Three-peat Kickoff Countdown

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I stopped posting here as I can't downlaod most photos. And I can't insert images from URL. Doesn't matter what browser I use. Notghing works. I just gave up.

I have generally gone to Google, entered the player and looked in images. Then click on the image until it lets me copy it, and then go to the insert image from URL and click “paste” and it downloads the URL in most cases. If you have a player in mind, just say and I’ll see if I can assist. 

4 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I have generally gone to Google, entered the player and looked in images. Then click on the image until it lets me copy it, and then go to the insert image from URL and click “paste” and it downloads the URL in most cases. If you have a player in mind, just say and I’ll see if I can assist. 

It won't let me insert. Also no icon to select for paste. Some kinda glitch.

Ticats Dick Cohee (24) carries the ball en route to scoring the first TD in the 1965 Grey Cup.

Phil Minnick

Phil Minnick - 1968 O-Pee-Chee CFL #58 - Vintage Football Card Gallery

One of my favourite Blue Bomber player. Middle Linebacker Phil Minnick #54 chasing down Ti Cats Halfback D i c k Cohee during the 1965 Grey Cup. A bad knee injury early in the 1970 season required Minnick to miss nearly two full seasons as well as having played on some very bad football teams after this Grey Cup appearance prevented Minnick from being mentioned as one of the CFL Elites at the middle linebacker position. Had he stayed healthy & played on competitive Bomber teams, I believe he'd have been mentioned with players of his era like Jerry "Soupy" Campbell, Mark Kosmos, Don Bahnuik, Ray Nettles & Wayne Harris.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

When Neuf spotted me wearing my #53 jersey at the 2019 parade, he looked incredibly touched as I'm guessing he probably doesn't see too many.

"Nice jersey man", said he. "You're the greatest", said I.

We both avoided a lot of discomfort when he didn't notice CATAN on the back.

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost

On 2022-04-15 at 4:00 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

Gerry James #28 in the 1958 Grey Cup.

Outstanding two sport athlete, and Holder of a record that definitely will not be equalled.

"In a period overlapping the 1959 CFL season and 1959–60 NHL season, James became the only player to play in the CFL's Grey Cup (November 28, 1959—won cup) and the NHL's Stanley Cup (first game April 9, 1960—lost cup) in the same season."

still alive and kicking.

Edited by Mark F

6 hours ago, Mark F said:

Outstanding two sport athlete, and Holder of a record that definitely will not be equalled.

"In a period overlapping the 1959 CFL season and 1959–60 NHL season, James became the only player to play in the CFL's Grey Cup (November 28, 1959—won cup) and the NHL's Stanley Cup (first game April 9, 1960—lost cup) in the same season."

still alive and kicking.

Yeah he was my coach and g.m for a yr of junior hockey actually...he always said I suited grass more than ice haha

Well there is also this option. Just the guy who can claim maybe the greatest play in Blue Bomber history. 

73729-103Fr.jpg

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

There was this guy. MLB Mickey Doyle 1970-73. Also played for the Stamps & Lions during the 75 season. Knee injury in the 72 Western Final blew out his career. A Western Conference All Star in 1972.

7bb6795e2fab9c8e53576f0890eeb208.jpg

Ernie Pitts....this guy is going back to the Grant Cup Years and was one helluva receiver .... played a little DB as well....In 59' he scored 16 td's including a 107 yd. pitch and catch from Ploen....Solid receiver and go to guy back in the day.....His life ended tragically when he attended a birthday party for his daughter and his estranged wife shot and killed him....This guy really lit up the old stadium...exciting to watch and always a fond memory and part of the golden Cup years of the late 50's early sixties