Three-peat Kickoff Countdown

On 2022-03-09 at 12:06 PM, bigg jay said:

Yep, He's born & raised in Winnipeg.  I was in elementary school with his sister for a couple years and i think my brother knew Don a bit back then too.

I had brunch with him and a few others years ago.  He didn't eat anymore than me. I am not sure that is a good look for me. 

He seemed like a good enough kid but really got on my case for cheering for Toronto Raptors instead of the front runner of the day. I didn't want to mention it but at the time a front runner wouldn't be cheering for his team.

Jim Van Pelt....the guy who took Ploen's job in tc ....This guy at it all ,until he suffered a shoulder separation against the Esks. (Rollie Miles) after he took a shot out of bounds....Walked away from the game and joined the Air Force....I was quite surprised when he made that call....guy had a great future in football

On 2022-03-13 at 1:47 PM, TrueBlue4ever said:

16526919-1600x1467.jpg

man this guy did some great things for us.  Comes back after being cut in 2016 and gets 100% dialed in with Nichols on that lethal endzone corner route in 2016 and 2017 -- for awhile those two were like Ricky Ray and Jason Tucker.  Will always be a fan.

He was a giant part of the 2016 breakthrough season that proved out the Canadian Mafia and gave them time to build the current juggernaut.  Real pivotal player in a pivotal point in Bomber history.  Wish we could've won him a ring.

I think there's a dark timeline where we don't have Clarence Denmark waiting in the wings in 2016 ... Dressler can't do it alone ... the team doesn't break through ... Walters runs out of runway ... and now, in 2022 Mike O'Shea is back selling pharma and Jim Barker is the coach and GM of the Bombers.

Edited by johnzo

On 2022-03-16 at 11:08 AM, Stickem said:

Jim Van Pelt....the guy who took Ploen's job in tc ....This guy at it all ,until he suffered a shoulder separation against the Esks. (Rollie Miles) after he took a shot out of bounds....Walked away from the game and joined the Air Force....I was quite surprised when he made that call....guy had a great future in football

Van Pelt didn't have a choice. He was drafted into the US Air Force in 1960. The Bombers wanted him to resume his playing career in 1963 once he was discharged. He was the team;'s guest during the 1962 Grey Cup weekend. However, he decided to stay retired & went tnto private business in Chicago.