Jump to content

2022 CFL Free Agency(Rumors/official signings)


Nolby
 Share

Recommended Posts

Does anyone know if a signing bonus was contingent on the workout? Or the signing in general? 

It's not the Winnipeg Andrew Harris's so really... it doesn't matter in the long run as he's going on 35 and for a RB that's pretty old so this day was coming soon 

It's unfortunate the way it ended. It's unfortunate this article came out also 

All could have been avoided and they could have amicably split but guess Andrew didn't want that. That's the shitty part to me. Andrew decided to go out like this. 

Bombers? They just posting thank yous to the goat on social media 

Edited by Goalie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Guess he got pissed cuz they wanted him to do a workout? 

He refused I guess. Wonder why he refused?? That's the real story 

Why did Harris refuse the workout? 

At the risk of being called a Riderfan, I will suggest there is only one plausible reason for not doing the workout. Ego.

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

If as a vet and a ni star mos loses trust in you you have fked up at the highest level. 

We've seen countless times him ride or die with fringe at best players because he trusted them. 

Can't say how disappointed I am in the ending. But the time is right for the Bombers to move on from Andrew Harris. It would've been a bad move to give him 150k this year. 

He's gonna be 35 he couldn't stay healthy last year and he lost mos trust. Plus we got 3 excellent nis to battle for every rb spot in camp. 

I never really thought of that, but yea, it takes a crap load for MOS to lose trust in his players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I feel bad for Andrew that he didn't get the opportunity to end his career here. I do not for one second think that he didn't play a big role in that though. If we had not won the Grey Cup last year, how steamed would we all be at him right now after learning he didn't show up in shape or focused last year. We had a good enough team to overcome that, thank goodness.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Just saying but Willie does his own deals, Jake Thomas does his own deals and alot of guys do.

Wille and Jeffcoat have same agent...Willie has done own deal before tho....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Of course they are dumping on him. He was defended to the limit when he was suspended for ped.

it is obnoxious, juvenile, and like it or not. Exactly what ridersfans  get slagged for.

pretty sure people wouldnt be mentioning " things they cant post, and things they noticed on the sidelines" if he was still with the team.

You say "they". But as far as I can see that was 1 person.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Awesome.

To be clear: we had a special run. It might even continue. But our money is worth the same as every other team's. The disbelief around here that anyone would ever want to leave, and that if they do it is an indication of some kind of deep issue is Riderfans territory, and it makes me feel gross.

The crapping on Harris would be hilarious if it wasn't so predictable.

First of all, many players re-signed this year did so well below market value. That's just an undeniable fact. You think Biggie couldn't have got more than 160k on the open market? Secondly, Harris himself admitted to these deep issues. They are HIS words not ours, we are simply discussing them. Look, obviously you are a massive Harris fan, and that's fine, but comparing us to Riderfans is ludicrous and over the top and quite frankly makes you look bad...not the rest of us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

At the risk of being called a Riderfan, I will suggest there is only one plausible reason for not doing the workout. Ego.

I never really thought of that, but yea, it takes a crap load for MOS to lose trust in his players.

ego....and possible he knows he not 100 percent healthy still...or yet

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Awesome.

To be clear: we had a special run. It might even continue. But our money is worth the same as every other team's. The disbelief around here that anyone would ever want to leave, and that if they do it is an indication of some kind of deep issue is Riderfans territory, and it makes me feel gross.

The crapping on Harris would be hilarious if it wasn't so predictable.

You are clearly confusing the forum agreeing with the decision to move on from Harris based on new information that came from Harris himself, with us crapping on him. Not the same thing. Not a single person here minimized his contribution to the team. Disappointment with the way he handled the exit? Absolutely and deservedly but that's 100% on Harris not on the fans. If that offends you or makes you feel gross well I don't know what you would expect from any fan base in the same situation. Harris opened up this can of worms, he went public, when he did so he opened himself up to an evaluation of his story.

Edited by GCn20
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

ego....and possible he knows he not 100 percent healthy still...or yet

This.

Let's be honest, the team knew what kind of shape he was in (injury wise) going into the Grey Cup so they may have reason to be cautious beyond the fact he's 35 years old.  "Andrew, we want you here but let's see where you're at .." isn't a big ask from the team given that point of view.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, voodoochylde said:

This.

Let's be honest, the team knew what kind of shape he was in (injury wise) going into the Grey Cup so they may have reason to be cautious beyond the fact he's 35 years old.  "Andrew, we want you here but let's see where you're at .." isn't a big ask from the team given that point of view.

and totally acceptable ask....Harris...as much as I love and appreciated what he did here, and will prob do once retired...acted pretty sucky about that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, voodoochylde said:

This.

Let's be honest, the team knew what kind of shape he was in (injury wise) going into the Grey Cup so they may have reason to be cautious beyond the fact he's 35 years old.  "Andrew, we want you here but let's see where you're at .." isn't a big ask from the team given that point of view.

I would hope we do this with every player coming off a season with multiple non contact injuries.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's about the money, not the workout or anything else for that matter.

Has Augustine's contract gone public? Harris was offered less than Augustine, which was the right thing for the Bombers to do... Give Harris the chance to end his career at home in blue. Harris chose money, which was the right thing for him to do. Bomber fans act like Rider fans when a great player leaves, which is what both teams fans always do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Regarding Harris and the Friesen article...

I look at it like this: Imagine knowing you have a big meeting coming up and you show up unprepared. Now, thankfully those in your area showed up and were more than capable of handling the slack you left - how do you think your bosses are going to think/feel, especially when it comes to performance review time?

Bottom line: Harris took his job for granted, and someone (or a duo) came in and filled in admirably, and the bosses noted.

