Three-peat Kickoff Countdown

Benjamin was voted the dirtiest player in the league by his peers in a player poll when he was with Ottawa. Once ran downfield 30 years on an interception return for a touchdown to spear a Bomber blocker who was on the ground out of bounds, earned him a suspension. 

When he got traded to Winnipeg in 1989 he actually was somewhat afraid to walk into the dressing room and face a few defensive players he knew he had knowingly taken cheap shots at, unsure how they might react if he offered to explain himself. As soon as he entered the dressing room, Ty Jones and James West walked right up to him and West said “Look, we don’t want to talk about things you have done in the past against us. You are our teammate now, so that stuff stays buried. We have your back now, just like we expect you to have ours.” 

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

255830669_10158227790840718_591950079314

Obituary of Charles Alfred Harrison | McInnis & Holloway Funeral Ho...

Offensive Left Tackle Chuck Harrison #67. Played for the Bombers from 1967-73.

Harrison was a very good tackle & a Canadian which is nearly unheard of today. He protected Don Jonas' blindside during the brief resurgence of the team under Head Coach Jim Spavital in 1971-72 when the Bombers offensive line was the best in the CFL & were known as "The Hogs". Before Jonas, he also made sure that quarterbacks like Ken Ploen, Rich Badar, Lou Confessori, John Schneider, Luther Selbo, Rick Cassatta, Ron Johnson, Wally Gabler & Benji Dial were well taken care of as well. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

So, speaking of "Countdown To Kickoff..." Just picked up our tix for the home opener on June 10th vs Ottawa. Already had the flights booked, so now we're all set. Going to be a hell of a weekend, with some brewery touring and maybe even wet a line in the river while we're home. Counting down the days, indeed......

7 hours ago, Noeller said:

So, speaking of "Countdown To Kickoff..." Just picked up our tix for the home opener on June 10th vs Ottawa. Already had the flights booked, so now we're all set. Going to be a hell of a weekend, with some brewery touring and maybe even wet a line in the river while we're home. Counting down the days, indeed......

Did you buy a Flex Pack?

53 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Did you buy a Flex Pack?

Flex Packs didn't work for us as not enough Saturday game options. Our work sched is too tight for Thursday or Friday games. One of these years I will, tho, just to support the team. With single game tix on sale as of today, we just bought for the home opener. We're home again in August and will do the same for that game. I love the view from 226....

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Flex Packs didn't work for us as not enough Saturday game options. Our work sched is too tight for Thursday or Friday games. One of these years I will, tho, just to support the team. With single game tix on sale as of today, we just bought for the home opener. We're home again in August and will do the same for that game. I love the view from 226....

I have a 3 game Flex pack. I haven't picked the games yet but the Banjo Bowl is a given. Slight wrench has been thrown in as my wife's cousin passed away a couple of weeks ago & her family is planning a memorial either in June or July. My son & daughter in law in Seattle are going to Mexico in in October for their fourth wedding anniversary.  We're going down for a week to house sit & take care of their dog. So, I'll have to work around those two committments. 

11 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

There are a number of options, but I know who you want to see there. 

Yes, you know who. But others have worn that number with pride & distinction. If I was a lineman that would be the number I'd want.

Edited by SpeedFlex27