Three-peat Kickoff Countdown

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

No one who is currently playing for another CFL team can be on the countdown list, IMO.

---

In about 60 days. ;) 

I would not dispute that stipulation. So no pics of former Bombers in other teams’ jerseys either?  Got it. 
———

Or 70 days. 😉

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

Let me understand this... Are you saying that former players are disqualified because they played elsewhere afterward? So, Dieter Brock is disqualified because he was traded to Hamilton? Andrew Harris because he's now an Argo? That makes no sense. If a guy played for us he should be allowed to be posted with his number in a Bomber uniform. I agree that Harris shouldn't qualify as an Argo. Or Brock as a Ti Cat. But I'm hoping former players in a Bomber uniform when they played for us are allowed. Maybe I'm just reading it wrong. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

11 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He wore #99 until 1959 when numbers were changed. 

I will defer to the number showing on the Ring of Honour. However, thanks for pulling up the picture, I always appreciate those who respect the history of the club and tout it beyond the last 21 seasons, and you always provide a needed shout-out to the days of yore prior to Milt/Khari that need to be celebrated and that the “older” generation like you and I got to witness first-hand. Your 1970’s input is especially refreshing for so many who do not know enough about a somewhat unheralded era in the club’s existence. Keep those number suggestions coming! And that goes for everyone else too!

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Let me understand this... Are you saying that former players are disqualified because they played elsewhere afterward? So, Dieter Brock is disqualified because he was traded to Hamilton? Andrew Harris because he's now an Argo? That makes no sense. If a guy played for us he should be allowed to be posted with his number in a Bomber uniform. I agree that Harris shouldn't qualify as an Argo. But I'm hoping former players in a Bomber uniform are allowed. 

I feel any worthy Bomber is appropriate, but can respect the sore feelings if an active player has moved on and is still playing (I imagine that Andrew Harris may be an exception for some, though).  Since Brock is now retired, there should be no reason to exclude him. Honestly, I am happy to throw up a guy like Darvin Adams (for just one example) for all he did for us, even if he wears a RedBlack jersey now (lest we forget that his last ever catch in Blue and Gold was a Grey Cup winning score). I’ll let JCon express his views on whether someone like Harris should be omitted. It’s all a part of discussion in a democratic fandom. Bottom line is, we are inside 100 days to the start of the regular season, people!!!!!! Get lit, MBB!!!!!!!!!!

19 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I feel any worthy Bomber is appropriate, but can respect the sore feelings if an active player has moved on and is still playing (I imagine that Andrew Harris may be an exception for some, though).  Since Brock is now retired, there should be no reason to exclude him. Honestly, I am happy to throw up a guy like Darvin Adams (for just one example) for all he did for us, even if he wears a RedBlack jersey now (lest we forget that his last ever catch in Blue and Gold was a Grey Cup winning score). I’ll let JCon express his views on whether someone like Harris should be omitted. It’s all a part of discussion in a democratic fandom. Bottom line is, we are inside 100 days to the start of the regular season, people!!!!!! Get lit, MBB!!!!!!!!!!

As long as they played for the Bombers then anyone should be eligible. That's my opinion, anyway.

53 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Let me understand this... Are you saying that former players are disqualified because they played elsewhere afterward? So, Dieter Brock is disqualified because he was traded to Hamilton? Andrew Harris because he's now an Argo? That makes no sense. If a guy played for us he should be allowed to be posted with his number in a Bomber uniform. I agree that Harris shouldn't qualify as an Argo. Or Brock as a Ti Cat. But I'm hoping former players in a Bomber uniform when they played for us are allowed. Maybe I'm just reading it wrong. 

JCon suggested that no Bomber "Currently" playing for another team should be brought forward - so Harris would indeed be out while Brock would be fine.

I like the idea, personally. 

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Not Gerry James or “Stove” Richardson?

As a fan in their mid-30's, it's Walls for me. 

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

JCon suggested that no Bomber "Currently" playing for another team should be brought forward - so Harris would indeed be out while Brock would be fine.

I like the idea, personally. 

As a fan in their mid-30's, it's Walls for me. 

Well, since this is a discussion board & there's no fast or strict rules then on the 33rd day before the season starts you'll probably see Harris here that day. He was the GC MVP for us in 2019. We'd have not won both GC's without him. 

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

Well, since this is a discussion board & there's no fast or strict rules then on the 33rd day before the season starts you'll probably see Harris here that day. He was the GC MVP for us in 2019. We'd have not won both GC's without him. 

Meh, you do you, man.

Like you say, it's a discussion board and just something that someone threw up as an idea.