while playing for CGY. Still, he has won twice (and been robbed once) and is a 4-time All-Star as a Bomber. Going into his 8th season with us now and he isn't even done stacking up awards yet. Shoe-in first ballot candidate when it's his time.

Wade Miller likely does deserve some form of recognition. On the field he defied expectations by setting (and holding for some time) records for STT. Off the field he lead the charge in restoring and rebuilding the culture around the team. But it should wait til he's no longer associated with team management or risk looking a little too self-congratulatory.

O'sh get's a friggin statue or I'm rioting

Edited by MOBomberFan
doublepost, weed-addled memory

3 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Stanley Bryant has won 3 MOOL (should have been 4), but his first came while playing for CGY. Still, he has won twice (and been robbed once) and is a 4-time All-Star as a Bomber. Going into his 8th season with us now and he isn't even done stacking up awards yet. Shoe-in first ballot candidate when it's his time.

The absolute brilliance of getting him here as an FA, and then keeping him here for so many seasons, cannot be overstated

It has been said before - he was one of the key components of the 'culture shift'

Am I mis-remembering? Big Stan won the MOOL with the Bombers in 2017, 2018 and 2021......no? He did not win with Calgary, I don't think...

CFL's Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman Award winners
  • 2021 – Stanley Bryant (OT), Winnipeg Blue Bombers.
  • 2020 – season cancelled - covid 19.
  • 2019 - Chris Van Zeyl (OT), Hamilton Tiger-Cats.
  • 2018 – Stanley Bryant (OT), Winnipeg Blue Bombers.
  • 2017 – Stanley Bryant (OT), Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

18 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Jack Jacobs was with the Bombers for 5 seasons and is on the ring. So that is the precedent for minimum service with the club for now. Bighill is in year 4 this season (5 if you count 2020 where he did not play but was under contract) Willie J going into year 3 (4 including COVID year). Although Bighill is only one of 2 Bombers to win DMOP twice with the team and only one of 6 CFLers ever to win it 3 times overall, I think he is a ways away and not a guaranteed honouree given who is still not up there.Bryant yes and likely the first of this current group, Willie J needs a few more years, Harris is possible but not before Roberts, and maybe not before Willard Reaves, who may himself not get up there. Reaves also was here 5 years. 

5 seasons sounds like a good minimum.

I personally feel like some people want to throw way too many names up there. 

On 2022-05-12 at 5:39 PM, Noeller said:

Am I mis-remembering? Big Stan won the MOOL with the Bombers in 2017, 2018 and 2021......no? He did not win with Calgary, I don't think...

CFL's Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman Award winners
  • 2021 – Stanley Bryant (OT), Winnipeg Blue Bombers.
  • 2020 – season cancelled - covid 19.
  • 2019 - Chris Van Zeyl (OT), Hamilton Tiger-Cats.
  • 2018 – Stanley Bryant (OT), Winnipeg Blue Bombers.
  • 2017 – Stanley Bryant (OT), Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

So basically Bryant has been the CFL’s MOOL for the past five years…