Three-peat Kickoff Countdown

a no-doubter for 77...... as an aside, I collect vintage Bombers jerseys, and am regularly scouring eBay for new items. Someone has a game worn Mikawos 77 on there for like $500. Whewwwwww....spicy meatball. Too steep for my taste, but a cool item for a die hard fan, I suppose...

Was at a duck unlimited event that Walby and Mikawso were at. I was bidding on 66 oz flask all night and Walby eventually outbid me. I wanted it real bad so I spent a hour negotiating/chatting with Walby finally we agreed to a price. Probably  paid him way to much for it but got him and Mikawos to sign it. The story is worth what I paid lol.

7 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Was at a duck unlimited event that Walby and Mikawso were at. I was bidding on 66 oz flask all night and Walby eventually outbid me. I wanted it real bad so I spent a hour negotiating/chatting with Walby finally we agreed to a price. Probably  paid him way to much for it but got him and Mikawos to sign it. The story is worth what I paid lol.

that is amazing.... hope you still have it as a keepsake somewhere!

12 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Still have the bottle, I presume?

8 hours ago, Noeller said:

a no-doubter for 77...... as an aside, I collect vintage Bombers jerseys, and am regularly scouring eBay for new items. Someone has a game worn Mikawos 77 on there for like $500. Whewwwwww....spicy meatball. Too steep for my taste, but a cool item for a die hard fan, I suppose...

If it was I player I watched and loved, I’d absolutely pay that price for a game worn jersey.

16 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

How can Darrell Patterson be overlooked? And he's also our DL Coach!! Two Grey Cup rings with us. One as a player in 1984 & last season as an assistant coach. This guy is a Bomber through & through. 

𝗗𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗶𝗻 𝗕𝗮𝘂𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴 on Twitter: "Winnipeg has a new D-line coach in  former #Bombers GC champion (player, 1984) Darrell Patterson. 30 years of  coaching experience with nine NCAA programs, Patterson was most recently

Are you seriously ranking Darryl Patterson ahead of Bud Grant?

7 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Are you seriously ranking Darryl Patterson ahead of Bud Grant?

Are you serious or joking? What has Bud Grant have to do with it? Just recognizing the impact Darryl Patterson has had with the team as a player & now a coach. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

34 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Are you serious or joking? What has Bud Grant have to do with it? Just recognizing the impact Darryl Patterson has had with the team as a player & now a coach. 

You said he was overlooked, implying to me that he should have been picked for #76. I opted for Grant, thought he’d be the obvious choice. But feel free to post extra pictures of other players if you’d like. 

Three strong candidates with Mike Holmes (Brock’s go-to wideout in the late 70’s) and Norm Rauhaus (still #2 all-time on the club’s Career INT list), but I went with the best photo I could find and gave it to Boyd. Classic look with the mustard yellow pants and blue side stripe, with the striped socks and blue face mask on the bright gold helmet. Bonus points for the yellow towel. 

100997-7081560Fr.jpg