Ring of Honour - who is next?

From Mike O'shea era teams Medlock, Harris, Bryant are all locks. Biggie and Willie will be in that range in a couple more years. One that you could make an arguement for is Mike Miller he end up being head and shoulders above anyone else in  special teams teams tackles in the history of the league.

4 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

From Mike O'shea era teams Medlock, Harris, Bryant are all locks. Biggie and Willie will be in that range in a couple more years. One that you could make an arguement for is Mike Miller he end up being head and shoulders above anyone else in  special teams teams tackles in the history of the league.

We’re going to need more rings lol

18 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Collaros could be too if he has a couple more years like last year. 

On 2022-03-09 at 10:49 AM, TrueBlue4ever said:

Thanks for verbalizing my thoughts on this. He was brilliant and my all-time favorite QB, and deserving of the “ring”, but it does open up the question of why makes one “ring-worthy”? 

I think you answered your own question by saying words like "brilliant" as well as "all time favorite". How can Tom Clements not be up there? The other question is, after Clements & before Collaros, what other qbs won us Grey Cups & were CFL MOP's at the same time? Not Salisbury & not Burgess. In other words, Clements & Collaros won a championship & dominated the league the same year? That's why both deserve a place on the ROH. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

9 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Bob Irving ought to be there. He has been associated with the Bombers for so long and so well that he has earned it.

I dunno, I feel like a few other people will make it before Bob.

Ken Ploen, Gerry James, Milt Stegall, Dieter Brock, Leo Lewis, Bud Grant, Herb Gray, Doug Brown, Jack Jacobs, Fritz Hanson and Bob Cameron come to mind... Maybe even in that exact order!

• 1 month later...
59 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Andrew Harris once he retires  

Is Blink already a member? If not maybe he should be 

Wade Miller even? What he's done off the field is pretty impressive 

Harris seems like he’d be a shoe in, some day. Sir Charles, would like to see his name up there because of the years of excitement he provided. Never gave much thought to Miller, but yeah, off the field he’s added real foundational impact to the franchise. 

I'd think somebody like Greg Battle or Joe Poplawski goes in next, probably Cal Murphy too.

Current Bombers that go in once they're no longer here: Mike O'Shea is at the top of that list without a doubt. Might actually be the only Bomber I'd currently put in there too.

Bryant would be the other name I'd consider - Willie/Bighill/Collaros haven't been around long enough YET.

43 minutes ago, Mike said:

I'd think somebody like Greg Battle or Joe Poplawski goes in next, probably Cal Murphy too.

Current Bombers that go in once they're no longer here: Mike O'Shea is at the top of that list without a doubt. Might actually be the only Bomber I'd currently put in there too.

Bryant would be the other name I'd consider - Willie/Bighill/Collaros haven't been around long enough YET.

Bryant is a no doubter 2 MOL (should of been 3) been here 7 season now? Wonder if they wait on Cal since he already has a statue outside the building.

50 minutes ago, Mike said:

Bryant without a doubt gets in. I wanted to make the case for Harris as well but he only played 5 seasons in Winnipeg, obviously feels longer with the pandemic lost year. 

18 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Bryant is a no doubter 2 MOL (should of been 3) been here 7 season now? Wonder if they wait on Cal since he already has a statue outside the building.

3 MOOL and should have been 4

As an aside (speaking of players who won a lot of individual awards) I was just reading this book about CFL in the 90s and it said Doug Flutie was in the league 8 seasons and won the CFL MOP 6x. That is insane. 

Okay back to Ring Of Honour!

33 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Bryant without a doubt gets in. I wanted to make the case for Harris as well but he only played 5 seasons in Winnipeg, obviously feels longer with the pandemic lost year. 

Jack Jacobs was with the Bombers for 5 seasons and is on the ring. So that is the precedent for minimum service with the club for now. Bighill is in year 4 this season (5 if you count 2020 where he did not play but was under contract) Willie J going into year 3 (4 including COVID year). Although Bighill is only one of 2 Bombers to win DMOP twice with the team and only one of 6 CFLers ever to win it 3 times overall, I think he is a ways away and not a guaranteed honouree given who is still not up there.Bryant yes and likely the first of this current group, Willie J needs a few more years, Harris is possible but not before Roberts, and maybe not before Willard Reaves, who may himself not get up there. Reaves also was here 5 years. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever