Jump to content

2022 CFL Free Agency(Rumors/official signings)


Nolby
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Booch said:

screw it....use harris money we had set aside that he balked at...and whatever we have left for others and toss it at Strev....we can recruit another DB and receiver...I sure we can scrap 250k or so to manage that...add in a per start bonus too if ZC gets IR'd

Ed Tait

@EdTaitWFC

Kyle Walters: "We don't have much left to spend today; I don't think there will be much from the

@Wpg_BlueBombers

today." Will possibly examine price points of available FAs later in the week

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Doublezero said:

Ed Tait

@EdTaitWFC

Kyle Walters: "We don't have much left to spend today; I don't think there will be much from the

@Wpg_BlueBombers

today." Will possibly examine price points of available FAs later in the week

he always says that...but thats also as they have numbers in with guys, and need to have it available if they choose our offer..u dont just toss money everywhere and then have a guy u really want say yes...and u spent that allotment on a shiny new impulse buy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

We'll see how good because they will have to be great because their DL is about as tough as a wet noodle now.

and Laurent is off the table now...not much else left as Stove is basically as good as gone to BC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

All I’ve seen is that he was a rare bright spot on the Elks D, was their nominee for MODP which may not mean much on that roster. Definitely curious about $ for he and Sankey.

All I know is that we roasted him pretty badly in our games against Edmonton. What he did against other teams? Not sure but he sure didn't impress me with his games against us.

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

he always says that...but thats also as they have numbers in with guys, and need to have it available if they choose our offer..u dont just toss money everywhere and then have a guy u really want say yes...and u spent that allotment on a shiny new impulse buy

He said that last year just before signing Bryant Mitchell. Not saying he has that kind of purchasing power this year but Walters plays his cards pretty close to his vest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Booch said:

screw it....use harris money we had set aside that he balked at...and whatever we have left for others and toss it at Strev....we can recruit another DB and receiver...I sure we can scrap 250k or so to manage that...add in a per start bonus too if ZC gets IR'd

All the reports I read say Streveler wants starter money. That would likely put him in the $350,000-400,000 range based on market valuation. Whether he would actually command that once the dust settles is speculative, teams are spending at a decent clip right now, so maybe no one makes an offer near that and he has to re-evaluate. But he could make $225,000-250,000 just sitting on an NFL practice roster. If he’s going to ride the pine as a back-up, makes more sense to him to stick it out in The Show. Right now it would most likely take more than that salary to lure him back here. Not sure I see the Bombers spending $850,000+ on their QBs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

and Laurent is off the table now...not much else left as Stove is basically as good as gone to BC

I don't want us spending big on vets at DT anyway. Probably the easiest recruitable position in the CFL.  Also, I think if we go the vet route I would rather go for a Drake Nevis who will likely come cheap and provide lots of bang for the buck.

Edited by GCn20
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Other than goal line QB sneaks he hasnt shown a whole heck of a lot. I think we could do better for our backup QB.

Maybe we can do better, that's true. But McGuire saw very few reps except for one game vs MTL under adverse weather conditions in a nothing game with #2 offence.

Yes, he tossed 4 picks in that game but the picks weren't all on the QB. Hell, Bo Levi Mitchell threw 4 picks in one game this year.

Once he settled down McGuire orchestrated a very good TD drive in the MTL game and, if I remember right, a later FG.

Just one of those situations where he just didn't get to play enough for anyone to really see what he could or couldn't do. 

Edited by Doublezero
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I don't want us spending big on vets at DT anyway. Probably the easiest recruitable position in the CFL.  Also, I think if we go the vet route I would rather go for a Drake Nevis who will likely come cheap and provide lots of bang for the buck.

THAT was a reference as to whats left for Riders to shore their line...I fine with Sayles and the new recruits and Walker/Rose

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

All the reports I read say Streveler wants starter money. That would likely put him in the $350,000-400,000 range based on market valuation. Whether he would actually command that once the dust settles is speculative, teams are spending at a decent clip right now, so maybe no one makes an offer near that and he has to re-evaluate. But he could make $225,000-250,000 just sitting on an NFL practice roster. If he’s going to ride the pine as a back-up, makes more sense to him to stick it out in The Show. Right now it would most likely take more than that salary to lure him back here. Not sure I see the Bombers spending $850,000+ on their QBs. 

There are no more starter jobs and if he can make an NFL roster then that's where he'll be.

But, if that well runs dry (and it seems like that may be the case), he's going to come to the CFL on a back-up deal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...