I can't blame Bomber management one bit, and I think they were fully justified in their decision making - and considering how the organization stuck their neck out for Harris after his positive drug test (trace or more, you're still busted), he really didn't reward their faith by being out of shape, and I totally get why O'Shea would be miffed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

It's about the money, not the workout or anything else for that matter.

Has Augustine's contract gone public? Harris was offered less than Augustine, which was the right thing for the Bombers to do... Give Harris the chance to end his career at home in blue. Harris chose money, which was the right thing for him to do. Bomber fans act like Rider fans when a great player leaves, which is what both teams fans always do.

I don't think the fact he left for more money is what is of concern to most around here. The very public airing of laundry is the issue at hand as well as the validity of the request by the Bombers for Harris to undergo a physical and the fact that Harris deems this as being an act of disrespect to him and most of us are failing to understand why he feels that way.

Edited by GCn20
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

It's about the money, not the workout or anything else for that matter.

Has Augustine's contract gone public? Harris was offered less than Augustine, which was the right thing for the Bombers to do... Give Harris the chance to end his career at home in blue. Harris chose money, which was the right thing for him to do. Bomber fans act like Rider fans when a great player leaves, which is what both teams fans always do.

The number on Augustine is rumored to be somewhere in the 130k range.

3 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

See, you guys have me agreeing with TBURGESS! #wrongsideofhistory :)

(joking TBURGESS, don't mean to pile on)

That alone should tell you all you need to know about your viewpoint. lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BTW...Many players have had to do a physical, perform a workout prior to being signed...even vets, and almost always after an injury...or injury filled previous season...just sayin......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've thought about it......and I think Bighill is the true leader on the team, and a guy who prides himself on always working, and never putting himself ahead of the team. I think what's happened with Harris will be seen as him putting himself ahead of the team. I'm not sure who will become the vocal leader on offense now (I feel like Zach isn't the loud rah rah guy that Andrew was) but I think they'll be alright. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

I don't think the fact he left is what is of concern to most around here. The very public airing of laundry is the issue at hand as well as the validity of the request by the Bombers for Harris to undergo a physical.

If that's true, then folks are focusing on the wrong things.

When a star leaves a team for another team, stuff will be said that wouldn't have been said in the past. Info will be 'leaked' that shows the star in a bad light. Folks will 'remember' things that show the star in a different light. Fans who are upset try to pull the star off the pedestal and find 'reasons' that moving on is OK. 

For Harris it was get less than 130K and retire in blue or 165K and play for Toronto. We all know his decision and good luck to him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I've thought about it......and I think Bighill is the true leader on the team, and a guy who prides himself on always working, and never putting himself ahead of the team. I think what's happened with Harris will be seen as him putting himself ahead of the team. I'm not sure who will become the vocal leader on offense now (I feel like Zach isn't the loud rah rah guy that Andrew was) but I think they'll be alright. 

I don't think anyone in the locker room will view it as anything other than Andrew looking after Andrew and the Bombers looking after the Bombers but the fans will definitely view it as Andrew putting himself ahead of the team because that's what he did. However, it should be stated that going to Toronto for more money is totally his right and we should bear no ill will towards him for that. Players have to look out for themselves in contract time. What's most disappointing is how and why we had to make him an offer that he felt he had to walk away from. It didn't need to go down like that, and most of the responsibility for this falls on Harris himself.

4 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

If that's true, then folks are focusing on the wrong things.

When a star leaves a team for another team, stuff will be said that wouldn't have been said in the past. Info will be 'leaked' that shows the star in a bad light. Folks will 'remember' things that show the star in a different light. Fans who are upset try to pull the star off the pedestal and find 'reasons' that moving on is OK. 

For Harris it was get less than 130K and retire in blue or 165K and play for Toronto. We all know his decision and good luck to him.

I don't think that is entirely true, in fact, Harris himself has said that is not entirely true. It was not about the money according to Harris. He said he was willing to play for the offer the Bombers made him. If we are to believe him, and we have no reason not to, the reason he left is because he felt disrespected. A lot of the fans here not agreeing with that perspective is not pulling him off his pedestal. It is discussing whether we think his viewpoint on this is correct or not. 

Edited by GCn20
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Weird because I thought Walters said that he was able to do the Jeffs negotiations at the same time because they had the same agent.

TRUST ME..they share an agent

 

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I've thought about it......and I think Bighill is the true leader on the team, and a guy who prides himself on always working, and never putting himself ahead of the team. I think what's happened with Harris will be seen as him putting himself ahead of the team. I'm not sure who will become the vocal leader on offense now (I feel like Zach isn't the loud rah rah guy that Andrew was) but I think they'll be alright. 

Zach actually is quite vocal....fans dont see it....But 2 lineman who are very vocal...and I would assume Demski steps up and becomes that leader

4 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I don't think anyone in the locker room will view it as anything other than Andrew looking after Andrew and the Bombers looking after the Bombers but the fans will definitely view it as Andrew putting himself ahead of the team because that's what he did. However, it should be stated that going to Toronto for more money is totally his right and we should bear no ill will towards him for that. Players have to look out for themselves in contract time. What's most disappointing is how and why we had to make him an offer that he felt he had to walk away from. It didn't need to go down like that, and most of the responsibility for this falls on Harris himself.

dont think any one bears ill will...just the dynamics around it....and the fact Harris trying to come off as slighted and disrepected for the teams asks of him....nobody discounting what bhe did and what he meant to team....I sure others who left for more were offered less to stay...and they didn't bring it up in media..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

TRUST ME..they share an agent

 

Zach actually is quite vocal....fans dont see it....But 2 lineman who are very vocal...and I would assume Demski steps up and becomes that leader

We have a locker room chock full of leaders. The void left by Harris will be closed very easily. I am not worried about that in the least. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...